1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

He Speaks...

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by Scowey, Jan 23, 2019.

1. Scowey

Scowey Well-Known Member

Didn't you eventually blurt out to everyone on here that it was a pissed up Milne who told you your other 'top secret' info? :emoticon-0102-bigsm

Not that I have any reason to doubt you.. But to use that example as proof is a little bit of stretch

2. Westlake33

Westlake33 Well-Known Member

Haha not just him but all kinds of people have passed on a hell of a lot more than they should. Some are still connected - but due to Milne leaving MEH ......... not my issue. Will not reveal people at a time which could hurt them though in any way shape or form, not right.

3. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

YorkieLancsHampyLondoner Well-Known Member

Westy no doubt you have your sources but still just bear in mind that what people say might not be what happened. Even if they are not bragging or bullshitting, which people have tendency to do, you can ask 50 people who witnessed something and all 50 will have a different interpretation of what happened.

Just this lunchtime someone has interpreted that somebody said something that was not very nice when it was entirely reasonable, and reported to me that somebody used words that I know they did not use, because I was there at the time.

4. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

10 years is a long time. Possibly. Momentum is a funny thing. It's not inconceivable that some things could click into place, unearth a few gems that we don't sell on, results start to come, everything becomes a lot easier then.

However that is not the same as having a strategy, goals and actionable steps that will get us to where we want to be. And we probably will sell on any genuine talent to balance the books just as we have done with Walters, Wickham, Cresswell, Mings, Murphy, Waghorn. So I very much doubt it.

5. Westlake33

Oh I get that but when you've seen paperwork that you shouldn't on close to the clubs smartphone that really shouldn't have images of various paperwork it's a little bit hard to dispute what I'm told. Person ended up biting at a SW meet when they told us this, people rolling eyes not believing until they lost the plot and showed information on a projector. Clearly that shouldn't have happened.

6. Nuggets

Nuggets Well-Known Member

That annoys me - genuinely, where is the professionalism from some employees involved in our club? And people, like myself, wonder how and why stuff gets leaked so frequently from this club over the last year.

Westlake33 likes this.
  7. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

I think you answered your own question there Nuggets. It always comes from the example set at the top.

Still, this version of events simply isn’t credible.

8. Westlake33

Absolute disgrace - bit of ribbing etc and you get someone to lose the plot. Just unreal. There's leaks galore at the club, I shouldn't know half the things I've found out the past few years unfortunately!

9. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

Absolutely and particularly at the beginning of this season. There is no way we can succeed on the pitch with a culture like this at the club.

10. Westlake33

Look your welcome to take agenda with anything I say and what have you - all I would say.......... is get yourself along to some of the evening the South West Supporters club have with different people they meet / the information that gets shared and the links various of us have with the inside of the club due to this.

Of course, you can think what you want - that's fine, you've not seen the things I have or had the conversations I've had. That's not a pop at you by the way, that's just how it is really interms of I've been present and you haven't.

11. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

Westy, the point is I don’t need to see or hear these things.

I have three of my own contacts inside the club, by the way. Two very close ones. Neither of them would tell me or my family members in Suffolk anything more than their opinion on things and nor would I want them to.

The South West Supporters Club sounds like a bit of a cesspit.

12. Westlake33

Well, seeing as we're doing an article on here about Evans, I thought I would share some information with you all - things I know as absolute concrete because I have seen with my own eyes. Irreespective of what you wish to hear or see - I think other people who have a certain opinion may be interested in the kind of shambles at how this club is run and the information is seeping out at the sides.

As interesting as Salad Cream and Ketchup is regarding your ' sources ' - I mean if you had any form of connections with the club, you would for a fact know what a hell hole Hurst made the inside and some of the ridiculous lengths he went to / the absolute ineptness of his tenure at the club but there we go - You like Hurst yet have two contacts at the club. This isn't a game of Alan Partridge with the cow sketch about how many friends he has and Alan trumping the farmer haha but there we go.

Just because Salad Cream and Ketchup wouldn't tell you anything more than their opinion, doesn't mean other people at times don't let a bucket tonne of information out that they should not.

13. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

Westy, the contact that I spoke to about Paul Hurst had nothing but good things to say about him. Particularly about his work on the youth side. The other is an ex pro who never has a bad word to say about anybody and very much backs every manager who comes in - he is never going to get involved in bitching, backstabbing or gossip.

We are all interested, your insights are interesting and particularly give a good insight into the kind of characters we have at the club, clearly some bad ones. But as with all gossip I would take it all with a pinch of salt.

It's come out this week that Thatcher was negotiating with the IRA. As Oasis once said, Don't Believe The Truth.

14. Westlake33

I would go along with the gossip part Hampy - no issue there - but when I read something in black and white / other people do on an overhead projector information that we should not be shown, that to me is not gossip. If you'd seen it first hand maybe you'd feel differently.

Is Doig your contact haha ?! Would explain a few things.

15. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

Let's just humour the possibility for a moment. It means Marcus Evans who has £800m at his disposal is going to let a fraudulent audit and a breach of contract take place without a legal challenge when he has documentary evidence that it occurred. He is going to let several million pounds just go down the drain and jeopardise the future of his £80m or £90m - odd investment in the club.

What you're saying is that there is irrefutable documentary evidence that fraud has taken place and yet an almost-billionaire with all that at stake is going to do nothing at all about it.

Or, as stretchy speculates, requirements were changed, compensation was paid and not made public but that fraud did not occur.

16. Westlake33

Just leave it at that my end it's all I can do with a forum is share information but will leave this debate to the rest of you.

17. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

I wonder why nobody went to the police after that meeting? It's what I would have done.

18. Spanish

Spanish Well-Known Member

Well.....my dick is bigger than both yours, actually my dick also has 4 contacts at Portman Road......so take that <nahnah>

19. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

I’ve heard your dick has had a lot more action at Portman Road than that Spanish.

20. Bigalreigned

Bigalreigned Well-Known Member

Interesting article in The Times yesterday about Mike Ashley’s time owning Newcastle with a lot of parallels to our own situation (apart from them enjoying some success!).

In the 11 years since he took over their commercial revenue has only increased by £600,000!At a time when most other Clubs have increased by a significantly higher factor eg Spurs up from £38million to £103million.

The article ends with reference to a fans’ banner at St James’ Park stating “We don’t demand a team that wins.We demand a Club that tries”

Amen to that.