1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

How sad are we?

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Hoops Eternal, May 15, 2015.

1. Hoops Eternal

Hoops Eternal Well-Known Member

How disappointed are we that we are back in the Championship?
    Personally I'm not fussed as I'm really disillusioned with what the Premier league has become, and that's not sour grapes.
    Looking forward to next season already.

awjm, TWGWTDT and aqualung like this.
  2. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

Swords is looking forward to it.

UTRs likes this.
  3. aqualung

aqualung Well-Known Member

Not disappointed at all...looking forward to it. A great league!

TWGWTDT likes this.
  4. UTRs

UTRs Senile Member

Gutted as all teams no matter what division they are in would love to be strutting it in the Prem with the big clubs.

The only reason why I'm not 100% gutted is being a realist we are not near being a main stay in the top flight yet. I hope lessons have finally been learnt and much needed groundwork and foundations will be laid.

Going down at present is a big unknown with all our uncertainty's and another overhaul of the squad needed. I would like to think that we will be able to celebrate more wins on a Saturday as that's what it's all about, hears hoping.

Whatever happens from now I will always be an R, despite the pain it often brings I would not change it for anything.

Sorry if that smacks of stating the bleeding obvious but that's my tuppence worth.

Last edited: May 15, 2015
    Hoop-Leif likes this.
  5. Frome-Ranger

Frome-Ranger Well-Known Member

Championship is a great league with proper competitive football week in week out. My only fear is in is going the way of so many other clubs and suffering back to back relegations. Avoid that and hopefully we can stabilise properly.

6. ----HistoryRepeating----

----HistoryRepeating---- Well-Known Member

Or achieve that & come back stronger than ever! Just saying.......

UTRs likes this.
  7. UTRs

UTRs Senile Member

This with a cherry on top:emoticon-0148-yes:

8. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

gutted
    the only time I will see QPR on tv now is when they are fighting the Chinese team
    although I will be cancelling my $200 subscription to see the premier league so I will have more money for booze
    every cloud etc etc

Hoops Eternal likes this.
  9. Ciarrai_Abu

Ciarrai_Abu Well-Known Member

More sad at what we have become and worried about where we are headed. We need to change our approach and sign players who aspire to play with QPR and not those who see it as a step down but come for the money.

rangercol and kiwiqpr like this.
  10. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

but what sort of player aspires to play for QPR
    who does not see us as a stepping stone to either other teams or retirement homes

11. Ciarrai_Abu

Ciarrai_Abu Well-Known Member

I don't mind being a stepping stone. Charlie Austin is a good example.

12. Sutfol

Sutfol Well-Known Member

Just wish they'd invest some money into that terrible post-MOTD programme. Rubbish music, opening titles, set, Steve Claridge and that bloke who travels round the grounds. Just totally devalues the whole Championship. Might have to write to the BBC and my MP.

13. TWGWTDT

TWGWTDT Well-Known Member

I believe in order to buy your way in the premier league next year with a guaranteed position to stay up and a required top ten finish a club would need to spend £300M. The league i believe will continue to split into three as i said a few years back ... The elite 6 The random pack and the also rans.

If cannot find that cash then you have no option but to do a Swansea or Southampton and credit to both them clubs for doing so

Bournemouth could be the next success story who knows

But its clear to me that we have had our best squads in our history and possibly our worse teams ... that has to go down to the club's dreadful vision

14. Ninj

Ninj Well-Known Member

when the Saint's went down, they looked at it as a chance to re-organise and rebuild. Hopefully TF and co will take a look at how the Saint's did what they did and use it as a model for the Superhoops. The only positive on relegation is the chance to get rid of some of the overpaid, underperforming players we have as well as letting go of some who's contracts are up.

15. aqualung

aqualung Well-Known Member

you've forgotten another positive, amongst others, that we will be in a more competitive league and hopefully win a few games. A league with proper fans, hardly any tourists and no glory hunters. What a great division the Championship is! A big fish in a little pond again, thank goodness. Good riddance to the closed shop that is the PL.