1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Holgate and Firmino incident !

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by LuisDiazgamechanger, Jan 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

Closed by popular demand...

2. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

"Roberto Firmino and Mason Holgate have reportedly now both been interviewed by the FA following allegations of racial abuse during Liverpool's 2-1 FA Cup win over Everton this month."

3. DirtyFrank

DirtyFrank Well-Known Member

Rorschach likes this.
  4. DirtyFrank

Firmino statement:

As difficult as it has been to remain publicly silent, given the serious and damaging nature of what it was claimed I said during the game, I did so to demonstrate my respect for the process and to allow the issue to be investigated in the most thorough way.

"It is critical for football that tackling racism and all forms of discrimination is taken extremely seriously. As someone who has experienced racist abuse during my life, I know how damaging and hurtful it can be.

"Now the process is concluded, I would like to place on record, for the avoidance of any doubt, I did not say the word, or a variation of the word, that was claimed and subsequently reported in the media. I did not use any language that referenced race. I did not - and would never - reference a person’s skin colour or culture, by means of insult, during a dispute or an argument.

"There is no place for discrimination on a football pitch, or anywhere else in life for that matter.

"I am pleased after exhaustive reviews of all the evidence, in this specific incident, the matter is resolved."

5. moreinjuredthanowen

Thread now open

6. DirtyFrank

7. DirtyFrank

Not moving the "****y" one? lol

8. DirtyFrank

9. DirtyFrank

It literally reads we believed Holgate but after looking and looking and questioning we couldn't make it stick.

As opposed to the only one claiming this bollox was the **** accusing.

johnsonsbaby, Zanjinho, Bumps and 2 others like this.
  10. moreinjuredthanowen

Let's stick the the facts here

1. 12 people interviewed. None heard it.

2. No video seen or unseen shows it.

3. Other Everton players who jumped up and down saying he said x as in Rooney covering his mouth and telling Kenny did he actually hear it or shut up al couldn't testify they heard it.

4. Fa find holgate did right thing. And go further by being absolutely crystal it was not a false allegation. By what evidence they can be so categorical I'm not sure

5. Fa say insufficient evidence rather than presuming innocence shows you are guilty until proven innocent in an fa charge. Its clear the fa have assumed he said it and sought to find evidence to prove it but failed

6. Firmino statement means he was seriously waiting on this to get out in front.

johnsonsbaby, Zanjinho, Bumps and 2 others like this.

11. DirtyFrank

Lfc statement:

IMG_20180221_185058.jpg

Efc statement:
    IMG_20180221_185154.jpg

12. moreinjuredthanowen

Btw.. sky report.

No firmino statement so holgate being believed is headline so guilt is still being pushed by media

13. DirtyFrank

Of course.... because that's what the FA intended with this.

Wouldn't suit to have Firmino saying "I wouldn't throw racist insults because I've had racist insults thrown at me...you know because if you can't tell already; I'm not actually a blue eyed white man"

14. moreinjuredthanowen

To be very clear neither club mentions the other side whatsoever.

Nobody has resolved to be men and shake hands here which is a pity.

If holgate accepts he was mistaken or might have been mistaken and now his name is cleared totally then it's a shame.

The most important thing here is that the fa have tried to make it clear peopel should complain and be heard unlike that ref who booked balotelli for complaining of racialabuse in france.

The fact they took so long and so many laid into the guy for lying is an issue and the same issue exists on firminos side.

15. jaffaklopp

jaffaklopp Well-Known Member

Wait is Holgate not going to be punished?!?

Absolute fu<king joke of a decision.

16. jaffaklopp

jaffaklopp Well-Known Member

Not sufficient evidence implies guilt anyway.

I think everyone knows nothing was said, when you consider the ref was actually the closest person to the incident.

Bumps and DirtyFrank like this.
  17. moreinjuredthanowen

I must say.

In a criminal case the jury's job and judge is to have the null hypothesis that the person is not guilty. The alternative hypothesis is guilt and must be proven beyond reasonable doubt.

With the fa you have the judge, jury and prosecutor as one and the presumption is guilty and you must prove yourself innocent. What we see here in their statement is lawyer speak concerning being unable to prove innocence but not enough direct evidence to hand a sentence down. The fact they prefaced the decision on our player by absolutely backing the other player suggests they mixed politics and judicial duty in the statement.

Lesson. Lie down hold your head till the other guy is sent off if you get assulted or if pissed off at someone like evra just break their leg as you get less time.

18. moreinjuredthanowen

For what a yellow card offense thatthe ref was videoed blowing for before it kicked off.

Of course not. It was always politically problematical to do anything here

19. DirtyFrank

Ive absolutely no problem with the accusation being taken seriously and investigated by the FA. It's the fact it didn't take this long to get an interpreter or 2 and watch/listen to the evidence at hand.

And the wording of the conclusion should be impersonal and not go out of its way to say "we believe you!"

As with accusations of sexual assault there is a very big difference between taking an accusation seriously and be seen to investigate properly and openly and hinting continued doubt over the accused when there's no evidence to be found.

Too often the accusation is treated as evidence. .it is not...its an accusation. Be it unintentional or intentional...once the evidence can't be found the conclusion must be "no evidence it happened at all"

Not:

Because this guy claimed it, it must have happened we just can't prove it.

There is a worrying erosion of how we approach guilt and innocence going on at the moment purely to appease pressure groups. You want to do fair by everyone equally.... don't eord things so as not to upset pressure groups and **** over the accused

20. moreinjuredthanowen

It says to me they couldn't quite punish him anyway but assumed guilt.

They might as well have said could not prove innocence imo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.