1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

How do you rate Jose's 2nd stint so far? - His mid year school report

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by danishqp, Dec 23, 2013.

1. danishqp

danishqp Well-Known Member

Jose has had an interesting return to the school, he has picked up on old friendships and he is behaving much better with the Headmaster and not picking so many fights with the local schools. We knew that returning would not be totally easy, hence the report is a little more generous but in general Jose must make more use of the tools he has available to him.

Goalkeeper - Not much he could do about Courtois not wanting to come back other than to force him, Cech is not at his magnificent best and needs a strong No. 2. Bought Schwartzer in, so no real harm done here.

Defence - Major credit has to go to him for getting the school captain back to a great level. Obscene how he plays Ivanovic every minute of every game and to my mind you would be far more effective both at the back and going forward by having BI in central with JT and Azipicuelta at right back. Cole has done no wrong at left back and surely must wonder how he can be behind a natural right back in pecking order.

Defensive Midfield - A horror show - One of the 2 areas that needed strengthening - You will win nothing by having Mikkel,Ramires, Lampard and Essien here. (Especially Mikkel). They do not protect your back 4 and cant find the men in front at any speed. Te one man you could have playing here who has the skill to find a man is David Luis yet he refuses to play him there.

The 3 Amigos - Managed to transform Mata from a genius to what he is now, Oscar & Hazard not quite reaching the levels of 2nd half last season. Willian, Schurlle, De Bruyne were acquisitions that weren't the most necessary.

Forwards - Well he's managed to instill massive confidence in them by calling them inept publically!!!!!

All in all, from being the best team of 2nd Half last season along with Liverpool and Arsenal you are the ones that have regressed. He's managed to piss off Mata, Luis & Cole. Seriously over value Mikkel and not getting the most out of Oscar and Hazard. As for the forwards, well, they are not up to it. Yet -

Win at the Emirates and your joint top of the League - You have a comfortable last 16 match even though you lost twice to Basle and will be set up for 2nd half. I just dont think he's done that well, even the most vociferous of Rafa haters will admit that the side was in good nick when he took over. To my mind he has performed badly in transfer market and the football has also not been a joy which is even more of a worry for you when you consider his remarks of being too expansive!!!

My mark for Jose - C Minus, can and must do better

2. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Obsessed with Chelsea and Jose.

What's everyone having for Xmas dinner?

We are having ham

3. theevilreddevil

theevilreddevil Well-Known Member

Could loaning out Lukaku have cost you the title?

4. chelsea - over 100 years of history

As it's only ****ing December and no-one here is Nostradamus....what do you think?

5. theevilreddevil

theevilreddevil Well-Known Member

<laugh><laugh><laugh> Maybe I should have left out "have"

6. Varier2

Varier2 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Overly harsh.

7. Skylarker

Skylarker PL High Commissioner

Boring to watch, clueless about his best team, defensive tactics.

Overall I'd have to say - ****.

8. chelsea - over 100 years of history

if it's a case that we are remaining competitive whilst the creases are ironed out, he's doing a fine job. If we carry on as we are for the rest of the season then we'll win jack and probably struggle for top 4 given the form of Liverpool, Arsenal, Everton and City (and you can never write off United). We can go joint top tonight which is better than we've been these last 2-3 years at this stage.

I can't see it, but we could really do with a win and a good performance tonight to show some intent. Can't remember a good performance for a whole game all season in the league. But we went through a similar patch in Jose's first season but when the team clicked, we went the rest of the year unbeaten.

9. fevriul

fevriul Well-Known Member

"Defensive Midfield - A horror show - One of the 2 areas that needed strengthening - You will win nothing by having Mikkel,Ramires, Lampard and Essien here.

What apart from the FA, European and Europa cups? <party>

10. SpursDisciple

SpursDisciple Booking: Mod abuse - overturned on appeal
    Forum Moderator

<laugh>.

11. StanDMan

StanDMan Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

he can do better - I agree on that part.

12. Liquidator

Liquidator Active Member

Have to agree with most of that in particular the absence of any credible midfield enforcer along with a striker of notable pedigree will keep the trophy cabinet empty; if there's no improvement we face a desperate scramble for a top 4 position.

I would like to see Lampard used more as an impact player, a left back (shaw) with Dave moved to RB. As for striker someone like Diego Costa (providing City or Real don't gazump us). In the meantime it'll be a case of us hanging in there till help arrives.

13. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Not vintage Jose, and not improving. Cannot believe he continues with Azpi where Bertrand should be. Can't believe Frank and Rambo (who is so close to sending off so often, and a shocking passer) are considered the duet to run our midfield.
    Apart from Terry, don't think one player is better this season , and several are worse.
    Jose doesn't seem to know his best line up, and sure doesn't use the available talent wisely. Too many favourites, too many players out of favour. Must be some discontent among players, sure looks like it with so many dud performances.
    Would say we are where we are despite Jose, not because of him. We do have a very, very talented squad who so far just can't adapt to what Jose is after.
    Looks like rumours of departing stars are likely to be right. Very interested to see who he brings in in order to get the team the way he wants it, which I have no doubt he will. 2nd half of season hopefully will see a big lift in form.
    Hope both players and Manager adapt to each others strengths.

14. HRH Custard VC

HRH Custard VC National Car Park Attendant

3 words on his stint so far

Park the Bus

15. CPofL KTBFFH

CPofL KTBFFH New Member

we've scored more than you with your fantastically open flowing football under Moyes <laugh>

16. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Time for a new story bro

17. bluemoon2

bluemoon2 Well-Known Member

He's getting back to his best!

18. Naas Blue

Naas Blue Well-Known Member

I'm going to tell this as honest as i can. A lot of what Jose has done since he came back has been strange to say the least ! Not playing Mata (best player last 2 seasons). Loaning out Lukaku instead of trying to work with him (scored 17 goals for W.B.A. last season on loan). Lately leaving Englands best left back out (we can debate that point some other time with Everton fans) for a player who was bought to play right back.... I'm not saying Azpi can't play there but you know where i'm coming from. Having said that we approach half way through the season having played some awful football and find ourselves 2 points off top. What if he starts to get it right from here and gives this team the leash..... the mind boggles !!! My prediction 1.. City 2..Blues 3..Pool (with suarez)(6th without) 4..Gunners.

19. fevriul

fevriul Well-Known Member

I love Ash, especially as he annoys the gooners, yes he is a good defender, but can you tell me the last assist he provide for a goal? The last one I can rememebr is the hoof upfield that fell to torres in the cl semi against barca.

He has energy but he has nto been doing overlapping attacking runs for a while and its showing, age gets to us all in the end :'(

20. District Line

District Line Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I'd say B- given the hand he's been dealt. This isn't his team.

Mata/Luiz have definitely regressed under him and so have a few other players but last season we would never have been capable of keeping clean sheets at the Emirates or keeping Spurs out with 10 men for the last 15 or so minutes.

He's massively improved the defence but at a cost.

Jose will get it right though, no doubt about it.