1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Hello, anyone home????

Discussion in 'West Ham' started by Swords Hoopster., Sep 22, 2012.

1. Swords Hoopster.

Swords Hoopster. Well-Known Member

Cheers Alfie boy. I just want us to sign A striker. Any striker. I don't care who at this stage.

2. Swords Hoopster.

Alf, the boy Maiga scored on his debut for us on Saturday. It was only a tap in but he was in the right position to receive it to be fair.

What do you make of that lad?

3. Big Ern

Big Ern Lord, Master, Guru & Emperor

I'm not too surprised tbh, he isn't a lone striker and wasn't going to flourish playing that type of football. He can be a bit lazy at times, and his movement off-the ball and positioning can be a bit hit or miss but he should walk the championship.

4. Swords Hoopster.

Hopefully he'll do a job Alfred.

You lads look to be having a big of a renaissance recently. Four points from Chelsea away and Swans at home, plus two clean sheets. Its a far cry from shipping 5 at Forest and 6 at City. Just a pity Carroll was sent off. Disgraceful antics from that Swansea player. They should take the 3 game ban off Carroll and slap it on that cheating cu*t.

5. Big Ern

Our renaissance has been mainly caused by our first team coming back from injury, for a while we had no strikers fit, then once we had a couple of strikers our defence and wide midfielders all got injured, now they're all coming back I expect us to move up the table a bit to safety. I'm not too concerned with our league position atm, if we're still in the mire at the start of March I'll become a bit more uneasy, although it's not that helpful that those around us seem to be picking up points. As to Carroll, yeah, a very harsh decision, it 'should' be overturned, but I'm not 100% certain that it was accidental, what pisses me off more is the fact that FLores wasn't booked and us given a free-kick for the climbing and headlock that caused it, it was ablatant foul against AC, but I think he purposefully tried to sneakily hit Flores, but still agree that he should be banned as well. What I secretly hope is that one day a fan decides to take a player to court and sue them for cheating, hit one hard in the pocket and it would stop everywhere.

6. Swords Hoopster.

Hey Alfie Boy, what's the deal with this Morrison lad that's supposed to be coming to us? I hear he's refusing to train!!

You always said you'd pull clear of danger Alf, even when you was sat bottom of the pile. And here you are, a month later and you're top half of the table!

Its a funny old game innit ;)

7. trixter_whufc

trixter_whufc New Member

Alright Swords, I will add my thoughts if you don't mind.

If you can get him and get his head right, he will be the best player in the championship by a long way. Redknapp is probably the ideal manager for him. If anyone can sort him out, it's Harry.

Sadly, his temperament doesn't match his potential world class ability and he appears to be in serious danger of throwing his career away.

I think he has burnt his bridges with Allardyce and there appears to be no way back for him with us so a fresh start is probably for the best for everybody.

8. Swords Hoopster.

Trixter, he sounds like a grade A cu*t to be treating your Club that way. The people who pay his handsome wages. I'm not sure I want a punk like that to be honest mate. We've had enough of them the last couple of years, I really don't want another one. We'll have to wait and see what happens I guess.

Maiga scored a tap in on his debut but looked lost the other night and his touch was very poor. I hope he turns out better than he looks!

Congrats on your recent results mate. Get Carroll back in the team again and you could be looking at a top-half finish. Its been a tough season for you lads.

9. Big Ern

Morrison, I don't know tbh, I actually have a little sympathy with him as, atm, I've got a ****ed ankle, Dr's and MRI say nothing is wrong other than a little bit of scarring from previous injuries but it hurts like **** if I over use it, I can't run, play football, go dancing or anything that needs it to flex a lot, been having tests on it for a few years now, so it might be the same sort of thing If he does go to you and starts playing again he's gonna look like a ****, and are managers going to risk a punt on him with that attitude? Acting like the big shot won't make his team-mates like him, and no manager wants to hurt team harmony. His career is going to be: kicked out of Man U, nearly kicked out of Birmingham, getting kicked out of West Ham, and probably get kicked out of QPR when Harry has enough.
    As to the Hammers, yeah, I wasn't too worried a month ago, I knew most of our players were due back at the end of January, 10 from 12 is more than I'd hoped for though, another 3 points against Southampton wouldn't go amiss either.

