1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Her game too

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by old timer, Sep 29, 2021.

1. old timer

old timer Well-Known Member

Bristol Rovers Women fc chairman Adam Tutton and co founder / Club secretary Matthew Davies are the first ever recipients of the Her Game Too hero award for the contribution to the anti - sexism campaign that was launched in May 2021

The Gas Girls were the first club to donate the front sponsor of their away shirt to raise awareness of issues that female players and supporters face on social media and in person. The kit launch was recognised by national media outlets with profits from the shirt sales helping to fund free football sessions for young girls in the community, organised by Bristol Rovers Community Trust

Full article can be read on Bristol Rovers

Congratulations on your award Community Trust and the example you are showing to the community irrespective of colour or creed

2. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

The community trust is the best thing about the club right now.

old timer likes this.
  3. old timer

Anti HER GAME TO stickers were found to have been posted after last Saturdays match, The club have reaffirmed their support for her game to and are seeking the people responsible for the stickers being posted at the Memorial stadium

4. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

I don't think this was at our game. Rovers tweeted about it to show support (like other clubs did) to 'her game too' <ok>

5. old timer

The opening sentence of the club statement said

Following a positive result on the pitch last weekend, the club was saddened to seethe emergence of anti HER GAME TOO stickers around the stadium.

This was taken off an article on Bristol Rovers so I took it to mean it was at the Memorial Stadium. If I am wrong I apologise for misleading people but I still hope they catch whoever put them up and ban them from the stadium concerned

6. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

I've not seen this so you could be right.

7. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

This is what I seen. It was posted by several of the 'her game too' club ambassadors of different clubs on twitter. None of them said what ground they found them at.

8. MassiveAttack

MassiveAttack Well-Known Member

it's always nice to see a bit of totty at a match