1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Hi City Fans

Discussion in 'Manchester City' started by Reverend Ramsey, Oct 31, 2011.

1. Ivor Biggun

Ivor Biggun Member

None.

I think the Glazers might be in some though.

While im here, is Hargo injured yet?

2. Father_Jack_Hackett

Father_Jack_Hackett New Member

Edited -

Duplicate post.

3. Father_Jack_Hackett

Father_Jack_Hackett New Member

As i said in an earlier post I agreed with the united fans that you did indeed earn the money but you cannot deny the money you have continued to receive from winning the PL and competing in the CL for many years has not helped you stay at the top almost guaranteeing a flow of cash the rest of the clubs outside the top 4 could only dream of, this has allowed you the luxury of living within your means, and i will say again look at the spending over the years do you honestly think you would have done so well if we had all been on a level playing field financially speaking?

4. District Line

District Line Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

<applause>

You can't seriously expect United fans to know anything about football though.

5. District Line

District Line Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

<applause>

6. Drogs

Drogs Well-Known Member

Last I heard (around June) you were still about 400 odd million in debt. This clearly goes against everything any United fans have said here.

7. MO

MO New Member

You tell us Keynes

8. Drogs

Drogs Well-Known Member

I did you berk <ok>

9. MO

MO New Member

LOL is this your economic standpoint and opinion........400 odd million quid, hahaha are you a writer for the sun?

10. MO

MO New Member

You know absolutely zero about economics, that is why you do not understand it........odd lol

11. tevezrightboot

Reverend Ramsey, please let me know how may of the team that played the last game in the Champions League and in your last League game came through from your youth team. My guess is not more that 3maybe not even 1. Afterall we all know Arsene dosesn't deal with English born players that come through the clubs academy.

12. Drogs

Drogs Well-Known Member

Ok £478m, I tried to be kind <ok>. Muppet.

Self righteous, glory hunting little swine. You even know any players pre-treble?

13. RipleysCat

RipleysCat Member

To be honest, it says more about the disparity in wealth that exists in football today than it does about us. In a sport where you get clubs earning more for appearing in one competition (not winning that competition, just appearing in it) than other premier league teams earn in TOTAL revenue, then how are clubs meant to be able to compete?

I'm under no illusion. Without our investment we wouldn't be where we currently are. But being brutally honest, football is a business and a multi-million pound one at that. As such, it's always going to attract the world's most wealthiest people, so I'm really at a loss why anyone would be surprised and/or critical of that.

But then the game has always attracted investment. And there are numerous clubs who have all benefited from it. Arsenal being one of them. Go right back to the days of a certain Henry Norris, who bought land and paid for Highbury to be built. If he did the same today, you'd be looking at a figure that is comparable to the amount that has been invested into City's team. We need only look at the cost of building The Emirates to understand that point.

14. Samurai

Samurai Active Member

Who gives a **** if they're english or not? That's always the argument with us, none of our players are English. There was this huge thread on old606 about it made by a clueless United fan. When I pointed out Wilshere and Walcott, he laughed and said "Barely any made by your academy" and then being an arsehole and quoting "Ferdinand" and "Rooney".

Besides, all players play for a different club before Arsenal, be it the local team where an arsenal scout chances upon them age 11, or a few low league clubs. No-one just walks into the Emirates, gets their cock out and says, "I'd like to make a home-grown player" and then tosses themself off into an Ex-Arsenal Player's daughter so as to maximise potential.

Let's look at players Developed at Arsenal (At Arsenal before 18) still here. This doesn't include the ****load that have been sold now.

Szczesny
    Oxocube
    Ramsey
    Song
    Wilshere
    Mannone
    Frimpong
    Gibbs

^^That's just the first team squad. All joined Arsenal before 18, all still here.

15. MO

MO New Member

Clown hahahahah My favorite player was remi moses you almighty bell end

You werent even wtching football back then you little queer ****

16. Mcfc72

Mcfc72 New Member

You should've copied your spiritual leader and followed Arsenal.
    You never did say what your location was.