1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Huddersfield Town v Watford: Saturday 14th April 2018

Discussion in 'Watford' started by Hornet-Fez, Apr 10, 2018.

1. colognehornet

colognehornet Well-Known Member

I for one do not like to see us starting with one lone striker against one of those teams near the bottom. Nore do I like to see us playing for a 0-0 draw towards the end. There was a time when having been beaten 1-4 at home by someone we would have been full of fire and brimstone looking for revenge - but the pussies in our present set up don't know what fire and brimstone means. I really am looking forward to the end of this season.

2. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

Agree with you Cologne. The players seem to have no heart. This is not the Watford I knew of years ago. End of season cannot come quickly enough - I will not be surprised if we lose all our remaining games.

3. Flittonhorn

Flittonhorn Well-Known Member

I hate saying it but I can not make a strong case for Javi to still be in charge next season.
    I feel we are awaiting relegation, we stayed up last season (17th place) are relying on those bottom three to not find any form to stay up this season as we are hell bent on throwing points away. As for next season...... well how long will lady luck present us with three more worse teams? Our defensive frailties have been evident for past two months with no sign of improvement, something Javi should have addressed.

4. HaslemereKev

HaslemereKev Well-Known Member

I think this game just typifies us right now. Very little threat up front - especially from our striker - and extremely vulnerable at the back from even the most simple of plays,

Someone put on Twitter how much we have spent in the 3 seasons we have been in the PL, and how much this team cost... Just goes to show how much we have wasted - we've spent something like £160m, and this was the team;

Karnezis - £0
    Janmaat £8m
    Cathcart - £0
    Mariappa
    - £0
    Prodl - £0
    Femenia - £0
    Doucoure - £8m
    Capoue - £7m
    Pereyra - £13m
    Hughes - £5m
    Deeney - £500k

Who's really missing? Chalobah (about £5/6m instead of Capoue's £7m), maybe Cleverley (Maybe instead of Femenia - but he'd be at right back instead of Janmaat, so still about the same value), and Kabasele.

5. A1 Horn

A1 Horn Well-Known Member

Article on SSN about Stoke. Highlighting that part of their demise this season is their away form - they’ve only got one win away this season. No prizes...

6. Markthehorn

Markthehorn Well-Known Member

We are one of 3 teams with just 1 point away from home this calendar year through the 4 divisions.

Arsenal are bottom with NONE believe it nor not!

7. yorkshirehornet

yorkshirehornet Well-Known Member

Oh well worse than stoke but better than the gooners! <doh>

8. Hornet-Fez

Hornet-Fez Well-Known Member

How :emoticon-0183-swear prophetic!

9. Hornet-Fez

Hornet-Fez Well-Known Member

They are brilliant. Fast becoming my "second" team.... erm, well not really, but I cannot fault the stadium or any of their fans I've met!