1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Huddlestone

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by CanarySpurs, Aug 22, 2012.

1. CanarySpurs

CanarySpurs Active Member

Looks as if Hudd has joined Stoke on loan for the season (Source: Jermaine Pennant's twitter).

This and the imminent sale of Daws has irritated me, two of my favourite Spurs players have been booted out whilst Jenas and Bentley remain!

2. Spurm

Spurm Well-Known Member

you like Dawson and Hudd better than Jenas and Bentley? Are you mad sir? ;)

3. CanarySpurs

Something else just popped into my head, does this mean the Huddlefro project will transfer to if he scores a Stoke goal, or will he have to leave his hair as it is for at least another year!? :confused:

4. notsosmartspur

notsosmartspur Well-Known Member

Tom Huddlestoke!
    please log in to view this image

5. LockStock

LockStock Well-Known Member

It's like a nightmare situation unfolding. For all involved I'm sure.

6. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

I'm with you on this mate. Really winding me up at the moment... Selling good players and keeping the f*cking dead wood around.

7. Master Yoda

Master Yoda Well-Known Member

This is quite strange - Harry built you a strong, deep squad (everywhere apart from up front) - Huddlestone could surely have played 20+ games for you this season.

8. O.Spurcat

O.Spurcat Well-Known Member

I share the frustration of seeing talent like Huddlestone departing when the dross are stll hanging around the club. But the fact is that in the pre-season games, Tommy has been hopeless, and completely off the pace. Whilst that is understandable given he has been out of football for a year, it is clear he needs games to get back to his previous levels of performance. If he isn't going to get these games with us, then it makes sense for him to take the opportunity of getting them elsewhere. If he buys into Pulis's work ethic at Stoke, then I can see Tommy doing well there and hopefully come back to Spurs a fitter and better player.

9. No Kane No Gain

No Kane No Gain Well-Known Member

Jenas is on his way out too it seems but Bentley's hard to shift. Overall I think we've done very well ushering the crap players out of the door.

Not happy about losing Huddlestone or Dawson though, if there's a masterplan they're going to have to move quick because we're going to need another 4/5 players before the start of the season I'd have thought.

10. Huddlestone's loan is understandable (for the reasons Spurcat mentions), but the proposed sale of Dawson is difficult to understand. Why are we getting rid of one of the best English CBs in the country?

11. No Kane No Gain

No Kane No Gain Well-Known Member

I really didn't think Huddlestone looked that bad on tour and Dawson really impressed me considering he was coming back from a series of injuries too.

12. CanarySpurs

Another point is that AVB announced he would be our season captain, so the Dawson deal is bizarre. Supposedly QPR have agreed a loan deal for Carvalho so perhaps the Dawson deal is off? Else they're gonna have a hell of a lot of CB's.

13. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

Dawson and Huddlestone were around long before harry.

If anything, Harry didn't build a deep squad - he just increased the number of players he never used.

14. O.Spurcat

O.Spurcat Well-Known Member

Yes, when the new kit was launched, it was definitely said that Dawson would be club captain. But there was a slight retraction from AVB last week, when he said he would confirm his captain after the transfer window had closed.

15. The BBC is reporting that Carvalho is only a season long loan. Dawson, of course, is permanent for them.

16. CanarySpurs

Of course, but as I say they're still going to have an extremely large squad - I haven't seen many outgoings from them this season?

17. Music On The Samways

This <ok> And with regards to Daws, he was only at his best when along side King because King would sweep all what Daws missed. Don't get me wrong his 'I'll stop this shot no matter what' attitude is why he's so loved by us spurs fans but this way has lead to more and more injuries for him and if you take away what is great about him so he doesn't get injured then it's not the same player. I'm said to see him go but know we need to move forward. Plus 9 mil is a cracking deal :)

18. notsosmartspur

notsosmartspur Well-Known Member

Stoke might actually be a good club for Tommy, he'll certainly have to brush up on his physical game training amongst that lot, and of course Crouchie is there for his long passes, it could be him that brought Hudd to Stoke's attention.

As for Daws, maybe not so odd, Caulker was also left out last weekend, and if he's been disgruntled by that and its a choice between him a Daws to keep, what would you do? I'd keep Caulker too seeing as he is the future.

19. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

How tall is Stoke's bloody team now?
    Do they have one of those roller coaster signs outside their dressing room?
    You must be at least 6'2" to enter. Sod off, SWP.

I think it's a strange move, considering the amount of cup and reserve games that we could use to get him back to fitness.
    If Villas-Boas doesn't rate him, then I'd prefer to see him sold and replaced.

20. Boss

Boss Son of Pulis

If a club bids 7.5 million for a 4th choice centre back (even if he is better then that) then I doubt Levy will say "its ok AVB, we can turn down this huge sum of cash just so he can warm the bench"........so i doubt AVB had much say.