1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Huddersfield thoughts

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by Westlake33, Apr 4, 2015.

1. Spanish

Spanish Well-Known Member

Personally, i think playing Skuse and Tabb together does not work and is far too negative, personally i would have dropped Skuse (surprise) and played Tabb in the middle but now we have Chaplow i would go Chaplow and Bish in the middle.
    When Parr is fit i would go for,

Bart

Parr, Chambers, Berra, Mings

Varney, Bish, Chaplow, Williams

Murphy, Sears

Far more balanced imo but hey Mick knows better!!

2. Hoppersblue10

Hoppersblue10 Well-Known Member

Berra got booked yesterday, does that mean he has picked up a 2 game ban, can't remember if that takes him:
    1 to ten bookings and 2 is it before the second cut off this season?

Edit, just checked he is still short of ten bookings!

Last edited: Apr 7, 2015
  3. Spanish

Me too mate, only difference is you paid hard earned cash to go watch that ****!! Its ok some people saying 'oh well bad day at the office, move on' from their sofa but they have not put the time and money into going to watch that ****. I do really feel for the fans, you dont mind if they put in the effort and lose but when the manager picks a side to try and stop the opposition, rather than try to win the game then i can imagine its pretty damn annoying!!

4. Spanish

I have not heard anything but you may be right!!

5. Hoppersblue10

Exactly, I think that is probably why yesterday is so annoying, it's all very well MM coming out and saying we are annoyed blah blah blah, least he and his team got paid for performing so poorly yesterday we have to pay and watch that ****e, just lately even when winning its not been that good to watch!

tractor bhoy likes this.
  6. Hoppersblue10

I checked he is still ok.....in a way I am kinda disappointed as that would have forced MM to use Chambers as a CB......<laugh>

7. Spanish

Yeah i know what your saying Hoppers, its a bit like when he was forced to use Bish fir the first time, think it was against Derby and our midfield was depleted so he had to play Bish and it worked out well, more luck than judgement imo!!

8. Hoppersblue10

What I find most frustrating is that I do try to view things from MM angle, I coach at under 16s youth level and we are a decent side, probably going to finish in top 3 of division 1, it would probably have been better but we have had a number of our "better" players unavailable for many games this season due to Suffolk commitments and playing for the likes of Woodbridge Town FC at a higher level etc.
    We can actually be guilty of times of overplaying with the ball, playing it on the ground to much, the odd punt into the corners or played into the channels to relieve pressure and start again higher up the pitch is sometimes required.

So I get why he likes Tabb, Skuse as he sees them as an insurance policy, extra cover for his back four, we also play with a holding midfielder...that is the difference, we play with just one defensive minded midfielder the rest are made up of wide players and midfielders who like to get in the box and score goals. Towns middle 3 yesterday were purely there to hold and contain, not concede and take a point, but when you have your own players playing the through balls For the opponents you have to rethink and sometimes before it is to late!

Last edited: Apr 7, 2015
  9. Spanish

Hoppers, you have always been quite vocal in your support of Mick, si can not be accused of being fickle etc!!

I bet you also play the lads in their natural positions and would also drop players if needed, not just play them coz their your mates son or something like that!!

10. Hoppersblue10

Both myself and the guy who is the manager have sons who play in the team, both have started as sub and get subbed, we know they are not the most gifted in the team but yes we always play the boys in there natural/best positions as far as possible!

As for MM I have been and still am in support of him, however since the turn of the year I just think he has got as much wrong as he has got right, playing players out of position when you are no longer getting away with it is criminal at that level IMO!

San Diego likes this.

11. Westlake33

Westlake33 Well-Known Member

I do find a defeat we go into absolute MELTDOWN!

Watford away people didn't have an issue mind you, funny that.

Anyway I could moan until the cows come home but I won't. 6/6 next two and we're back in there. We'll beat Blackpool. COYB.

12. Hoppersblue10

Who is in meltdown?

Apart from Spanish I don't see many others calling for MMs head, just that he takes his head out of his arse now and again. <ok>

tractor bhoy likes this.
  13. Guru of Ipswich

Guru of Ipswich Well-Known Member

It was a bad day at the office, nothing more, nothing less. How can MM know fryers make an error like that? we just have get our heads up and move on to the next game, wolves have to play us and Middlesboro, Brentford have got derby so A lot can still happen.

14. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM Well-Known Member

So you'd play Varney and Parr out of their 'natural' positions........<cheers>...some fan would not like that.

15. Hoppersblue10

Sorry it was a lot more than that, defensively we were a shambles, Wood was abysmal, wrong team line up.......it has been like this all year so far; Wigan, Rotherham, Reading, Leeds, Brighton, then to a lesser extent Budgies, Derby, Boro.
    Our stats don't make good reading since the start of 2015;
    Pld - 19
    W - 6
    D - 4
    L - 9

16. Hoppersblue10

Cmon Weighty playing Parr at RB is hardly "out of position" for the guy is it?

Spanish probably put Varney out there coz he knows MM won't play a natural winger out there! <laugh>

17. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

A lot of people predicted a draw on the prediction thread so it's only a point worse than many thought we'd get.............as for performance I like a few others think it was 'a bad day at the office'......I think we over achieved first half of the season and second half we have slightly under achieved in term of results and performances....so we are probably in and around where we should be.......5 games to go and in the play off hunt.......coyb.

18. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

What Left Back Parr at Right Back.....it is a little...<laugh>.........

I've got no problem with player versatility......

19. Hoppersblue10

Bad days at the office have been to frequent though wouldn't you agree, that is also easier to say staying at home and listening to it on the radio. <ok>

20. Hoppersblue10

When MM signed Parr did he not tell him he already had a LB and that if he was going to,play it would probably be at RB...Alsoif my memory serves me he is naturally right footed!
    According to Wiki he is a "Full back"