1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Holloway Out now !

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Rangerw9, Jan 27, 2018.

1. Uber_Hoop

Uber_Hoop Well-Known Member

No, he’d just start to get it right and then snuff it in the dugout with a bottle of Blue Nun in a brown paper bag rattling about by his feet.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2018
    Steelmonkey and UTRs like this.
  2. Sutfol

Sutfol Well-Known Member

Stats are there for all to see but our chairman is too weak to question our DoF.
    How Holloway is still in a job tonight is a disgrace. Years now with no glimmer of progress, it’s not suddenly going to change. All we can hope for is 3 worse teams than us.

bobmid likes this.
  3. Staines R's

Staines R's Well-Known Member

Spurs were 1/12 to beat Newport.....the draw was 9/1.....they don’t always get it right

SW Ranger likes this.
  4. Frome-Ranger

Frome-Ranger Well-Known Member

I disagree there is an agenda and it's worth noting IH wasn't first choice was he, Rowatt didn't want it. Also if we stay in 16th that's an improvement :)

5. bobmid

bobmid Well-Known Member

Was it not ian Taylor who recommended Holloway to Fernandes.

6. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

Reading and listening to Ollie's post-match interviews, I suspect he may be resigning tomorrow.
    I also suspect that he's beginning to lose the dressing room.

Not sure whether him walking out with no one lined up to replace him will help us though.

7. bobmid

bobmid Well-Known Member

He should resign mate and surely the players are realising his methods are flawed, his tactics are flawed and his selections are flawed.

ELLERS likes this.
  8. Jammers

Jammers Active Member

Would be far better for your blood pressure to judge the team and manager at the end of the season in my opinion. I honestly believe people need a bit of a reality check. Where does everyone believe this squad should be placed in the league? Although we are playing poorly, I still think we will grind out some results which will see us retain our league status. I didn’t expect much more than that at the start of the season, even though I hoped we may overperform, so am far more accepting of where we now sit. I would like to think Holloway could make way for an alternative in the Summer, but not sure we will get too much better.

NorwayRanger, KooPeeArr and QPR Oslo like this.
  9. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

Kevin Nolan doing a good job with Notts County.

ELLERS and rangercol like this.
  10. bobmid

bobmid Well-Known Member

Doing a very good job mate

11. bobmid

bobmid Well-Known Member

If we can't get much better than Holloway then the club is doomed I tell ya doomed.
    I agree with the reality check comment though, let's be realistic, we should be losing 2-0 to 10 men, we shouldn't be winning more than 2 or 3 away games in a season, we shouldn't be scoring goals or defending set pieces. We definately should notify the league that we want to change the rules on pitch dimensions, why oh why are they so wide?

12. Ninj

Ninj Well-Known Member

to play Devil's Advocate:
    If Ollie does resign / get sacked in the morning, who would want a job where you get 2/3 days of transfer window, with a potential remit to clear more unwanted / un-needed players, the probability of getting little back to invest?
    I think even Jose or Pep would struggle in our current situation.
    Just for the record, I would like to see the ex-Watford boss come in IF there was to be a change

13. Ninj

Ninj Well-Known Member

Also, with reference to our defeat yesterday: Lee Johnson went about 18 games without a win last year and had fans clambering for his head. The chairman gave him time to sort out the team and a year later they are a different outfit. Not sure whether Ollie can do this but it is worth making a point.

seagullhoop likes this.
  14. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

Loads of people would jump at the chance. Most clubs are skint, we have a couple of decent players and you get to live in London.

Silva is a top tier manager.

WBA2_QPR3, ELLERS and SW Ranger like this.
  15. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

If you’re Silva, why the **** would you join QPR?

16. SW Ranger

SW Ranger Well-Known Member

Just back from a ski week in France and find this weekends result very odd and disappointing.
    Can be tough to play against 10-men, but given an hour to break them down we should have come away with a result of some kind.
    Did manage to capture video of Holloway’s after match interview and thought he looked unwell (similar to how he looked in the early months with us).
    If he decides to leave, I don’t think that will give us the best timing/opportunity to select the right person (and I’m with SB, there are people who will want to come). The board have got us into a right pickle now - no time to let him go, no time to replace him, no time to get in new player(s). With a real possibility we could be sucked into relegation. Seems the only option is to stick with him until season end now and we’ll all end up crossing everything and living on hope week after week that we survive.

17. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

I seriously cannot believe people who say "who would want the job"? Such a stupid thing to say. Plenty of managers out there that would either do short-term to end of season. A London club is a massive attraction and the fact that we were in the Prem only 2 seasons ago is also a bonus.

Hollow is finished. He was finished before he took the job. People need to realize that our club is going down the drain with him in charge. Take away the "caveman" attitude the stupid jokes and we are left with a s22t manager.
    I was told that he motivates and the players all want to play for him? Remember? Plenty on here have said that.
    Well sorry chaps but that is clearly not the case.
    His record is terrible, his tactics are shocking, team selections are a mystery at best and yesterdays result should prove to the most ardent Hollow fans that he is simply not good enough.
    FFS we must sack this muppet now. Seriously I would rather have Benny back.

Staines R's and bobmid like this.
  18. Bwood_Ranger

Who would want the job?

Simon Grayson?

19. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

Exactly my point. He’ll be in a top league club either here or in Europe pretty soon.

20. Bwood_Ranger

But we have a new stadium and training ground on the horizon.