1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Hull City AFC v PNE

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Sir Cheshire Ben, Oct 19, 2018.

1. Ron Burguvdy

Ron Burguvdy Well-Known Member

Lost the most games in the league, spin that one Nigel ...

Howden Tigress likes this.
  2. City1904

City1904 Well-Known Member

I've always said this, people can look back at my posts for the past few years. I would rather go down playing for the win rather than ever playing for the draw. Just go out there all guns blazing. We are bottom playing dour football might as well be bottom playing the Slutsky way.

But I hate sacking managers especially when we won't spend on a decent replacement.

HullCityAFC1904 and Rock'n'Roll like this.
  3. Steven Toast

Steven Toast Well-Known Member

I'm not really bothered about the result, the players did alright, but they just don't look motivated. Adkins subs were baffling, not for the first time this season.

We might as well sack him and stick Pennock in charge until we're taken over. Or stick Deano in charge. Anything. Just no more of this bullshit.

4. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

Thought we were unlucky today. Got robbed at the end after all the chances we missed. The start was disappointing after I thought the players warmed up really well and looked set for the match ahead but they soon showed great character, settled into the game and took control of the controllables, so plenty of positives on show today and I’m happy with how the game went over 90 minutes. We’ve moved off the bottom of the league which is a massive plus so a good day all around in my book.

5. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

We created loads today and should have really won 3 or 4 nil. The sucker punch always seems inevitable when you can't score from open play. We can blame Adkins and scrutinise every word he says if it makes us feel better, but today was just about finishing.

6. armchairfan

armchairfan Well-Known Member

Haven't we got an even weaker squad than Slutsky had now?

Meyho likes this.
  7. King Curtis

King Curtis Well-Known Member

Find it hard to really feel bothered about the result. Normally i'd be gutted if we'd conceded a last minute equaliser but we're not an easy club to love at present. Sooner those two cockwombles go the better as it would be great to have a spark of interest and enthusiasm for the club again.

BillyBobBallbag and Amin Yapusi like this.
  8. Gone For A Walk

Gone For A Walk Well-Known Member

Outplayed for much of the first half. Could / should have been as many as 3 down.
    Much better 2nd half. Had / missed several really good chances. Realistically could have had 4 or 5 with better luck, more composure and better finishing.
    Overall? We probably edged it, but a draw wasn't too far off fair.
    Neither side looked good to be honest. We gave the ball away far too easily far too often. They were prone to the odd lapse in possession at the back a couple of times, but got away with it.
    Batty was good. Amazing how he's developed.
    Would have brought Dicko on for Martin, for his work rate, and left it at that. Didn't see the sense in the Stewart substitution during injury time when we should have been chasing a winner ... unless Batty was suffering from getting clattered?
    Disappointing after all the chances we had in the 2nd half. But I just can't get as worked up as I used to do. Wonder why.
    FFS sell you #****s

9. GEvans76

GEvans76 Well-Known Member

A point at home against poor opposition.
    Can someone explain the clowns substitutions please.
    Usual after match waffling from the clown.
    His comments about Bowen are once again the talk of idiot though probably his boss has told him to make the lad so unhappy he will want to leave in January and the vermin can take our last asset whilst filling yet again the yacht fund.

Newland Tiger likes this.
  10. DJBlackandamberarmy(No4)

DJBlackandamberarmy(No4) Well-Known Member

I actually thought we played ok for a change , but don't think anybody was surprised by the sucker punch . We just don't have what it takes to keep teams out , or finish them off

11. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

I thought the back three and Marshall had looked really good, well worthy of a clean sheet, until that goal came. Not really sure what happened or who to blame.

12. armchairfan

They started better, but we had very good chances in the first half too, players just not good enough.

13. highpeak tiger

highpeak tiger Well-Known Member

What has he said?

14. DJBlackandamberarmy(No4)

DJBlackandamberarmy(No4) Well-Known Member

Probably just a coincidence we created more chances than the rest of the season put together without our skipper in the engine room

15. Blaknamberblood

Blaknamberblood Well-Known Member

He was asked pre game re Bowen not starting against Sheff Utd .. and the plank came out with 'we need to keep him grounded' .. when Burns asked him after match what he meant and if Jarrod was getting too big for his boots he waffled for about 5 mins and kept back tracking .. the man is a complete and utter idiot .. just flaps his lips for the sake of it tbh

16. City1904

City1904 Well-Known Member

You are probably right about today's game and I appreciate you defending Nigel its very honourable.

But we are joint bottom of the league. We have scored 11 goals in 13 games. We have lost the most games in the league. We have nowhere near the worst squad in the league (It lacks balance I agree), we have some very decent Championship players, we have won twice in 13 games. We haven't scored in open play in our last 5 games.

You can blame the owners they deserve a lot of the blame. You can blame poor performances from the players they deserve a lot of the blame. But seriously, Adkins deserves a lot of the blame for our poor performances, he picks the team, chooses the system, dictates completely how we play. I don't see the point in sacking him but he has been very poor this season.

When you look at the cold hard facts Adkins hasn't been good enough this season. End of.

EDIT: I also praised the bloke to a friend for picking Bowen and Grosicki. It's ludicrous when looking back, I am an idiot. The fact he didn't pick our two best players (Maybe Irvine aside) against Sheff Utd is ridiculous.

17. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

If we weren’t in the process of being sold, Adkins would have been sacked already.

18. armchairfan

No amazing manager in their right mind would work for the Allams, they would never get the players they want while they asset strip.

19. TIGERSCAVE

TIGERSCAVE Well-Known Member

Didn't go and haven't been so not really fair to comment (well done all that did KTF) but his substitutions are a common theme on EVERY Match Day Thread.!!!

20. johnbo

johnbo Well-Known Member

Thought we should have been 2.0 down at least early on but then created some great chances hit the post/bar three times. Did enough to win it but again didn't score from open play. It was a gutting way to lose 2 points but whilst it's 1.0 and you don't take your chances then it happens. Overall decent performance but let's not forget we are playing a bottom three team at home. It's a struggle with this squad we are all hoping for new ownership and a few points to keep us in the pack and give new owners a chance in January( if we get them)