1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Hes coming for you

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by As We Know, May 11, 2017.

1. As We Know

As We Know 1 of the top judges in Europe

Giggsy, Becks, Scholes, the Nevilles, Denis Irwin, Keane and Fergie himself will have bean embarrassed by that performance last night, Mourinho can say poets dont win titles all he wants, but it wasnt as if they were playing Real Madrid, they were playing a team full of teenagers and they set out with the intention to ruin the game from the start.

They taught Ajax a lesson, I wont deny that, but it wasnt a football lesson, its was a lesson in substance over style, in safety over freedom, one that I doubt Ajax will be interested in learning from.

As the historic and iconic club that Ajax is, like Celtic Glasgow, and up until now I thought like Man U, there is an expectation not only to win, but to do it playing entertaining and attacking football.

In 67, Celtic Glasgow liberated Europe from the type of defensive anti football that Mourinho has built his career on.

2. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Fair effort, C for trying <ok> :emoticon-0100-smile

3. King Shergar

King Shergar Well-Known Member

I'm sorry but no team with an average age of 20 would last in the PL. And no PL team would have a 17 year old playing centre back <laugh>

Getting to the final does not prove they are a top class side, as let's not forget the likes of Middlesbrough and Fulham made the final, and where relagated not to long after. Celtic and Rangers have made the final too and neither of them would survive in the PL, without massive investment.

The Dutch league is pretty much championship standard, and that's being generous. It's nothing against Dutch football, but there is just no money in the league, so they can't keep or attract top class players.

They literally offered nothing whatsoever, and where bullied all over the park. This sort of thing would happen to them every week in England. You can't survive in the PL if you've just got a team of kids, you need some experience.

Diego likes this.
  4. As We Know

The dutch league is on a different planet to the championship.

The championship is the most overrated league in the history of football, I have been begging Gordon Strachan to stop picking nobodies who are playing well in the Championship who wouldnt get anywhere near the Celtic squad.

I fully believe the scotland national team has suffered badly due to the over rating of the english championship, Aberdeen would give most championship teams a game.

5. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

This is what happens when someone looks at the stats alone and make a judgement on how the match went. A bit like astro the RS whose charts and figures and tables are so plain ridiculous and which could be manipulated to prove anything. Remember LVG used to see a match where we had 70% possession just passing the ball in front of the defence as us being utterly dominant. In that way he claimed we dominated all the teams at OT even though we fans fell asleep 90% of the time and the players too as they just passed the ball sideways.

Everyone could see yesterday that we totally were on top of Ajax even though they had most of the ball. Some complained that we should have played a more entertaining football because they were so young and poor.

JM exploited their weaknesses that is their relative smaller size and youth whilst countered their strengths I.e their passing and the speed of the front men. His job was to win. And those to say that Ajax was useless, etc and that JM should have just blasted them away with amazing attacking football I say the only reason these Ajax players were made to look so ineffective was JM wanting to win that match. Does he like the RS 's Kloppyflop go into the final only to lose? No one remembers losers. JM showed him how it's done and I bet those RS fans would have loved him to be a bit more like JM at the time.

Style and King Shergar like this.
  6. King Shergar

King Shergar Well-Known Member

Well it's hard to believe it when I see a 36 year old Dirk Kuyt scoring hatricks for the team at the top of the table, a team above Ajax <laugh>

We all know you Scots are closet Dutch men, the closest team other than England that actually qualify for the World Cup. But let's be realistic here, the Dutch league is not strong at all, they just don't have the finances to attract the top players. That Ajax team are a youth team, and any that develop into good players, will be off abroad at the earliest opportunity.

It's sad for them, as Ajax was once one of the biggest sides in Europe, but because of the division they play in they are never likely to become a European heavyweight again. It is not to dis similar the position Celtic are in now, you'll never get any better than you currently are as your in such a poor league.

7. As We Know

Same goes for English teams, they can never get any better than what they are because despite the money they cannot attract the elite players, if they happen to comes across an elite player, he soon moves to one of the elite teams, none of them play in england

8. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Baked bean or kidney bean?

9. DerekTheMole

DerekTheMole Well-Known Member

They're footballers so obviously runner beans.

10. theevilreddevil

theevilreddevil Well-Known Member

I love how the haters come up with **** to mock United, after making out they would batter us they lose. Then it turns into why you celebrating like you won the world cup you only beat a U21 team<laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh>

Style likes this.

11. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Fellaini's more of a jumping bean. Combined with an elbowing-people-on-the-way-down bean.