1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Harvey Barnes - what do you think?

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by leicester_ed, Mar 30, 2019.

1. HarboroughFox

HarboroughFox Well-Known Member

I thought Gray was outstanding for us yesterday. Barnes had an off day, but was good in flashes.

2. Proud Fox

Proud Fox Well-Known Member

Quick question. Did you go to the game?

Again you getting delusions I have a problem with you. You really need to take this less serious and personal

3. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Pot calling the kettle black there.

Go and argue with @HarboroughFox how he is wrong and you are right as I am done with this.

4. JohnTheFox

JohnTheFox Well-Known Member

I have no issue with Barnes, he gets into the positions and the goals will come. He played a great one two which lead to him putting a ball across the box yesterday and it seems the intelligence is there which is where Gray has sometimes lacked. Gray gets more pressure as he’s been around longer but the whole team has been dross for the large part for a while and he’s never been consistently started. The important thing atm is that the team are looking good going forwards, scoring and winning so even if it’s not represented in the stats they are playing their part. I guess the best way to say what I mean here is that the stats don’t show the assister of the assister if that makes sense but that player did just as much....

5. Proud Fox

Im at a complete loss as to what your problem is. Your the only person having a pop at Barnes here

Its a football forum mate. We talk about things. If you have a problem talking about football then dont bother joining a forum. Simples

And you didnt answer my question

6. HarboroughFox

HarboroughFox Well-Known Member

Just for the record, I find Gray very frustrating at times and I think he thinks he is better than he is. I prefer him as an impact sub.
    Barnes is having a deserved run in the side and think he will improve quicker than Gray has. He gets himself in to some great positions and will be capable of scoring a dozen goals a season.

I would keep them both.

Proud Fox likes this.
  7. nzfoxfan

nzfoxfan Well-Known Member

Loving the way the team has played the last few games and both Gray and Barnes have played their part in that. Although not the original question but if I had to choose I think Barnes has more potential than Gray and would go with him. He has been terrific. Would now like to see Choudhry coming on instead of Mendy to see out games.

LeicesterWizard likes this.
  8. Proud Fox

Gray just hasnt progressed as we expected. He still makes the same bad choices on the pitch, his goal and assists tally isnt good enough

I agree that until he improves he should be nothing more then an impact sub

Ranieri and Shakey didnt trust him enough to start and Puel’s faith in him was hardly rewarded

If Gray doesnt step up under Brendan then we should look to sell him

Barnes is very intelligent with his movement. He will become a force soon

9. LeicesterWizard

LeicesterWizard Well-Known Member

Both are starting, we are winning, so can't see too much wrong.

I'd agree with those that say we've given Gray enough time to establish himself, if Barnes is at the level Gray is in 2 years time, i'd expect him to be replaced as well.

I feel Grays only getting in because we don't have anything better on the RW, will be interesting to see if BR will give the nod to Albrighton once hes back given that he sees Vardy as the main man and Albrighton is the best option to support him.

Foxy in Foyle and Proud Fox like this.
  10. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

I so enjoy our conversations <laugh>

Don't worry, I'll be around for a while <cheers>

Last edited: Apr 2, 2019