1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Honest Question

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by We are Hull, Feb 16, 2013.

1. Quill

Quill Bastard

Well, looking at the club now, we have definitely acheived the aim of playoffs.

Based on what I 've seen recently, I think us not getting top 2 would be underachieving.

2. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

1st Leicester
    2nd-24th Don't care :emoticon-0105-wink:

In all seriousness I have no clue - gave up trying to predict this league ages ago.

3. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

Consumer announcement

There may be horsemeat in burgers but far worse is a sour patty full of **** ...

4. look_back_in_amber

look_back_in_amber Well-Known Member

I've just listened to Pearson's post match interview, all 7 minutes 31 seconds of it, and I have to say his attitude has reminded me why I'd love Leicester to miss out this season, he can't even bring himself to call your support 'the fans', instead using the term 'they'. Yes I know many of you won't care what he thinks of you but I'm sure, deep down, you will admit, although probably not here, that it'd be nice to have even a small degree of mutual appreciation.

The interviewer, yes I know he's probably pissed NP off in the past by asking probing questions - that's his job, it's called journalism, sounded like he was walking on egg shells whilst conducting the interview, not good at all, and not comfortable to listen to.

So, to be clear, this isn't aimed at AKCJ, Proud, Fosse or any of the others, I just think you're manager's a total twat and would love to see him fail, which he surely will at some point, and I will not apologise for taking great pleasure from that, especially if we at the same time are rubbing his nose in it and succeeding!

Yep, the bloke, in media terms is simply a total fool.

5. rudebwoy

rudebwoy Well-Known Member

for me Watford will do a Reading, scorers all over the park, big squad, many good and eager players,a top coach who is destined for bigger things, all the other sides have to play them that are involved...
    Cardiff wobble started last night, its in their squads DNA-- do think hull will be 2nd, play off will go to whoever is on 'form' in may!--

6. mostynthecat

mostynthecat Active Member

I can see it that come final day of the season 3 teams are that close at the top of the table that any of them could go up. Watford are looking good atm. and yes I'm going to say them, Hull are also looking good - but with 39 points still to play for (minimum, Leicester have got 45 I believe to possibly get), with any number of players getting injured, suspended, it is all still to play for. All I will predict is the top 5 teams atm will make up the top 2 at season's end and 6 of the top 8 atm will finish there at season's end. And if Cardiff don't get promoted in either method their owners will be looking for a new manager

7. Proud Fox

Proud Fox Well-Known Member

As Paul Gallagher said at full time. We still have 45 point left to play for

A hell of alot can change in that

8. Fantastisch Herr Fuchs

Fantastisch Herr Fuchs Well-Known Member

It's a blip, but I think we can get through it. However, can't help but see it as the loss of our automatic promotion hopes. The fact Pearson had to bring on Gallagher and Dyer yesterday surely shows that our squad isn't strong enough, whereas teams like Watford are managing to make the most of their (or Udinese's) massive squads.

9. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

Spot on - Gally spouting on as if he is going to feature more in coming games has me even more depressed than the recent performances! - Wellens at his best I'll take .. but Gally - not for me I'm afaraid ...

10. look_back_in_amber

To be quite serious, if we play the rest of our games like we played last night, and we suffer no long term injuries to pivotal players I really can't see anyone stopping us from an auto spot, and I'd much rather have that as the play offs are gonna be a REAL nightmare this time around!

My only concern is that last nights performance, and performance it definitely was, was somehow due to sending a gigantic **** OFF to Dudley Campbell, from the players, staff & supporters of Hull City AFC, a kind of 'let's look at what you could have won' moment, and that we can't maintain that quality for the rest of the campaign.

11. look_back_in_amber

I recall a few months ago, after Gally had scored a worldie free kick, Pearson spouting in the post match interview about 'that's what Gally can do'. Looks like he obviously still thinks that he can do a job to me ;)

12. Jack Lesterfan

Jack Lesterfan Well-Known Member

That's what we, and a few supporters of other clubs, thought just three games ago...

Best not to get too carried away!

13. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

He's not been very active on twitter today either <laugh>

14. thetigers1

thetigers1 Member

the tigers will get auto at worse 2nd :)

15. Lesta Gangsta

Lesta Gangsta Well-Known Member

Football fans make me laugh. We've lost two on the bounce and some of our lot think it's game over. Hull win three home games in a row and suddenly it's second in the worst case scenario! Hilarious.

I still think Watford and Cardiff are favourites for the autos to be honest. We'll find out more about Hull's credentials now they have three away games in four matches. We will need to bounce back quickly or it will be game over - but it certainly isn't yet. Watford - well, if they carry on as they have done since the beginning of November, they'll get automatic. Hopefully though, a manager of the month award is around the corner for Zola!

16. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

We need to beat Watford and Blackburn at our place .. 2 very big home games for us ...

17. thetigers1

thetigers1 Member

as long as we finish above lesta :)

18. Lesta Gangsta

You can finish above us as long as we beat you in the play-offs! <ok>

19. roseniorhisgranisfromhull

roseniorhisgranisfromhull Well-Known Member

I disagree with the fella saying 2nd in worst case scenario and suspect he's taking the piss but I'd say your point is slightly flawed in that we are the top/second best team away from home in the league and our away record and home record are basically the same. Watford are looking the team to beat but a loss at the KC could see us edge it. The thing that shocks me is, we're 2nd having had Aluko out for about 3 months now. Take Whittingham out the Cardiff side, Vydra out Watford's, Knockaert out Leicester's, Murray out Palace's, etc for 3 months would they be in the same place? Frankly, I think Bruce has done brilliantly to have us in this position.

20. Lesta Gangsta

Watford were late starters though. Their form since November as been incredible. Ours have been patchy, with the odd month-long slump here and there! Your home form is good but, take away the win over plummeting Milwall, and you haven't won away from home since before Christmas.

Regarding the Elmo question, Cardiff would still have Bellamy, Palace would still have Zaha and we'd still have Wood/Nugent. Obviously it's difficult to answer, but if you want to ask questions like that, imagine where we'd be if we had Wood in August!

No doubt Bruce as done well, I genuinely didn't expect you to still be up there at this stage. Gedo's signing also seems to have given you the boost that Wood did for us but be warned - ours didn't last forever! This crazy league can turn on you in an instant.