1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours HHow is Lukaku worth A(had to be done)£75million

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by DferPolarBear, Jul 10, 2017.

1. armchairblue

armchairblue Well-Known Member

Come the end of the day if this site is any indication most chelsea fans are glad united have got him<laugh>

StanDMan and Blueman like this.
  2. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

Look if we bid 75m and you pay 75m plus 15m add ons, you're paying more than 75m. That's the only point I'm making. Its not difficult
    You got your man. There's no problem here. <laugh>

armchairblue likes this.
  3. Blueman

Personally I think he'll do well for you. Time will tell. <ok>

4. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

Totally agree so at least we are in agreement about the answer to the OP question. <ok>

5. Blueman

Yes. <ok>

6. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

The united fans will feel different if he converts last season's draws into wins. Even if they are just tap ins from 3 yards. They will feel the same if he doesn't. The jury is out.

7. Blueman

If he scores loads of goals and you win the league then the price won't even be mentioned. <ok>

8. StanDMan

StanDMan Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

none of us wanted Lukaku for more tham 60M pounds.
    Thank Agent Pee

But Lukaku when does an "Agent Pee", his fee will be mentioned 90Million times every day!!

Last edited: Jul 11, 2017
  9. StanDMan

Forum Moderator

For the record, wont be surprised if Roo outscores Rom this season. 90M+Rooney pound pressure on Lukaku!!

10. StanDMan

Forum Moderator

I will leave my dream job if i get paid s#!t load of pounds. Jose did that exactly!!

Last edited: Jul 11, 2017

11. King Shergar

King Shergar Well-Known Member

A player is worth what a club is prepared to pay for them, and in this instance 2 clubs offered the same fee. Chelsea matched our offer, in a desperate attempt to get him, which would have included similar add ons too. They aren't gonna offer less if our offer has already been accepted and the players just about to have a medical. Like Everton are gonna say let's accept this offer without the 15 million add ons <laugh>

You foolishly thought he wanted to join Chelsea, but this was probably long before he knew of our interest. If the same money is available at both clubs, then its an easy decision.

As it happens if you get Morata then both of us have signed a quality striker, and no one really loses out. Good luck though in dealing with Real Madrid, especially when they have a big interest in Hazard and Courtois.

12. chelsea - over 100 years of history

I don't think we will ever truly know the facts but it was reported that Chelsea would pay Everton the same as United but wouldn't match the fees of the agent. So United were paying more for the deal and not an issue of Everton taking less if he came to us.

It also appears that United had bid for him before us and Lukaku had his heart set on United before we matched the bid. A lot of posts above about how the 75million was somehow set by us which doesn't appear to be the case at all.

As it goes, I think he is a better fit for Jose's style and I'm not fussed he has gone to United (as long as we get a Costa replacement in). He is not world class for me (although he could be) and it's another case of United wildly over spending on a player like they did with Pogba last year.

Blueman likes this.
  13. Blueman

As I said before, I think he'll do well for you but he wouldn't suit us at all. Morata is unhappy at Madrid and wants to leave. Hazard and Courtois are both happy and want to sign new deals. Also, we're not a selling club, we don't have to. <ok>

14. Super_Chelsea_Blue_Boys

Super_Chelsea_Blue_Boys Well-Known Member

I'm sorry but I fail to believe Chelsea actually matched the bid. There was no official word from either party about it. I've never believed we were back in from him since the day we sold him.

If anyone can show me official proof Chelsea made a bid then I'll eat my hat.

15. chelsea - over 100 years of history

Didn't Lukaku state something to the effect that'd he'd already given his word or something? I took that as our late bid for him was too late.

I think the whole thing has been hugely blown out of proportion though just because of the Costa situation and our perceived lack of signings so far.

Bottom line is, there will be plenty of players you enquire or bid for that you wont get. United failed with Morata for instance. We'll have a replacement before the start of the season, even if it means meeting the buy out of Belotti or Aubanayang.

Blueman likes this.
  16. Gareth1808

Gareth1808 Well-Known Member

I read that Chelsea wanted Lukaku but Conte didn't, then I read our late bid for him was because Conte was frustrated at our lack of activity but then I read we didn't even bid at all.

Something is a lie somewhere, I just don't know which one. Either way it did seem like Conte disagreed with the club as to whether we should sign him or not so it's probably best he didn't end up here.

17. Blueman

It's definitely good that he didn't end up here mate, imo.

18. theevilreddevil

theevilreddevil Well-Known Member

How about a cheeky Muller bid after Bayern getting Rodriguez

19. Blueman

Who knows Einstein. Wasn't even aware we'd bid for Rodriguez.

20. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

I'm sure he would be ecstatic at the idea of going from a league winning side to a team that just finished 6th in the EPL.

StanDMan and Blueman like this.