1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

How Supporters became the new villains of modern football

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by Rightsideoverhere, Dec 31, 2014.

1. Rightsideoverhere

Rightsideoverhere Well-Known Member

2. the lone groover

3. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

Couldn't have put it better myself ... a most unusual admission for me <laugh> ... I feel a little sorry for the younger generation who have never experienced the incredible feelings of being part of a swaying mass of tribal humanity that went with those special terrace days ... in terms of Leicester City, going down to Humberstone Gate with your mates on a Saturday morning, stocking up with your chosen brew from Sainsuburys before climbing on a midland red bus to go to foreign climes ... then taking your place on a 'foreign' terrace (after a stop off in a local hostelry to relieve some pressure before taking on more fluids) ... the very special away days that made you feel proud to come from Leicester and part of a collective that was bigger than the individuals ... it didn't cost a fortune, indeed it was within everybody's budget and even if we lost it never really felt like a waste of hard earned cash ...

4. Queenslander!!

Queenslander!! Well-Known Member

Cheers Righty...Good read and i hope you dont mind as i copied the link onto our board

Cheers <ok>

PS- i did give you guys the credit for it <ok>

5. Delusional Full Stop

Delusional Full Stop Champion’s League Prediction League Champion
    Forum Moderator

You have the agreement of this fan who is also old enough to remember football before statistics started ie when Sky/The Premier League started. It seems if you don't put your money and soul into "your" Club then you're not a fan.

Pity the players rarely seem to try and adhere to the same standards.

And don't get me started on the"experts" who all happen to be ex players talking about their mates and have so little knowledge of the rules of football before they pontificate on a "bad" decision.