1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic heads up

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by realred1952, Feb 2, 2021.

1. realred1952

realred1952 Well-Known Member

Just been on the phone to my anti - virus supplier … not covid!!! to check my subscription status … it is fine!
    However he did warn me [ off the back of a couple spam mails ] that there is a surge [ last week ] of [ at least 6 sources] of spam mails based around subscription renewals / upgrades. Some are fairly close to what your suppliers contact details may be!!!
    not trying to teach egg sucking but he said "log into your account if you are suspicious and get phone number to check if unsure!" I have been getting mails to renew Mcaffee /Norton . and one giving discount to "renew with us for introductory 65% off"
    SOME PEEPS I KNOW go to PC World / or get the anti virus offer usually the latest and costs less than half the renewal! uninstall old one ...install new one save £30 -40 ! … I renew automatically

2. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

I'm getting those emails too....I just junk them all.....Never been a fan of those anti virus companies....Usually pre-installed on new comps.....first thing I do is get rid!!
    I only like Kaspersky......the rest tend to lag......So I know any emails from Mcafee & Norton I get are spam..DELETE !!!

3. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

Me too. I started getting those before Christmas and now I'm getting about 5 per day.
    As quick as I mark one as 'junk', another pops up - it's like playing 'Whack-a-mole'!!!
    There used to be a service by Lycos which allowed you to 'spam the spammer', but it was banned. Shame - there are a few I'd love to do that to!!!

4. realred1952

realred1952 Well-Known Member

mine lasted about 3 days touch wood … !