10. trixter_whufc

trixter_whufc New Member

Swords. I know what you mean. But I don't suppose we will find out exactly what has gone on until he has left, and until then, it's all just rumour and hear say.

With the ability he has, we should be signing him up to a 5 year contract and building a team around him for our move to the new stadium. But if he really is as problematic as people are suggesting, you cant blame us for trying to get him out.

A couple of months ago, I doubt you would have found a single West Ham fan willing to sell him for less than £20M!

I suppose if his temperament was as good as his ability, he wouldn't be playing for the likes of us.

It's a terrible shame. He has a God given talent that the rest of us can only dream of and it appears he doesn't appreciate it. We shall see.

I don't know what to say about Maiga. He looked good in flashes for us but never really fitted our system as he really needs a strike partner. We tried him up top on his own and wide of a three but it just didn't work. I feel there is a good player in there somewhere though but it will take a manager to use him properly before we see what he can do. He gave us a great moment this season with his winner at spurs so he will always be fondly remembered for that!

Yeah things seem to be turning around for us a bit. I was never firmly in the Allardyce in or out camp. We were looking terrible but I think we all had a bit of sympathy for the amount of injuries he was having to cope with. Three more wins should be enough so it would take a disaster for us to go down now.

What's going on with yourselves? You remind me a little of us a few seasons back, where we had the best squad, most high profile manager but perhaps we had made too many changes too soon and our form stuttered all season. I think you will get second but if you can go up via the playoffs it's a lot more memorable!

11. Swords Hoopster.

Interesting posts there lads.

I suppose given the traditions of West Ham, Allardyce was never going to be accepted by all, no matter how well he does. The Puritans want their football on the floor and that's that. He was hunted out of the Newkie job on the same basis. He left them top-half but they got relegated after they kicked him out <doh>

Trixter, Redknapp had to make all the changes he did. The squad was rotten to the core and needed a complete overhaul. Unfortunately our striker's inability to kick the ball anywhere near the goal let alone score might end up costing us this year.

12. Swords Hoopster.

13. Swords Hoopster.

14. Big Ern

He is a good player, when he wants to be, that's his problem, his attitude, as every manager who has had him says. Don't know what to make of the other story, Morrison seemed fine until the Fulham interest, but it does show some of his tweets in a different light.

15. Swords Hoopster.

Alf, where in the hell did you dig that clown Maiga up from? He's bloody dreadful! One of the worst forwards I've ever seen play. Hasn't got a clue.

Morrisson, on the other hand, is quality. Yes he can drift out of games and play poorly but then he'll pop up with a match-winning assist or goal. I'd like to sign him next season but we'll have to see which division we're in before we can make a bid.

16. trixter_whufc

trixter_whufc New Member

@morrisonravel: very happy to win goal of the season for west ham thanks for everyone that voted for the goal
    Be back next season to Score more.
    #WHU

Looks like he wishes to remain a Hammer Swords.:emoticon-0103-cool:

17. Swords Hoopster.

Alf, your boy Trixter is making a bit of a tit of himself over on the QPR Board.

Any chance you could reel him in?

18. trixter_whufc

trixter_whufc New Member

I thought some of your posters claiming that QPR have turned him into a good player was the particular low point of that thread!

That and the sudden feeling that you dont want to sign him permanently (conveniently just after he pledged his future to the Hammers!)

You're a funny bunch over there.

19. Swords Hoopster.

Alf, Trixter, you boys in?

You guys negotiated your way up via the Playoffs a couple of years ago.

What way did you approach the final? Keep it tight and cagey or go all out?

20. trixter_whufc

trixter_whufc New Member

We got lucky really. Blackpool played well and had the better chances that day.

It is the most stressful, nervy game you will ever experience but there is no better way to go up.