1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Hull City Centre Public Realm Strategy

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by originallambrettaman, Jun 8, 2015.

1. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

Tbh my first thought was it’s gonna be necrophilia

tigers1970 likes this.
  2. Ron Burguvdy

Ron Burguvdy Well-Known Member

3. Ron Burguvdy

Ron Burguvdy Well-Known Member

A 46-year-old man and a 23-year-old woman are in custody on suspicion of prevention of a lawful and decent burial, fraud by false representation and fraud by abuse of position.

I suspect the 3 charges give a clue. Probably be charged in Court in the next couple of days and then a case months (& heartache for the families) later.

On companies house there is a notice about impending winding up of the business for creditors

Ric Glasgow likes this.
  4. Ric Glasgow

Ric Glasgow Well-Known Member

I think,though I'm no expert,that a Council has a moral obligation to bury or cremate someone who has no known family or relatives at the time of death(paupers funeral).A 'simple' burial or cremation would be carried out with only the undertaker in attendance?

I'm not sure there would be more than one corpse in a coffin though?

These modern 'direct' cremations are becoming ever more popular though and they're normally arranged by the deceased' family as means of a cheap option.Funerals are becoming very expensive nowadays and I suppose some families simply can't afford to give a lavish send off(though those on Benefits can claim money to help with the cost of burying a loved one).

I can only assume that this cretin has been taking money for direct cremations and trousering the cash.How the **** he thought he'd get away with 'hiding' the bodies is frankly beyond belief.

5. TwoWrights

TwoWrights Well-Known Member

Obviously they'll have a good reason, but I wonder why the marine police unit is there.

Ric Glasgow likes this.
  6. Tickton Tiger.

Tickton Tiger. Well-Known Member

My point about more than one body in a coffin Ric, was because how would they get rid of the bodies (IF) they had taken money for cremating bodies and then not carried it out? As for cost, I'm sure the council report said it costs them £800 per cremation but how much goes to the funeral directors I have no idea.
    I know that the paupers funerals take place with no mourners present and the ashes can be handied back to the family some days/weeks later. A person I knew died alone and his family turned up out of the blue, cremated him using this paupers funeral purely on cost, and did not tell anyone when the funeral was. The deceased had actually left money for a decent funeral and his greedy family kept it. Without a proper Will there is not a lot you can do. He was a friend of mine.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2024
  7. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

I believe the company ran into financial difficulties and after failing to pay for multiple cremations at Chants and Willerby, both refused to do any further work for them. For a while he was getting them cremated in Doncaster, but also didn’t pay them and they also refused to do any more and it seems they then started just storing them.

**** knows what they were planning to do with them, or even if there was a plan at all.

I saw a story last night, a woman lost her husband late last year and received his ashes, which she had made into a memorial diamond. Yesterday, the police informed her that they’d just identified her husband’s body. Horrific.

8. Ric Glasgow

I hadn't even considered the possibility of more than one body in a coffin but the more this is being exposed it's possible he's tried anything when it's all started falling apart.

As for your friend,it's hard to believe his Family never carried out his final wish and gave him a dignified send off but greed kicks in with some families and the deceased' wishes go out of the window...All wrong!

TwoWrights and Tickton Tiger. like this.
  9. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

10. balkan tiger

balkan tiger Well-Known Member

As sad as this story is, and respect to those affected I don't think it's the horrific horror story as some (the media) are making out. As mentioned earlier it could have been much worse. The company seems to have got into a financial hole and kept on digging, getting itself in the situation as announced.
    Again respect to those involved and certainly no dispespect intended.
    And it's reminded me to find out what has happened to my dad's ashes who hopefully was cremated during covid lock down.

11. Ric Glasgow

I don't think things can get 'much worse' than not knowing how your loved one has been treated in death?

We place absolute trust in an undertaker and it's a given that they treat our loved ones with the ultimate respect they deserve.There are now people in the Hull area frantic with worry that perhaps one of their loved ones has been lying in a room or warehouse and even those who thought that their loved ones have been correctly dealt with will now have some doubt in their minds?

This particular case could well cast a huge shadow over the undertaking industry and could inevitably lead to stricter rules,regulations and procedures having to be implemented....

That in turn could further increase the cost of saying our farewells to our loved ones...

I am utterly shocked and horrified that in the year 2024 we have unearthed an inhumane practice occurring in an industry that we all,at some point,will find a necessity.

Asterix, Drew, Tickton Tiger. and 6 others like this.
  12. bradymk2

bradymk2 Well-Known Member

i think its abhorrent
    in a society where we are legally required to hand over the dead to undertakers and the like, costs thousands and theyve lied to people about ashes and other things, while storing dozens of dead in a warehouse

it lacks dignity but also massive lack of respect

13. TwoWrights

TwoWrights Well-Known Member

Fairly sure you don't have to use an undertaker, as long as you abide to certain legal conditions.

Ric Glasgow likes this.
  14. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

There is no legal obligation to use an undertaker, but not using one leaves you with the issue of where to store a body for a week and transport it around, so pretty much everyone does.

TwoWrights likes this.
  15. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

For a bit of context, and as abhorrent as this particular undertakers action appear to be, I do think that by far the majority do treat their clients with all due respect, and the staff in the crematoriums will be badly affected.

As morbid as it sounds, the crem have an almost open door policy which is a very reassuring experience for anyone that cares to look in, and the staff view their role as a privilege being able to ensure that our loved ones get all due care and respect on their final journey.

16. Ric Glasgow

Absolutely.
    Unfortunately,like most of us, I've had to use undertakers and on the occasions I've used them they have shown the utmost respect and professionalism.

17. dennisboothstash

dennisboothstash Well-Known Member

Very much so and well said.

How the deceased are treated is a hugely important thing for the mental health of those close and for the trust of people dealing with family members dying in the future.

The impacts of good and bad care can’t be underestimated

18. Edelman

Edelman Well-Known Member

The secretary in our office said today that they had a phone call to identify her grandad who died 6 months ago. they where given ashes back then

19. SW3 Chelsea Tiger

SW3 Chelsea Tiger Well-Known Member

Saw a weird post on FB, selling the organs…I suspect it 99.9% bollocks. Is that even possible? Surely by the time the undertakers have the body the tissue / organs are useless

20. SW3 Chelsea Tiger

SW3 Chelsea Tiger Well-Known Member

Awful…grief twice over