1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Honest Question

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by We are Hull, Feb 16, 2013.

1. roseniorhisgranisfromhull

roseniorhisgranisfromhull Well-Known Member

<laugh> .

If anything you've made me realise just how great a job Bruce has done even further. I was actually referring to Aluko and had forgotten about losing Elmo which led to our poor form in January.

2. Proud Fox

Proud Fox Well-Known Member

It this manager of the month crap

Bruce won it for December= Had a **** January
    Pearson won it for January= So far having a **** February

From now on can we rotate it between Zola and Bruce

3. look_back_in_amber

look_back_in_amber Well-Known Member

You're partly right Proud, we had a **** January, but is wasn't anything to do with SB getting the gong in December, it was everything to do with MON recalling Elmo.

What genuine reason will you be able to give for your **** run at the end of February, or will you blame it on the award, hocus pocus and all that palava? :emoticon-0105-wink:

4. Lesta Gangsta

Lesta Gangsta Well-Known Member

But how much create should actually go to your owners for bringing in these Egyptians? If Gedo ends up being as prolific as the early signs show, I'd say a lot. They brought in Gedo. Bruce brought in Prossie. Says it all.

5. Lesta Gangsta

Lesta Gangsta Well-Known Member

Obviously Wood's injury.

6. Der Alte

Der Alte Well-Known Member

"Watford we're late starters though. Their form since November as been incredible. Ours have been patchy, with the odd month-long slump here and there! Your home form is good but, take away the win over plummeting Milwall, and you haven't won away from home since before Christmas."

I think that's a fairly selective view though. We beat Watford in December (2-1 away)when they were in a fairly well established run of form and Zola reckoned we were the best team in the league - I may be mis-quoting him but I think he said that he'd never come across a team like City in the Championship and implied that it was a good job they didn't have to play us very often.
    As for the away form since Christmas you are correct but your viewpoint is possibly over pessimistic - we've drawn away at Blackpool, Peterborough, beaten Milwall and lost a very closely contested game at Brighton. Not too bad a record as I suspect your results in the equivalent fixtures might show.
    Having said that, I still think it is far too early to make any confident claim of automatic promotion - any one of about 5 teams could claim the two places and all teams in this league are capable of taking points off others. There are no gimmes.

7. roseniorhisgranisfromhull

Did you mean to say create because I can't make sense of that sorry?

<laugh> As if that says it all, you can't seriously think that 'Says it all.' unless you are a complete and utter moron. Of the Egyptians, Fathi's played 20 minutes and Gedo's had 2 starts. Bruce brought in Stockdale, Elmohamady, Brady, Bruce, Quinn, Meyler, Aluko, etc that's how much it says it all ... If Elmo & Aluko had stayed injury-free I feel confident we'd be top, even though Cardiff would still have a game in hand.

p.s. Don't worry about Gedo, the Egyptian league is a joke league, the AfCoN is a mickey mouse competition and he won't do anything, just ask AKCJ. <laugh>

8. Proud Fox

AKCJ's never said Gedo will never do anything. He just said the ACON is a poor standard tournament which it is. So far Gedo has started very well but there is still a long way to go before you make him out to be Pele. Chris Wood still has a better goals to games ratio

9. roseniorhisgranisfromhull

It's a better standard than the Championship. Who cares about him compared to Wood? He's got us the goals to take us 9 points ahead of you, and 3 ahead of 3rd, that's all that matters. The record of 3 goals in 2 starts is reasonably impressive, but he looks to me as if he's only in second gear right now, best still to come I'd say. <whistle>

10. Murdoc

Murdoc Well-Known Member

Gedo hasn't played in the Cup though. Not trying to compare them, but you can't really being goal:game ratio into it when Gedo's made 2 starts and 2 sub appearances.

11. Horsham_Tiger

Horsham_Tiger Well-Known Member

Let's start a "my dad's bigger than your dad" argument again. Tigers and foxes love those games!

12. TigerinSydney

TigerinSydney Well-Known Member

I think I'm right in saying - but correct me if I'm wrong LCFC fans - prior to Wood coming in you were realistically looking at the play offs as your form had dropped off - despite our lack of a goalscorer we were higher up the league - Elmo leaving in Jan was undoubtedly a reason for our drop in form - not a lack of strikers as we were in 2nd with no strikers. Elmo is class, in a different league to almost anyone he come up against - if he stays fit we will be very competitive.

13. Proud Fox

We was neck and neck but we have a slight dip in form at the same time you had a good run of form. When Chris Wood signed we then went on a good run (obviously his goals was a key factor)

Both of us was saying before Jan that our business in the transfer window will decide whether we was able to chase 2nd or just get the play offs. I think we are both capable of getting 2nd but despite being off the pace at the minute we still have a very good chance of getting there

14. roseniorhisgranisfromhull

&#8220;We were informed by you lot that you would get a striker in the transfer window.

Unless you're pinning your hopes on the Egyptian nobody?&#8221; AKCJ

&#8220;Must be good then

Remember the last time you claimed your unheard of striker was going to be brilliant?

What was his name again?&#8221; Proud Fox

&#8220;The difference between us and you is we have actually got decent strikers. You dont have any&#8221; Proud Fox

&#8220;Here's a tip. There is a pretty high chance then when you sign someone from a **** league that the player is going to be ****. Dont pin your hopes on them as things will go wrong&#8221; Proud Fox

So far, I'd say Gedo has done alright. What do you reckon lads?

15. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

Fair play ... but you've still got Charlie ... so there is a God ...

16. roseniorhisgranisfromhull

He spends most of his time on here though. Wonder if AKCJ or Proud have since changed their views on Gedo from those quotes?

17. Freddy Fosse

Freddy Fosse Member

All your Egyptian lads seem to be doing the business for you at the moment. Do you have the option to sign them permanently in the summer?

18. roseniorhisgranisfromhull

I'm almost certain that all 3 will depend on promotion. Brucey said earlier in the season that the Elmo deal was subject to promotion and a £1 mil fee, which would be an absolute steal. The other 2, their manager said something like he's gonna walk if they sell them, but I think the owner is keen to offload. I suspect if we go up they wouldn't deprive them of a shot at the Premier League.

19. MIAMI_FOX

MIAMI_FOX Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Fair play to Gedo, he seems to have hit the ground running. Has Fathi played yet? If you got Elmo for a million yeah it would be a steal. Who scouted these Egyptians, was it Bruce?

20. roseniorhisgranisfromhull

Fathi played 20 minutes at the end of the Charlton game, he looked overly keen to make a good impression (was never going to match Gedo's start!) and missed a few balls. The Egyptians seem to rate him the highest of the 3 but haven't seen nearly enough to say ourselves. Well Bruce knew Elmo from Sunderland and the other 2 were down to Allam's link with Al-Ahly, I would guess more based on their records than having scouted them.