1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Hull City v Blackburn Rovers

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Chazz Rheinhold, Aug 20, 2019.

1. pierredelafranchesca

pierredelafranchesca Well-Known Member

Fine lines tonight for me, score the penno or stick any of our first half chances away and go 1 up and it could be a different game, heir goal could've been chalked off for a foul, could have had a 2nd penalty.....yes overall we weren't great, mainly due to our limitations at full back and up top (eaves poor, Magennis didn't even touch it...) which puts so much pressure on the other 7 outfielders to do everything. Not surprised the 3 cms were knackered, ran their balls off all night

2. Febbos

Febbos Well-Known Member

McKenzie - Not ready for this level
    Kingsley - Not good enough for this level

I'd probably prefer playing Da Silva as right back rather than McKenzie just because he'd bring pace (can't be much more unreliable with his defence)

Eaves - I've been whining on Dicko, but Eaves did even less, not impressed.
    Magennis - Not gonna whine, but honest question, did he touch the ball once after he came on?

nwtiger and newlandcasual like this.
  3. willyfog

willyfog Well-Known Member

De Wijs had an amazing knack of seeing a player make a run into a channel (but this was just a mirage that only he was seeing) - he then constantly overhit his pass to the aforementioned non existent player for a goal kick.

4. Sir Cheshire Ben

Sir Cheshire Ben Well-Known Member

When?

5. willyfog

willyfog Well-Known Member

On current performances (as few as there have been) Dicko is our best option.

6. tigerscanada

tigerscanada Well-Known Member

Disappointing. It's gonna be a frustratingly long season.

7. Febbos

Febbos Well-Known Member

Ugh
    That's just depressive

Dicko can't play alone up top
    Eaves and Magennis seem to need a partner

I'd probably almost prefer just playing something like...

Grosicki, Bowen, Bowler

If it was FIFA i would anyway....

Howden Tigress and Willson like this.
  8. Febbos

Febbos Well-Known Member

I'd also take these fellas in their prime....

Hernandez
    Grosicki, Koren, Bowen

nwtiger and Howden Tigress like this.
  9. Howden Tigress

Howden Tigress Well-Known Member

And, why didn’t Long appeal/remonstrate with the ref, instead of just skulking back into his net, he should have been in his face appealing straight away, too niaive. If that had been Greegsy in net, imagine his reactions!

Positives, Stewart looked a class act, never thought I’d say that a year ago, and Grosicki first half all over them, but non existent in second half, together with Bowen who was pretty anonymous tonight. Eaves, not impressed.

Unfortunately, that wiley fox, Mowbray, won the battle of the Managers/tactics, McCann is on a steep learning curve it could be a long, frustrating journey. Shame, ‘cos I was warming to him, (not in a Marco type of way.)

Disappointing, my first game actually seen this season staying up late in Cyprus, think I need another large one (wine) to dull the pain. A tired, naffed off Tigress.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2019
  10. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

If he can run - he’s already an upgrade on Kingsley.

Idi Amin likes this.

11. Tentotwo

Tentotwo Well-Known Member

Always a ball ache losing,harder still seeing it live on the box. The whole Tigernation saw the good,the bad and the ugly tonight yet here we are once again questioning a new manager,with his new ideas obviously trying to teach a squad including several new players his style of playing. Last season Nigel sorted things out and we ended up taking teams apart after being apparent relegation fodder pre Christmas. Point I am making here is let’s see we we are in terms of expectations come January ...cos that’s about the time many Chairman either press the ejector button or god forbid...spend a few bob.

12. TigerinSydney

TigerinSydney Well-Known Member

I don’t understand why penalty takers hit the ball in the air - where keepers arms usually are.

Every pen should be low towards the corners. If the keeper saves them then fair play

13. City Man

City Man Well-Known Member

tigers1970 likes this.
  14. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

0-1 flattered us to be honest. Credit to Blackburn who didn’t even need to get out of first gear. Where was our alleged pressing game? I didn’t see any evidence of that whatsoever. Williams in defence for Blackburn looked a class act. We were second best in every single position. Dack ran the show from the front. If McCann’s idea is not to look at how the opposition play (He said that in a pre match interview) then he needs to buck his ideas up pretty ****ing quickly as from last season we all knew what to expect from Blackburn.

We have two big centre forwards in Eaves and Magennis who between them in 90 odd minutes did not win a single ****ing header. We’d have been more effective with Dicko up front.

Edit: Trying not to be critical of Kingsley is increasingly difficult when he puts in consistently piss poor displays like tonight.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
  15. Top_Tiger

Top_Tiger Well-Known Member

In a modern game where fullbacks are so important, ours a completely sh!te, awful, hopeless and simply not good enough. Our best one is injured and at least solid.

We will also regret letting Campbell go. Id rather join all our 3 strikers wages together and pay him what he wanted.

16. City Man

City Man Well-Known Member

They looked a proper established team with tactics and cohesion,and we looked what we are- a work in progress and a bunch of players who don't really know each other yet..

GM will by now be starting to realise the limitations of some of his players.

BRFC looked extremely solid and comfortable on the ball all over the pitch. Mowbray has quietly put together a very efficient unit.

But can't help thinking we made them look a bit better than they actually were.

Howden Tigress and Lincoln Tiger like this.
  17. tigerscanada

tigerscanada Well-Known Member

The element of surprise. All keepers dive - left or right (surprisingly). It's essentially reflex action nowadays. If a penalty taker can be reasonably accurate & direct his shot close (but under, obviously) to the crossbar anywhere in the target area, he has a decent chance of bi-passing any arm action of a diving keeper. Pace of the shot adds to his potential success rate.

18. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

Not sure about established. I’m pretty certain they brought in quite a few new players that were in that starting 11. I think you’re looking for excuses to make our inept performance not look as bad as it actually was.

5 players in that Blackburn side joined this Summer

Walton
    Johnson
    Downing
    Cunningham
    Gallagher

Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
  19. brownbagtiger

brownbagtiger Well-Known Member

Frustrating match, we couldn’t get anything going because the ref loved the sound of his whistle too much. He had an absolute shocker.

Its a marathon not a sprint etc, we’re not that bad yet apart from out lb/rb weaknesses. But what was with all the tricky flicky backwards heel passes?

20. kingstontiger

kingstontiger Well-Known Member

Magennis won a good header which Bowen volleyed wide just for the record. I think Eaves will be fine. Had poor service tonight. There are people on here who seem to have given up on the lad after 3 league games. Probably the same people who thought Hernandez was useless after his first season and should have been got rid of.

Lincoln Tiger likes this.