1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Honeymood Period or the real deal?

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by Oldsparkey, Oct 6, 2020.

1. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

Millions spent, but was it the players he wanted? Johnson fannied about........but only with the players at his disposal....not so simple. If it was that simple, there would be many more top managers.....I hope, but we will see if DH is a top manager, when he has to change things....that's when we will know if he's the real deal..

2. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

Holden hasn't 'fannied' about, a huge difference.
    He's promoted Bakinson over Massengo, Martin has come in (the only difference, Morrell, Walsh and Williams have been injured) and kept the same set up and personnel.
    Not fannying about is paying dividends.

3. oneforthebristolcity

I get that RP.....all i'm saying is when he does have to, we will see how or if things change..It's a much easier job when your winning games!!!

Redprintt likes this.
  4. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

I just watched the game at Forest and my goodness didn't Bentley have a brilliant performance? At the end of the game it was great to see the reaction from the bench and the players meaning that this lot mean business and I think they are up for the fight. I know we have a long way to go and the past needs removing from our minds so that we can focus on the future, and once we have done that we can base our opinions on what happens from here.

Let's hope that the days of confusion and questions disappear from what goes on at Ashton Gate so that DH and his staff can focus solely on what needs to be done to make us a serious contender. Good luck to them.

5. oneforthebristolcity

Such fine lines between winning games and losing them.......for all the critics of Bentley, he pulled off such amazing saves that otherwise could have cost us the game..especially in the first half before we scored...

6. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Christ guys, haven't you got a game of football tonight?

All I see coming across here to your forum lately is discussions (arguments?) over non football matters. Not saying that's necessarily a bad thing, but let's have some more football stuff because frankly, I think we all need the chat we can generate at this time. <ok>

7. realred1952

realred1952 Well-Known Member

Apparently arguing is educational …. :emoticon-0138-think
    However v Barnsley may not be that easy! As I mentioned on a footballing thread a couple times since season start Barnsley have been busy in the market … and fairing a tad better than Cardiff …. we are are up against Shuddersfield tonight … I shudder to think what a defeat will bring!!!!!

8. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Both Yorkshire clubs Barnsley and Huddersfield are playing well at the moment.

Put it this way, we both need to up our games to get any return from either of them. <ok>

9. oneforthebristolcity

I think we've gone through the highs of sitting pretty on top of the league, generating the views that we're unstoppable and now we've had a bad run generating views of where it's all going wrong.....I think we are all scratching our heads waiting to see what kind of season pans out for us....Of what I've watched, I think it will end up just above half way....at times really good to watch but then we struggle to contain teams...we do have decent players out with injury, so it feels like seasons gone by.. Hopefully DH can rekindle some confidence in the players and we turn it back around!! Looks like your mob doing the same!

Oldsparkey likes this.
  10. realred1952

I want a point from tonight and another from the weekend, after the mid November Holiday we start again!

11. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Our mob is just a mob at the moment.

12. realred1952

well most come from us !

13. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

Since Mawson was injured maybe?

14. Cliftonville

Cliftonville Well-Known Member

Early days but flogging Morrell and bringing in Brunt may be poor business. Brunt has played here as a defensive midfielder a position he has not played for most of his career. Brunt does not look at home in the role Morrell for Wales does.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2020
  15. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

Can't disagree, no idea other than Morrell pushing for game time.
    Holden hasn't been allowed in the Sweet Shop afforded to Junior.
    Just a £2million crock, a free transfer and a few loans.