1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Henri lansbury is on his way

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by yellowcanary, Jul 27, 2011.

1. yellowcanary

yellowcanary Member

I hope this is true as I am getting excited as henri is close to a permanent move with us, it said on twitter yesterday he posted a message it is time for a new chapter hmmm before deleting it

2. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

It's an awful long way from "It's time for a new chapter," to "I'm on my way to Norwich."

I would love to see him here, but, bearing in mind all the strengthening PL has done to the midfield, plus his continued statements saying the transfers are complete, I would be very surprised to see him here during this window!

But - never say never! IPLWT OTBC

3. I_Clean_holtys_boots

I_Clean_holtys_boots Active Member

Yeah I noticed that tweet yesterday. Last night it come up with lansbury set for permanant move to norwich, though theres not much evidence of this being true tbh...

4. canary_max

canary_max Well-Known Member

You never know but it's likely he'll be lining up against us this season

5. I_Clean_holtys_boots

6. Kenny Foggo on the Wing!!!

I'd love to see him here, I fear he may go elsewhere though. If he was to come here over others (Bolton?) I guess it would be a clear indication that somebody who has been in our camp but has an outside perspective is confident enough in us to stake his future on it. That can only be a good thing.

7. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

That's a very good point, KF. But these days most players are guided by their agents, so if the agent thinks a move to Bolton would be more beneficial to the, ahem, player, 9 times out of 10 that's where they go.

Frustrating for managers and fans alike, but sadly true of today's marketplace.

8. YellowLittle

YellowLittle Well-Known Member

I disagree, I think he is the sort of guy to go where he is most likely to play, and he knows that will be Norwich rather then Bolton. Surely that will be the only reason he would want to leave Arsenal is for game time, so makes sense.

I don't know whether it will come off, but I doubt Lambert will not attempt to take this oppotunity.

9. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

To be fair, he didn't start every game he was here last season, spending much time on the bench. With all the strengthening that has gone on subsequently, he'd surely be still further down the order if he came back ?

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see him back, but there's no way he'd be guaranteed game time.

10. YellowLittle

YellowLittle Well-Known Member

I would say more time then Bolton though, there will probably be a lot more rotation this season then last season also and probably suits to Premier League more in my opinion

11. Kenny Foggo on the Wing!!!

NOBODY is guaranteed a game at Norwich now and that is the way it should be.

12. Superman wears Grant Holt pyjamas in bed

as i learnt yesterday, not everything posted on twitter is going to be true! <doh>

lansbury is not coming here - lambert was questioned about further signings and gave an unequivocal NO to that particular prospect.

13. I_Clean_holtys_boots

I would be suprised if he ended up here but Twitter is intensifying with him soon to be a norwich player.

14. Beefforhire-NCFC

Beefforhire-NCFC Well-Known Member

I broke this a few days ago. Maybe I'm the one causing rumours.

My opinion stands that he is coming here. He's a player with massive potential and if lambert offers him an opportunity, he'd have some serious thinking to do.

Be interesting to see this develop, but as people have said, could be ****e

15. Carra_Rud

Carra_Rud Active Member

I'd prefer Pacheco if I'm honest.

16. Kenny Foggo on the Wing!!!

Really? Why is that?

I think we have enough strikers (although, admitedly, that could also be said about midfield.). As I said somewhere else, Pacheco is one for the future in my eyes. I am not sure he is up to the prem yet. With us last season, granted, he did well when called upon, but ultimately, he could not command much game time in that side and we have strengthed there since.

I would suggest that the best thing for Pacheco would be a full season at champ level then reassess. I'm afraid that in our position, signing a player for the long term future just to loan him out for the year is a luxury we cannot afford. Maybe next year should we survive (sorry, I mean WHEN we have survived) and know we can consolidate comfortably.

17. Superman wears Grant Holt pyjamas in bed

lansbury was spotted training with the remaining arsenal squad at colney today (not our colney) so he isn't having a medical today like people were saying. its made up.

18. Carra_Rud

Carra_Rud Active Member

In my opinion we lack someone to cover Wes at the tip of the diamond. Lambert keeps trying Chris Martin but it doesn't seem to work.

Lansbury did well there last season when needed. However, Pacheco, looked like a player that could comfortably play that role on a more regular basis. I was also impressed with Pacheco more than Lansbury.

Its immaterial in any case as I'm sure if Lambert wanted either player, he would of gone for them, and as Superman says, it looks highly unlikely we will sign anyone, let alone Pacheco or Lansbury.

19. ncfcwonky

ncfcwonky New Member

Pilkington and Bennett can apparently play at the tip of the diamond as well as on the wing. Also I recall that Lansbury, for the most part played on the right side of the diamond with Crofts moving to defensive midfield when Fox was taken off.

20. Carra_Rud

Carra_Rud Active Member

Lansbury predominantly played in central midfield. However, on a couple of occasions he played at the tip of the diamond.

As for Bennett and Pilkington - I see them as great signings but I think they were bought for when Lambert wants to play wingers. Has Bennett played at the tip of the diamond in pre-season?