1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Hornette and Norway

Discussion in 'Watford' started by Leo, Apr 20, 2011.

1. Norwayhornet

Norwayhornet Well-Known Member

Now stay off this site till the rovers game and enjoy where you are and who you are with!!! Totally agree with AK on this !

2. Hornette_TID

Hornette_TID Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

:) okay...going...ish ;)..see you on Wednesday (if not before :))

3. Norwayhornet

Have fun XXXX now bugger off!

4. Hornette_TID

Forum Moderator

lmao! gone! xxx

5. Charlie Livesey was my hero

Charlie Livesey was my hero Well-Known Member

Now I know Dan why you put that comment in your message to me. Yes if I can help I will be only too willing to give you any tips if I can.

6. Charlie Livesey was my hero

The problem with Traffic Police is they are the ones that can't get on with the public or other Police. The greatest pleasure a traffic cop (Known in the job as a Black Rat) is to stick another policeman on. It is a shame that 90% of the public's only contact with the police is due to traffic offences and they come across those ar*****es. No wonder it is hard to get public support.

7. Norwayhornet

I,m assuming Charlie your a boy in blue! Yes your right it is unfortunate , Not long before leaving the uk I got done for speeding (which was entrapment anyway!) The young spotty faced youth had the temerity to say to me" Right Sonny" That got my goat up straight away! I firmly believe he was trying to wind me up ,so he could book me for more! I Took it to court and won speeding charges dropped and spotty got a slap on the wrist<doh>
    Proper Cops work hard under mounting pressure and bad rep,not helped by "black rats".

8. Charlie Livesey was my hero

Nice Detective work Norway (Mind it is in my Profile) - I was a 'Boy (Using the term loosly) in Blue' but retired 12 years ago. I was a detective about the era of 'Life on Mars' and yes it was like that. However I spent the last 24 years in Diplomatic Protection which certainly beat working for a living.

9. Norwayhornet

Diplomatic protection , that sounds kinda fun, like lots of sitting around nursemaiding foriegners ! Did you look after anyone famous?

10. Charlie Livesey was my hero

I'd have to kill you if I told you - no seriously - yes one or two. Maggie Thatcher before she became PM. King Hussain of Jordan (The old one) and Queen Noor. The old Pope when he came to UK. President Gorbachov on his last visit. (God sounds like I had the kiss of Death) I met, Reagan & Carter on different visits. The Queen several times, Princess Diana. There were a lot more but it would sound like I was bragging which I'm not it was just a job (exciting at times) but just a job.

11. Norwayhornet

You might know then Charlie , what the hell happened in that tunnel when Di was killed????? I can see the conspiracy theorists folking to this thread as we speak<laugh>

12. Spurs61

Spurs61 Well-Known Member

Well done Norway - never thought anyone won battles against the police - how did you manage that?

13. Norwayhornet

Got a half decent solicitor andn used the policecar videos as my evidence:)

14. Charlie Livesey was my hero

I was on duty that morning starting at 4.30am (Honestly) it was an ultra busy day. What with picking up Prince Phillip from a private early morning flight from Orly Airport to Northolt he seemed very flush with excitment (No only joking). No seriously it was a very busy day and I did start at 4.30am. A true fact which was very strange was it was our department with a couple of others that arranged security for state & and other large funerals in the capital. Obviously all of these are planned a long time in advance but we did not complete Princess Diana's new funeral (having had her HRH removed from her title) until the week before she died. As it happened there was such a public outcry that she ended up with the Funeral planned for The Queen Mother, which obviously didn't go down too well in certain places.

15. Norwayhornet

Thanks Charlie am ringing the Sun know .....(only kidding) an interesting insight! I get the distinct impression you are someone who it would be good to have a couple of beers with whilst listening to some interesting stories:) .....Will you get to the southampton meet up ?

16. Charlie Livesey was my hero

Oh I could bore you to death with my shaggy dog stories (95% of them 100% True) Called 'Swinging the Lantern' in The Job. I always thought life was like a day at Altern Towers "Lots of queueing doing nothing then a fantastic ride and adrenaline rush to beat all adrenaline rushes"

I don't know anything about the meet ups but would be interested to find out.

17. Norwayhornet

Ok Charlie Hornette has started a group (click on groups and nose around until you find it) We had a poll recently to decide which away games would be best for a meet up!
    The results were the most popular is southampton 1st Oct and the Posh away next year! I will also try to get to Forest away (because Mrs N can visit family at the same time)

18. babyhornetdan

babyhornetdan Well-Known Member

Found it!!!

19. Hornette_TID

Forum Moderator

Oooh and Charlie wanted to come to Southampton?? Uh oh!

Charlie, we've booked tickets but i can tell you where we're sitting if you want to join us and we're meeting in the pub before the match, and afterwards we're doing something..not sure what yet! Would be lovely to see you!

20. Norwayhornet

More the merrier Charlie ,if you make it Yates at 1pm or as your ex service :) 1300!