1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Holden Relishing Season Run-In/ Bristol City v Reading.

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by wizered, Apr 18, 2019.

1. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

Ipswich - agree
    Wigan and Reading however have been hard to beat for a while - Wigan are beating Leeds as I type - with 10 men!

2. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

Absolutely shocking and gutless performance.
    Wrong starting set up and wrong subs.
    8 wins from 22 at home says it all.
    We have blown it now.

3. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

Wow RR bit over the top in it? <doh> You leave those LJ out banners under lock and key, I know what you're like!! :emoticon-0112-wonde

4. Red Robin

Pathetic display today manager and players both to blame.

5. AshtonRed

AshtonRed Well-Known Member

Playing with one upfront at home hasn’t worked, I do feel we should have been more adventurous today, we should be bossing teams more at home . We are still on the position where it’s in our hands , better we go for it and fail.
    At first after the international break I thought we’d decided to take this route, but today we went back to the mindset that hasn’t worked at home all season, so my message to Lee is give it a go , and stop being so negative at home.

Red Robin likes this.
  6. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

absolutely .. we don't have a premiership team .. not even close, so chuck em on and give them a whirl 30 mins each for the youngsters win losing or drawing 2 each game keep 1 sub back till nearer the end in case of injury

7. BCFCRob

BCFCRob Well-Known Member

Never marginal with you is it RR? <laugh> It's always 100% OMG WE'RE GOING UP or 100% OMG WE'VE BLOWN IT.

oneforthebristolcity likes this.
  8. AshtonRed

I often feel like RR in the emotion of the moment directly after games but usually don’t post until I’ve had the chance to calm down and be able to see the bigger picture. RR may well see things in extremes but I like his passion .

johngalleyfan2 and wizered like this.
  9. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

I'm the same, I used to shout loud, blast away on here and spent to much time attacking or defending other points of view or my own for days afterwards with fellow fans, I don't get involved anymore if I can help it.

I've said many times I enjoy RR's contribution and input, he has passion and states it, good on him, he is a real fan just like the rest of us.

10. AshtonRed

There’s going for it John and then there’s being Damn right irresponsible, I meant more by playing 2 upfront , not 1 , Fam is not suited to playing the lone striker role either, & is much more effective when he has partner to link up with. We seem to set up for the first hour to be solid and not give anything away, then for the last 30 mins bring on subs to try to win the game. Today cried out to attack from the off , as the longer we went without scoring the more tense the team and the crowd were going to become. Besides, there aren’t many games left we may as well be positive and take an attacking approach at home, especially when our home record is so poor with the negative approach we’ve been using to date.

11. AshtonRed

You’re obviously much more articulate than me, when I’m wound up after a game my posts would be even more nonsensical than they are when I’ve calmed down <laugh><laugh>

wizered likes this.
  12. Red Robin

A spade is a spade I say it as I see it

Been watching the reds for 40+ years sadly seen more bad times than good times.
    22 years consecutive season tickets holder and I want the best for my team.
    We have come a million miles on last season,but again they aren’t doing themselves any favours at present at home.
    So frustrating to watch, us fans can see the issues, but the management team don’t.
    Clearly Palmer should have come on, and we should have started two up top.

13. AshtonRed

I know it’s easy to criticise, but I thought the setup and subs were a bit off today, not one of Lee’s better days. I feel for Elliason , I don’t think he gets the number of starts he deserves. Shame about Smith , However i was pleased to see Walsh come on , I think he could become a big (pardon the pun) player for us in the future.

14. oneforthebristolcity

Last gasp goal +7 of added time by Norwich to earn point v Sheff Wed, Leeds losing to 10 men Wigan...None of it is just straight forward is it........Have to give Reading a bit of credit, fighting for survival after earning a point from Norwich and beating Brentford..
    I think no matter how the team was set up by LJ, anything other than a win today, he'd be criticised..Sometimes things work to the game plan sometimes they don't... Korey getting injured didn't help.

15. AshtonRed

Good points onefor , personally I’d rather we go for it , we are going to overachieve now so we’ve nothing to lose really, the other teams up there are expected to do well which adds pressure, let off the shackles and go for it.

Three of our four remaining games are away from home now anyway so if we can continue our good away form,!and Derby will come to Ashton Gate to attack, this will undoubtedly give us more of a chance as it’s the teams which sit back we have trouble braking down.

Red Robin likes this.
  16. oneforthebristolcity

I do think LJ is going for it mate but maybe in a strategic way....it might seem to us watching a bit negative but I think he takes into account the opposition..
    Had we gone for it as said yesterday and lost 3-0, it would have been said we should be tightening up......like I say, I think other than a win, LJ was always gonna be up for criticism..

Red Squid likes this.
  17. BCFCRob

BCFCRob Well-Known Member

I wasn't genuinely criticising RR guys calm down <laugh>. It was only in jest, even though we disagree all the time I think having RR on here is great, it would be worse without for sure!

Pretty sure I stayed away from here after the Villa game for that exact reason. I've seen some bad refs over the years but ****ing hell...

AshtonRed likes this.
  18. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

WE have a number of youngsters that are still based at AG "we are told they are potentially part of the wider picture to secure improve and have a team fit for purpose going forward" ……………2 each game keep 1 sub back till nearer the end in case of injury …. Mo Eisa, Semenyo, Holden? Adelakun +Nurse? and J Smith? all these players are capable of playing up front/ playing to the front man and probably missed one!
    they all show moments of magic … but in the back of their minds will be .." I cant miss my chance " and try to hard to allow their individuality get smothered .. you hear the commentators say " say things like that was just magic … or a little bit more experience / confidence would have allowed him to have beaten his man and took the shot etc etc etc …
    I have always tried to look at the bigger picture … DONT get to go to as many games now as I did in the mid 60's [ about 33+ ] - mid 90's [ 25+ ] a season … now like 16 or so …. a year!

and with all the loans out? hard to keep tabs … Teams do a lot to suss out the opposition … and plan their stratedgy on who they think will play where! We do seem to do well when we break from our "traditional" approach … even if it is just one new player starting or changing the starting line up formation .. mainly against the lowly we fail .. they expect us to field team A .. they get team A and park the bus /counter strike and hey ho what should be a "cert" 3 points is 1 or zero ………...

19. Loathsneyd

Loathsneyd Well-Known Member

Maybe it’s time you stop buying those season tickets then and go watch someone who guarantees you success. I say watch not support as clearly you are not a supporter

RedorDead likes this.
  20. AshtonRed

Pretty sure I stayed away from here after the Villa game for that exact reason. I've seen some bad refs over the years but ****ing hell...[/QUOTE]
    i was more making the point that he often sums up how I feel immediately after a game before the reasonable side of me has time to kick in.