1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

HOME FIXTURES

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by whiffletree, Sep 10, 2018.

1. whiffletree

whiffletree Well-Known Member

So we've got Man. C at home 22nd September, and Man U home on 22nd December. Sandwiched in between these home fixtures are a run of home fixtures which will go a long way in deciding our future: Burnley, Fulham, Leicester, Brighton, Wolves & Southampton. How many of these do we need to win?

Stumpy likes this.
  2. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

At least 4, preferably 5 or all 6.

These are the teams who will be battling alongside us and home wins will be vital towards our survival.

3. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Exactly that. Any points from the next two games would only be an unforseen bonus in the real world of the Premier League - if we get something then great, if not we move on.

Games against those half dozen clubs listed and a few more, particularly at home, will decide our future for next season. Three points at home and then pinch at least a point at their gaffs would see us safe.

Not saying we should give up against the top half dozen clubs, far from it, but the focus must be on points from what are seen as our "relegation rivals".

4. suprimir

suprimir Active Member

35 points may be enough this season. That equates to 0.92 points per game. Think that's how to approach it. Just try to average 1 point per game over a season.

If after 12 games we have at at least 11 points, things are going okay. More than 15, and I would be very pleased!

But against Chelsea, Man City, Spurs, and Liverpool, we will probably net 0 points
    So Burnley, Fulham, Leicester, and Brighton at home are huge. We need 9 points from these games!!

Fingers crossed.

5. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

20 points will be the most i can see you getting and probably not that......I hope you do but should have done better in the transfer market like wolves did and even they will find it hard going...

6. suprimir

suprimir Active Member

We won't really know until we have gone through the first 19 games. Still I feel better that Dai has picked us for 20 points or less as he is always wrong with his thoughts and opinions.

7. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

Spend a **** load of money, get relegated, have a fire sale, make a big loss. Too big a risk to take.
    Could have done with another striker, but other than that......
    If we get relegated, we won't have to sell any players and we go again.
    I've no issue with that.
    Assuming we get an additional £90m this year, we've spent less than 30 on players. If our wage bill has gone up 10, that puts £50M in the pot.
    Hopefully, we won't be asking 'where has all the money gone'.
    Still a way to got. None of the promoted sides safe yet, and no-one relegated.

FrankfurterBlue and suprimir like this.
  8. FrankfurterBlue

FrankfurterBlue Well-Known Member

Dai is very good at spending other people's money but not his own. Short arms, deep pockets......and no brain as well....or maybe he keeps his brains in his pockets so as not to use them.

9. aberdude

aberdude Well-Known Member

bollox for brains is ole dai, <laugh>

10. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Dai's OK really - he sticks his head above the parapet and the bullets whistle around him, but he stiil comes back for more. <laugh>

Dai - you take the flak fair play - but you don't 'arf leave yourself wide open for some stick. <ok>

11. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

Actually the bullets hit him smack in the middle of his forehead with such consistency they have drilled a tunnel through to the other side.

He's good value for money though.

12. aberdude

aberdude Well-Known Member

im going for 4 wins>>>>>first one coming Saturday <ale>

whiffletree likes this.
  13. ninian opinion

ninian opinion Well-Known Member

Watched that game in a sparsely populated Bob Bank when City were robbed by a non penalty when the ball struck David Tongs stomach.

Chelsea brought a lot of fans that day :emoticon-0146-punch

14. ninian opinion

This has the whole game highlights but not in HD<doh>

15. Masky

Masky Well-Known Member

Fug me, Masky doesn’t remember this, Chelsea in old Div 2. City with a 3-0 lead, conceding 3 second half goals. Tony Evans and Adrian Alston in that game I tnink! :emoticon-0103-cool:

16. ninian opinion

City players then were Roger Gibbins, Phil Dwyer, Gordon Owen, Gary Bennett, Trevor Lee, Nigel Vaughan, Andy Dibble, David Tong etc

17. Sayer77

Sayer77 Active Member

Chelsea brought 7,000 in a 12,000 crowd. The only day I've been scared watching Cardiff at home.

18. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

Hey Whiffletree, hows ya doin Mukkah? Do you like my disguise :afro:

I said before the season started this will be the mini league you'll be playing in and after 5 games I've given them positions

5. Bournemouth

12. Palace
    13. Southampton
    15. Fulham
    16. West Ham
    17. Cardiff
    18. Huddersfield
    19. Newcastle
    20. Burnley

Almost spot on, just need to replace Bournmouth with 14th place Brighton and bingo, there it is, your mini premier league, the teams you're actually competing against and the ones you need to be taking points off home and away. All you need do to survive is be better than three of them and already your showing better than Huddersfield, Burnley and I reckon Fulham too. I can see West Ham rallying but Newcastle and Southampton will both struggle and if Zaha gets injured so will Palace.

Your next competitive game then is against Burnley on the 30th, before that there's a day out to watch the best team in Europe, Citeh, close up which is always something else. Next month you play Fulham with days out to watch Spurs, Harry Kane, Deli (I'm not a diver I'm a real man) Ali, Klippity Klopp and Liverpool. Enjoy the days out, they're what being in the prem is all about but get serious against the teams in your mini league.

I got £10 bet at 5/1 (betfred) you'll still be prem league next season so don't let me down, that's a really nice bottle of Rum.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2018