1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

hillcroft's departure

Discussion in 'Rochdale' started by Dale Surfer, Jun 1, 2011.

1. Dale Surfer

Dale Surfer New Member

so, we have lost the best ever managing duo the club has ever had....to barnsley, who ironically took steve parkin off us years ago...devastated isn't the word, spose it was always going to happen, just hoped they do at least one more season, considering how close to the play offs we got........
    any thoughts on a new manager????

2. DutchMaster

DutchMaster New Member

Hi, I spend a lot of time on Rochdale, and though not a supporter it's clear what he has brought to you. I enjoyed his words and ability to get the team to play. But I feel disappointed in him. Why Barnsley? Will Barnsley fulfill his dreams? Is it a stepping stone? I always expected him to stay in the North West with Preston/Burnley - Someone bigger than Barnsley.

3. Dale Surfer

Dale Surfer New Member

he/they certainly have a way of making players gel together.....why barnsley?..i don't know, all i can think is that they offered a considerable amount of money (at the end of the day, thats' what we all go to work for, isn't it?) i don't think barnsley will fulfill his dreams, but i think it is deffo a stepping stone.
    i read also that he is taking with him flicker (obviously), but other "backroom staff", don't know who that would be??
    anyway.....mark hughes has just become available....wouldn't that be nice?....lol

4. barnsley_boy

barnsley_boy Member

I love hearing people talk about Barnsley.... you'd think we were a Conference club!!! Haha.

I'm really pleased that we got Keith Hill as I like what I've heard and also how he himself comes across. He's a good,promising young manager and I'd much rather that than have someone that's managed at a similar if not higher level but lacks the hunger and desire. He certainnly won't have come to us for the money as we have one of the smallest budgets in the league. I just think we've come at a good time. By coming to us and not waiting to see whether or not another opportunity comes along,he's getting the chance to manage in the Championship and get a full pre-season under his belt to fully prepare for it.

I hope he does move on to bigger and better things in the future.... and with a bit of luck he might take us with him!!! :)

Good luck with the search for a new manager anyway 'n maybe you can still join us in the Championship in the not too distant future!

5. IanMarshallsmullet

IanMarshallsmullet New Member

Pleased you like how he 'comes across' because most people other than Rochdale fans dislike him because he is well and truly up his own a*** - he is very pretentious.

In my opinion Keith Hill lost it when he started talking about himself in the third person ie "Keith Hill has ambition" etc etc.

Sorry Barnsley fans but you will soon now what I mean.

6. barnsley_boy

barnsley_boy Member

I have also heard from a few more of your fans the points you make and I certainly hope he doesn't get above himself and turn out to be a twat!

When I said I like how he comes across I meant from a footballing point of view.... ie how he sees the job in hand and his views on how he likes the game to be played.