1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Holgate and Firmino incident !

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by LuisDiazgamechanger, Jan 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DirtyFrank

DirtyFrank Well-Known Member

Weird.. .it literally works when I click it ...even in your reply.

I couldn't find it at first going the long way through mirror website. Maybe the stories been updated but that link to old version is still active for some reason?

2. DirtyFrank

DirtyFrank Well-Known Member

I mean it's clearly not right going on post match talk from each club. Just wondered who Maddock talked to to get it so wrong first time around....

moreinjuredthanowen likes this.
  3. moreinjuredthanowen

im on mobile so different layout?

all I can say is the YouTube angle of firmino is clear right up to the point lallana pulls him away. nothing is said that's not usual bull until his mouth is covered and then holgates jaw drops.

If he was reacting a second late then it's play acting but you can see firminos face mooving enough to know two more words were said.

Imo what may happen is he gets red card retrospective for reaction and holgate.gets nowt.

ref was going to book both imo til the report of race same in and he parked it with 4th official to allow fa to deal with it.

If there's nothing in it and misunderstanding ok but you'd have to feel bad that the first thought is a guy racially abuses.... which is why we need clarity.

firmino has lots of team mates of different races and young lads at lfc to be an example to. if its false and a misunderstanding then lets all learn from it.

If it's not false tell us what's said and get the thing righted.

We cannot defend rhian Brewster and then seek to brush something else away.

DirtyFrank likes this.
  4. jaffaklopp

jaffaklopp Well-Known Member

I really dont understand the whole incident. There is literally zero focus on the actual shove on Firmino

Salah's-left-foot likes this.
  5. wishiwasinliverpool

wishiwasinliverpool Well-Known Member

On first impressions it was a red card. I find it difficult to accept a racism claim when one ethnic minority has a go at another (such as Suarez-Evra) but I know it happens. The Croats are famous for it. It will be investigated and if Firmy is guilty he'll be sorted.

I know how horrible it is to be accused of it as it's happened to me. You have to get your facts right before throwing accusations about.

6. Zingy

Zingy #ziggywould

Has everyone forgotten the fact that Holgate intentionally shoved Firm into the board that could have caused as much harm as a dangerous tackle?

7. LuisDiazgamechanger

Holgate should be charged for violent conduct. Some player gets a straight red card for that.

8. Sauerkraut Inia

Sauerkraut Inia Well-Known Member

Completely agree, but would addd that those who have chosen to perpetuate the story with no evidence in a position of trust should also be up for the chop IF Firm is proved innocent.
    As i said last night the only word i thought i saw was loco. That said the only spanish word i know is loco lmao.
    Mr Shearer could have caused serious damage to a players rep here, IF Firm is innocent. Plus numerous ‘reporters’.

9. Zingy

Zingy #ziggywould

C27BCCC0-6AFF-4592-8CE7-ACA8C92DA481.jpeg

Here’s a picture just before Holgates sudden reaction to whatever Firm said. I don’t imagine Holgate’s Portuguese is any better than Madley’s so if any understanding of a racial word could have been heard by Holgate then Madley definitely would have...as Firmino is practically licking his ear.

Sauerkraut Inia likes this.
  10. terrifictraore

terrifictraore Well-Known Member

Yep needs sorting and the relevant punishments.
    If racism claim true then punishments are:
    Retrospective red for holgate,
    Whatever FA make up as they go along for Bobby

If racism claim untrue then punishments are:
    Retrospective red for holgate and public pillory for damaging the real fight against racism

Sauerkraut Inia likes this.

11. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

A retrospective red for Holgate?

<laugh>

For what? You colossal twat

thefanwithnoname likes this.
  12. LuisDiazgamechanger

Son of a bitch in Portuguese is "Filho da puta". Never heard Firmino saying it :lipsrsealed:.

13. Sauerkraut Inia

Personally i think the best way to solve this if nothing racial was said is for holgate to come out publicly and apologise for first shove and say he genuinely believed something racial was said which caused his further action.
    Firm should then in return apologise for losing his cool and his subsequent comment which was inflammatory
    Both should then share a public handshake at next available opportunity

Shearer should be sacked from his job as he needs to learn in his position his comments were totally unacceptable.

If something racial was said, holgate should be retrospectively punished for the shove, (that should probably happen anyway but they need to pour water on this situation).
    Firmino should be retrospectively banned.

14. terrifictraore

terrifictraore Well-Known Member

A bit more angry than usual this morning, can't imagine why that would be:emoticon-0116-evilg

The push was a red, it won't happen though.

15. Sauerkraut Inia

I would say for the dangerous play, if he had accidentally shoved him into the boards then fair enough but it was clearly a red mist moment when he shoved him. That is dangerous - have this problem on the five a sides i play in, getting shoved off pich in saturday league is totally diferent to getting shoved in the five a side enclosure up against boards.
    What i would say is maybe they should look to remove those boards if they are worried about the safety of the players.

16. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

Yeah dirty Croat batards!

17. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

<laugh>

What about the obvious incident that sparked the subsequent melee?

I’m guessing we’re going to gloss over that?

****ing lol

18. Jimmy Squarefoot

Jimmy Squarefoot Well-Known Member

We will have to wait and see what bobby had said. Hopefully, he wasn’t stupid and didn’t say anything racist.

Holgate was a snide little ****house when he pushed Bobby and it’s incredible how he escaped ANY criticism let alone a booking/red card.

Ah well, the little prick was on the losing side and gave away the penalty. :)

19. Sauerkraut Inia

Not sure on that sorry, was watching it while working (had a gig in Wigan, incidentally the pub was full of people supporting Everton, but they could have been utd fans but all the same there was a lot)

What happened ?
    Wouldnt gloss over it and if we have someone that caused it, they should probably apologise too.

Problem is this is getting out of hand - i actually think that whilst it was a nailed on red the ref tried to use common sensical approach and tried to calm everything down ( he did a uriah rennie from a few years back)

Chiefly because its easy in hindsight, we all say we want the refs to adhere to the rules but then castigate them when they card, give a pen etc for something that whilst against the rules seems stupid. Easiest example is taking shirt off celebrating a last minute world cup winning goal then getting your second yellow.

Then we all say they should have used a bit of common sense there,

From what i saw you guys were unlucky last night. On the plus side bolasie being back looks a massive boost, this new guy sounds like he has all the attributes needed too.

20. Sauerkraut Inia

Sorry were you meaning whatever firm has said and the squaring up, cause if it is that, defo if firm has said something he should be banned. If the squaring up i sort of understand that made situation worse but it more like handbags and i dont think we could ever irradicate that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.