1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Hartlepool Bye Election

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by cumbrianmackem, May 7, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. master-simpson

master-simpson Well-Known Member

Name calling like that and wishing someone serious misfortune, means that you’ve lost the argument.

Bart

2. The Norton Cat

The Norton Cat Well-Known Member

Interesting. My personal experience is exactly the opposite. I am as comfortable in the company of peers of the realm as I am in that of manual labourers. In fact, it is people from what would traditionally be considered the upper classes that I have found to be the kindest, most caring, most accepting, most charitable, and most open-minded.

Makemstine Roger and rooch 3 like this.
  3. The Norton Cat

The Norton Cat Well-Known Member

Agree with this bit. In that pretence, he has done some good though.

master-simpson likes this.
  4. Ozzymac

Ozzymac Well-Known Member

I think it comes down to the individual person.

Some from what would have been previously considered lower classes are the true salt of the earth and would give their last penny to make someone elses life easier. Others are born with an "it's not fair" chip on their shoulders.

In contrast some of those from what would have been considered upper class expect to be treated as if they are gods gift, others appreciate the honesty and simple acceptance that they don't receive form their sycophants.

Much as with politicians. All political parties the world over have those that are in it for themselves and those who genuinely want to make a difference. Then unfortunately there are those who enter politics wanting to make a difference but are swayed by the possibilities/trapping that accompany the job and lose their truthfulness to themselves.

To tar all of one/any political party with the same brush is pretty narrow minded in my opinion.

5. DH4

DH4 Well-Known Member

View attachment 187677
    Like when you called me a fanny and a dick. Imbecile

6. master-simpson

master-simpson Well-Known Member

The problem is that there’s some on here (who have eventually resorted to unnecessary name-calling) would slag off the Tories even when they are doing a good job. There are also folk who would vote Labour if there was a Monkey at the healm, my sisters included.

That is also the view of Labour politicians (and the SNP for that matter), and people like me (an ex Labour Party member & canvasser) are no longer prepared to go along with the Left Wing and accept it.

That is why Labour has been trounced in Hartlepool. But those mentioned still don’t see the bigger picture and continue to air pure BILE, and no sensible alternative.

And I will still defend my views of Food Banks. They are not the answer, and a significant % of those who use them are simply abusing the system and taking advantage of the welfare state. Like I say, the next time there is a Food Bank on the news or a documentary, check out the clientele.

Finally and this is my last word on this thread. Let’s hope Labour can sort itself out, coz if it does the country will be a better place.

Bart

7. Gordon Armstrong

Gordon Armstrong Just another S.A.F.C. fan
    Forum Moderator

This is my (our) last word, too, 'cos this has just turned into a slanging match, so it's now closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.