1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

HULL CITY EX-TIGERS REUNION.

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Tickton Tiger., Sep 23, 2019.

1. Newland Tiger

Newland Tiger Well-Known Member

I've got mine, just asking if it was sold out as seems to be the case ?

2. look_back_in_amber

look_back_in_amber Well-Known Member

Love that, wish I was going.

Kempton likes this.
  3. Tickton Tiger.

Tickton Tiger. Well-Known Member

Sold out. Attempting to squeeze a few more in who turn up and pay on the door on the night.

Newland Tiger likes this.
  4. RichardG

RichardG Well-Known Member

Good luck tonight, Urika. Sounds like a fantastic evening for a fantastic cause. Really wish I could be there.

5. Tickton Tiger.

Fabulous, old school Hull City night. Over 400 there. From the top of my head, in the auction Steve McClaren's old City shirt went for £600 plus. a signed Pele shirt for £1k, a signed team photo of Hull legends from football and RL for over £500 plus loads more too numerous to mention and remember. Loads of old players there. Brian Horton, Dennis Booth, Bobby McNeill, Billy Askew, Stan McKewan, the legend that is Billy Whitehurst ( told me he ran his bollocks off for this club), Steve Richards, Andy Saville, Graham Atkinson, Richard Jobson, Don Beardsley, John Kaye, Pat Heard, Geoff Barker, Jock McSeveney, Neill Buckley, Dave Kynman, Dean Windass, Roy Greenwood, John Hawley, Gareth Roberts, Tom Wilson, Gary Hobson, Stuart Croft, Lee Jenkinson, Ken Wagstaff, Tim Hotte, Justin Whittle, plus loads more faces who I will remember in the morning. Also Roy North and Barry Rutter,thanks to Cheshire Ben and Barcahulla and the departed Gilberdyke tiger Jez Shaw. We are a better club after nights like these. UTT.

6. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

We are. brilliant

7. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

John Ex Aberdeen now E.R. Well-Known Member

Sounds like a great night and a huge success, pity I'm 6000 miles away as I would have loved to have been there. Richard Jobson is still one of my all time
    favourites.

8. Barchullona

Barchullona Well-Known Member

Another fan of Richard Jobson here.

9. Barchullona

Sounds like a great night. Pete Skipper was one of my all time favourite City players. Others feature heavily in that list as well. Funny, feel more connection with the players listed above, many who played during some of our darkest times, than ones who have played in recent, more successful ones. Maybe something to with the way the game has changed and because Saturday’s were more fun then than in the more sterile atmosphere with everything monitored and controlled than nowadays. No one referred to a “match day experience” back then.<laugh> Though most weeks it was more of an experience,

10. Chazz Rheinhold

Maybe cos that was your time??

Tickton Tiger. likes this.

11. Tickton Tiger.

Had a similar conversation last night with City fans of a certain age. Of course football has moved on, as we all have, and we are all 25 years older then we were when we were supporting Brian Hortons promotion winning team, and of course all the teams before him.
    Wonder if we will see a similar get together of old players to celebrate Steve Bruce's promotion winning team in 25 years time ?

12. TwoWrights

TwoWrights Well-Known Member

Rumour has it Jobson turned up, went home and then turned up again.

The views expressed in my posts are not necessarily mine.

13. Kempton

Kempton Well-Known Member

Were the Allams there?

14. Barchullona

Yes, age certainly has something to do with it. However, a lot of my age say they wouldn’t have got as hooked if the experience then had been as it was now. In fact it wouldn’t have been possible as we went before we were 14 on our own, now you have to go with a “responsible adult” at that age. The game which hooked me as a13 year old was the cup game against Everton. Wouldn’t have been the same going with our dads as with a bunch of mates, which a lot of us couldn’t have done anyway as our parents worked Saturdays, sitting down with your dad surrounded by people sat quietly watching the game doesn’t compare with being a 13 year old swaying about on .Bunkers.

petersaxton likes this.
  15. Barchullona

No, these were playing in the years 30 BC. (Before ****s).

TwoWrights likes this.
  16. Kempton

Kempton Well-Known Member

It is what it is, Castro. Check GLP's thread about the players visiting the hospital. They just have a different experience these days, but if they love it, they love it.

I don't think there's any point in going on and on about how 'It was better in our day', because I really don't believe it's going to change any time soon.

We live in different times.

Chazz Rheinhold likes this.
  17. Tentotwo

Tentotwo Well-Known Member

Most of my fer ark memories are exactly that now..distant memory’s. Plenty of false dawns on the pitch plus a regular adrenaline fuelled Saturday afternoons off it in those days. Moving forward...many fans especially the older brigade obviously enjoyed the KC rise to fame and of course Wembley first time round but sadly many including the very person who first took me to Boothferry Park as young kid never got the chance to witness it.

UTT.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2019
    petersaxton and Kempton like this.
  18. Barchullona

Players used to do charity and hospital visits back in those days. I remember some. Reading those names I recall McSeveney coming to coach the team of the youth club I went to and embarrassing some of the lads who had been less than complimentary about his skills by doing things with a football they could only dream about.<laugh>
    No one I knew growing up would have wanted to go anywhere with their dad aged 12 or 13. Getting on the train from Brid was all part of the experience, then getting to BP and swaying about in with your mates. Now at 12 or 13 you can’t go across the city on a bus and watch a game without being with an adult. We will never know, unless they invent a time machine,whether the kids would prefer those days. But I bet if they did and went back to 1966, my favourite year, and experienced what we did then at a football match they would prefer it.

19. Phinius T Bookbinder

Phinius T Bookbinder Well-Known Member

Double decker buses to matches aged 14, hooked and wether we were good or bad it didn’t matter but when we had that period under Appleton and Horton it was great to be a teenager with life ahead of you. Can’t take it away from us...

Dave Andersen likes this.
  20. Chazz Rheinhold

People certainly didn’t enjoy it, some did, as the gates were terrible due in no small part to the violence.