1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Hoof ball City v Arsenal

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by remembercolinlee, Aug 15, 2017.

1. Paulpowersleftfoot

Paulpowersleftfoot Well-Known Member

Emirates,a **** ton of them as well

2. ricc full

ricc full Well-Known Member

I'll take beating Arsenal over a trophy any day of the week. The most arrogant club on Earth who seem to think they have a right to win the league and be in the champions league. Your day is done, you're best years are behind you. You can't compete with the big boys anymore. Welcome to the battle for Europa league places.

3. BrunelGooner

BrunelGooner Well-Known Member

<laugh>. If your club management have the same mindset, it's no wonder Stoke never seem to get anywhere every season. The height of your ambition is beating us. Wow. I'm actually honoured that we're so important to you to the extent that your season objectives are dependent on us.

Unfortunately, you're not that relevant to us and we don't really care about you like that, so I can't say the feelings are mutual.

4. Krome

Krome Well-Known Member

Our unbeaten start to the season lasted a whole game this time. Progress!

5. ricc full

We know our level. We run the club like a business, no debt the way it should be. we've accepted mid table is our standard. Arsenal fans will have to accept this in the end too. Don't fight it accept it.

6. white_gunner

white_gunner Well-Known Member

I think a big reason our fans come off as arogant is due to the lack of change around the club. I think you'll find that if any club has the same manager for 22 years (and 2 more upcoming) their fans will also get frustrated with seeing the same thing over and over again. If we had other managers with different approaches that had a go you best believe we would be much more lenient, and not act like we have a divine right for anything.

I actually laugh at this because you think our fans are bad? Imagine if united suddenly went 14 years without winning the league under fergie or Chelsea fans keeping conte through 10 trophy less years...

BrunelGooner likes this.
  7. ricc full

Wenger has done brilliantly for you. Champions league football every year, top 4 every year. Most clubs would die for that

8. lazarus20000

lazarus20000 Well-Known Member

The problem is he will always be measured to the great start he had in the PL, that eventually led to the Invincibles. He hasn't got close to that level for many years now. If you take that away, and he hasn't done too badly when you account for everything. Us Arsenal fans have been spoilt early and haven't been able to accept anything less.

9. white_gunner

I think his record is decent.
    I think he's become an bit dictatorial and disrespectful with his ways, stubborn as hell, and refusing to change/adapt.
    I am very curious what the same squad could achieve under a different manager

However, I won't lie, I do think we are a big enough club with big enough revenue to be challenging for a title.

BrunelGooner likes this.
  10. Krome

Krome Well-Known Member

A lot of clubs would die to finish 17th in the premiership every season as well, it's all relative

lazarus20000 and BrunelGooner like this.

11. ricc full

I agree but you don't spend anywhere near as much as Chelsea, man city, man utd etc so that's relative too.

12. BrunelGooner

This is why I get annoyed when I hear opposition fans saying "Arsenal fans are such a stuck-up, arrogant, entitled bunch blah blah blah". The expectations for every club vary. We, as one of the top 10 richest football clubs in the world with the highest ticket prices and soaring revenues, are fully justified in expecting to compete for the big trophies. I'm not saying we should be winning silverware every season because that's not realistic, but we should be thereabouts. We've suffered the same flaws every year for the last 10 years without any meaningful action being done to properly rectify them, yet people wonder why we complain? It's a joke.

Quilllogic likes this.
  13. BrunelGooner

Our wage bill and income are much closer to these aforementioned clubs compared to Tottenham, Liverpool, Everton etc. We should certainly be putting in a better challenge for the league than we have been doing even if we don't win it. We should also not be so easy and predictable to play against for a supposed top team.

Quilllogic likes this.
  14. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

This is the regurgitated statement of an imbecile.

You could take almost any club in Britain and, even if they have the worst season in their history, can simply say "well we should be happy because there's got to be at least one other team worse off than us".

If Arsenal got relegated should we should be happy because there's clubs in league 1 who'd kill to be in the championship?

If we got relegated 2 years in a row should we be happy because there's clubs in league 2 who'd kill to be in league 1?

Is that how logic works up in Stoke?

Sanj likes this.
  15. ricc full

Never said that. Arsenal have been in the champions league virtally every year for 20 years. You've finished in the top 4 every year. Considering you're up against 5 other massive clubs unlike any other division in the world id say you were doing pretty well. This is why you get bad press because there is no logic in your statement. If you were finishing 8th then I could understand but considering you're in the top competition (champiins league) every year then I'd consider that your club was doing pretty well. Maybe if you all stopped moaning and got behind your team and manager they would do better.

TheBear likes this.
  16. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

Again, simplistic and imbecilic.

Out of the 13 seasons since we last challenged for one of the big trophies, do you think we've been on Wenger's back for all 13 of then?

17. white_gunner

This is true. From about 2004-2012 we were patient and understood the club had just spent money on a new stadium. We still wanted to win the league, but there weren't really 'wenger out' signs or protests during that time. From about 2012 and on, Gazidis and Wenger came out to say 'weve payed the debt, now is the time when we can start spending and contending with the other clubs', and even then there wasnt really a protest until about 2015-16.

We HAVE been patient IMO.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2017
    BrunelGooner, gooner4ever and cini65 like this.
  18. Smithers

Smithers Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Too patient IMO

19. BrunelGooner

The 3 FA Cup wins in the last 4 years definitely gave him a stay of execution. Unfortunately, all this has done is mask the real problems we've been facing.

If we lose to Liverpool next week, the atmosphere will be venomous in the following game. People are already dreading the season and we're only 2 games in (3 if you want to count the Community Shield). It doesn't bode well.

20. ricc full

Well hopefully Wenger does go and you all get your wish but the grass isn't always greener. Go ask Man utd fans.