1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Hull City AFC fans message to Ehab..

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by allowentry, Nov 10, 2017.

1. Gone For A Walk

Gone For A Walk Well-Known Member

Jeez, are some on here really thinking this is an olive branch? Seriously?
    FFS, wake up.
    How the **** is this an olive branch?
    - there's only 2-300 against us
    - we'll give you concessions of £6, but adult prices will go up £6
    - we'll talk with the Council, but only if they apologise first
    - we'll consult with supporters groups (ha ha, never heard that before)
    - it was only a few days ago they took the sign down as the latest '**** you'
    FFS, you are falling straight into their hands.It's an attempt to quell the protests, to further divide the support, to make it appear that the protestors are the bad guys and are unreasonable.
    And your local media is helping them achieve their aim with their headlines of 'reconciliation', 'olive branches', .....
    Unbelievable.

2. dennisboothstash

dennisboothstash Well-Known Member

I’ve read and re read Ehab’s quote and now I understand the only thing on offer to justify a cessation of protests is a price rise for some people I’m firmly of the opinion that this is no olive branch...it’s a ****ty stick
    I am also coming to the conclusion that this is about calming noise around the Queens visit, not just an actual protest but Social Media and Media noise
    Personally I think the Trust should focus on timing the publicity around his latest appalling suggestion to mean that aimmediately before she arrives everyone is talking about them in as negative way as possible

3. Obadiah

Obadiah Well-Known Member

I used olive branch because somebody else mentioned it on the other thread.

All Ehab has offered is to meet those "leading" the protests. My suggestion would be that those involved in the various protests delegate their invite to the Trust. The agenda is fairly light as far as I can see:

1. Our name is Hull City AFC, so bloody use it

2. Reintroduce proper concessions not the con job Ehab pulled on the Premier League to win the "war"

3. Open the gate and put our City's badge back on the KCOM

4. Set up meaningful consultation about future changes. So we have no repeat of the evictions from the East and West Stands.

Half an hour into the meeting should tell those involved whether Ehab wants peace or whether its yet another media soundbite.

4. askewshair

askewshair Well-Known Member

On reflection, he has offered nothing just unreasonable proposals he knows wont be accepted.
    • the concessions are only a proposal. Usually a proposal would be a starting point to negotiate on. We know that wont happen.
    • meeting with the council but conditional on them apologising
    • requesting the council agree to go public with the agreement. They clearly know this is going to embarrass HCC and are calling them out on this one.
    He can say now that he has tried, but those nasty people rejected his conciliatory attempts

dennisboothstash likes this.
  5. The Omega Man

The Omega Man Well-Known Member

The engagement appears to be for all fan group leaders

"Until such time, we kindly request an amnesty from fans reacting during the match, this is a sign of support to the team, not the ownership! I am extending this request to all fan group leaders, whom we will engage with over the next week or so to seek a temporary resolution to these matters until our departure"

I do not believe that there will be anything on the table except the offer to introduce a concession rate at the level published provided that there are no more protests. That will be it, nothing else, just take it or leave it. One more protest and the concession would be removed.

6. dennisboothstash

Are you referring to the ‘offer’ of raising prices for adults?

If you are then that’s a great reason to protest

ImperialTiger likes this.
  7. Obadiah

Obadiah Well-Known Member

It is, but its written in such a way to include the leaders of the groups protesting, of which there appears to be a number. Otherwise all he had to do was call a meeting of the Supporters Liaison Forum (or whatever its called).

The Trust can be relied on to represent the protesters and raise the issue of the name, the lack of concessions and get Ehab's answer. If the Club wants to seriously address the issues the meeting will know within half an hour. If he doesn't the war will continue.

dennisboothstash likes this.
  8. dennisboothstash

The war should continue up to the meeting too

amberman8 likes this.
  9. charon-the-ferryman

charon-the-ferryman Well-Known Member

Its worth repeating the old adage - How do you know if they Allams are lying and talking **** - they open their mouths

Evington likes this.
  10. balkan tiger

balkan tiger Well-Known Member

What did he say about using the clubs name Hull City? the one he told those attending the previous fans meetings was not being used out of club policy just a coincidence thing then. He and his father are lying ****s and not to be trusted.

dennisboothstash and Evington like this.

11. The Omega Man

Are you trying to make me out to be the villain in this?

12. The Omega Man

Was Ehab at the meetings? I wouldn't know because I do not go to any, so why not ask those who do go?

13. dennisboothstash

Huh?!
    Absolutely not
    It was a genuine question. I read it as you saying that if there were more protests then the concession offer would be removed, but that didn’t make sense to me as that offer being removed would be a very good thing
    That’s why I asked.
    I’m not having a pop at all, but what was it you meant? Or if you did mean what I thought why would the price increase being removed be a bad thing?
    Cheers

14. The Omega Man

My reading of it is that there is only one offer on the table, we asked for concessions and this is what is offered.

I do not think it is a good offer, personally, but I do not support protests in the ground during a game.

15. dennisboothstash

Ok
    I wasn’t having a pop, but we fundamentally disagree on the offer then
    I don’t read it as an offer of concessions at all, I read it as a price increase for some people

It’s not an offer to consider I don’t think, it’s an offer to deride and use as a tool to embarrass them with

I appreciate you don’t agree with protests during games. However that’s not just because of this price hike

16. Godrevy Buoy

Godrevy Buoy Well-Known Member

Perhaps the family realise how far they have come in antagonising a very large number of people. It is right and proper that they restore concessions to the OAP,S and kids. Personally I would like to see the children’s prices be a lot less or even free when there are large areas of the ground empty. However if Ehab wants to see wounds healed then he has a very easy way to unite this club. Drop the Hull Tigers from all the webs, programmes, advertising etc., and reinstate the club name Hull City AFC. Do it loud and proud and people would respect that.

17. TIGERSCAVE

TIGERSCAVE Well-Known Member

I hate to tell you this GB.... but is the Allams reinstated everything, opened their cheque book and supported the manager I and I am sure thousands of others would NEVER respect them for anything because all of these things should have been in place and happened anyway. This prick has frittered away a fortune for his family, lost a generation of support and taken away the opportunity for Hull City to be known as part of the Premier League instead of the shell of a club it is now.

18. dennisboothstash

Focussing on whether the price for kids is too high or not is missing the point
    His proposal isn’t introducing concessions...his proposal is simply to put up to price for one section of supporters.
    That’s fundamentally different

19. FILEYseadog

FILEYseadog Well-Known Member

The Filey People's Liberation Front For The Removal of the Allams . Fan Group that numbers 1 Member would like to give there response to the ALLAMS

**** OFF

until you do our group will not step foot in the Kcom Stadium

Last edited: Nov 11, 2017
  20. Godrevy Buoy

Godrevy Buoy Well-Known Member

My point is simple. Unless he makes more moves to undo some of the daft things they have done there will be no common ground. I would like to see some meaningful movement from Ehab and I don’t care what he does to achieve this. I don’t think there is any chance of the two side coming together again too much has happened. This in itself does not prevent them doing what is right and proper and has caused all the aggro of the recent past. It takes a bigger man to admit he was wrong and do something about it.