1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

History could've been so different!

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by aerospacemango, Jul 4, 2011.

1. aerospacemango

I've just spent a couple of hours in the company of Paddy Kenny's cousin.

What an interesting conversation that was!

Firstly, I asked how Paddy was enjoying his time at QPR.... "He loves it. He feels like the crowd are behind him all the way....But he nearly never went there, you know?"

At this point, I almost choked on my tea...

"Well, this time last year, Leeds went in for him, cos they knew there was a buy-out clause. But, Leeds didn't offer the money. In fact, it would've been a pay-cut to go there, so he said no. Then Warnock came in for him, offered decent money, so Paddy was happy to go"

What would've happened if Papa Smurf (That's Bates, to me and you) had bothered to offer a decent wedge?

Now, for a bit more background.

Apparently, SUFC who "stood behind" Paddy, when he was banned, cut his wages by 50%, during this time. They'd also put him on the transfer market, the xmas before the ban. So it's not like they were really behind him at all. They may have recognised that the ban was harsh, and wanted to keep him for the transfer value, but he was on his way out anyway.

He still lives in Sheffield, and commutes to training as well! BUT....he loves the way that we've taken him as one of our own. He appreciates everything that we put into his matchday experience!

I tried not to be too effusive in my praise of Paddy, but it was quite difficult, after the season he's had.

Oh, and he's really looking forward to playing for us in the Prem next season too!

He's also pretty happy that SUFC went down, cos it vindicates his decision to leave.

Paddy Kenny's having a party!!!

2. Ninj

Ninj Well-Known Member

very glad he joined. Very good keep and an area where we had been lacking in recent years

3. Northolt-QPR

Northolt-QPR Active Member

"Well, this time last year, Leeds went in for him, cos they knew there was a buy-out clause. But, Leeds didn't offer the money. In fact, it would've been a pay-cut to go there, so he said no. Then Warnock came in for him, offered decent money, so Paddy was happy to go"
    ==========================
    Sounds familiar to us!

4. Shawswood

Shawswood Well-Known Member

That may be a tactic we've borrowed from Leeds, right enough.
    I reckon we could teach them a thing or two now, but nothing that would do them any favours.

5. Swords Hoopster

Swords Hoopster New Member

Aerospace, did you happen to ask him is it true he's the Irish PM's nephew? After all, he had to get all that ducking and diving from somewhere!

6. GoldhawkRoad

GoldhawkRoad Well-Known Member

Once the players return on Thursday (if we have any left by then), it's gonna be increasingly difficult for management to keep secrets in fortress Loftus. The players will want to know what the hell's going on and not all of them will be discreet (I hope)...

7. BrixtonR

BrixtonR Well-Known Member

Great post spaceman. If only the Goons would let Warnock bring similarly great players in and us fans make 'em feel at home in the way we could for Paddy.

Swords: Excellent, like it! You're on form today kid!