1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Harry Redknapp: QPR can't sack me NOW

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by kiwiqpr, Jan 18, 2015.

1. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

Harry Redknapp: QPR can't sack me NOW.. who would Sky Sports talk to on transfer deadline day?
    The Hoops are second-bottom after losing at home to Manchester United but their manager makes light of the possibility he is on the brink of getting the axe

• the 67-year-old after Saturday's 2-0 loss to Manchester United.
      QPR chairman Tony Fernandes, who has been abroad since his airline’s disaster in the Far East, will hold further talks with Redknapp this week.
      Former Spurs boss Tim Sherwood is waiting in the wings to take over. But Redknapp says he has been given assurances that his job is not in danger.
      With his Hoops second-bottom on 19 points, Redknapp said: “It is up to Tony what he does. I am not going to lose any sleep over it. I am not a 34-year-old manager trying to make my way in the game; I have been around a long time.

• “I love what I do, I want to continue doing it. I work hard at my job. If Tony decides to make a change, that is up to him. He has not said anything to me. I have spoken to him five or six times.
      “I spoke to him [after reports appeared he could be sacked] and he said, ‘What a load of rubbish!’
      “It must be very difficult for him. It is difficult to drive him mad with football at the moment because he has far more important things happening than football. He does not spend all that much time anyway.
      “I have never had it before - nobody ever mentioned me getting the sack at Tottenham.

2. Ranger

Ranger Active Member

Oops - that was a bit of an oversight. Did they just lock him out?

3. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

maybe he dosent know yet
    would explain his confusing selections

4. Ranger

Ranger Active Member

...... And why he is still picking Spurs players....

this week will probably make it all clear. I think he won't be going anywhere. Would have gone by now if he was.

5. KooPeeArr

KooPeeArr Well-Known Member

Redknapp: QPR can't sack me now.

How about now?

6. KooPeeArr

KooPeeArr Well-Known Member

7. Stroller

Stroller Well-Known Member

Get rid NOW.

8. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

Harry Redknapp claims he will not be sacked as QPR manager and that he has got the best out of team
    The Rangers boss says 'I am not an old man' and that he has had a personal vote of confidence from Loftus Road chairman Tony Fernandes

please log in to view this image

Going nowhere: Harry Redknapp says that he is not getting the sack at QPR Photo: PA

By Jeremy Wilson
    10:30PM GMT 18 Jan 2015
    Comment
    Harry Redknapp has suggested that he would seek another job in management if he was sacked by QPR but says he has been personally reassured by chairman Tony Fernandes that the club are not planning a change.
    With QPR second from bottom of the Premier League, Redknapp’s position is under serious scrutiny and it is understood that the club’s hierarchy are considering the situation. Although Fernandes has apparently told Redknapp that it was “rubbish” to suggest that he was close to the sack, he is one of a four‑man board and was outvoted when it was decided to dispense with Mark Hughes two years ago.
    Redknapp is adamant that, at 67, he retains his hunger and wants to keep working. “I don’t feel like an old man,” he said. “I haven’t got an old man’s brain. I have got a sharp mind and enjoy doing what I do. I got the maximum out of my team again. I can’t do any more than that. The mood in the dressing room is excellent.”
    Fernandes is also the chief executive of AirAsia and, after the loss last month of flight QZ 8501, it is understandable that his recent focus has not been QPR. But Redknapp did speak with him on Friday. “It is difficult to drive him mad with football because he has far more important things happening,” said Redknapp.
    “The story in the paper the other day [saying he was going to get the sack] referred to an ‘insider’. Who’s the ‘insider’ who said I am going to get the sack? It is a load of -------- really. I spoke to Tony and he said: ‘What a load of rubbish.’”

Asked if he still expected to be manager by the time the transfer window shuts, Redknapp said with a smile: “Who will Sky have to interview through a car window if I am not here?”

9. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

Harry Redknapp shows defiance at prospect of departing from QPR
    • QPR manager replies with quip over rumours of leaving
    • Redknapp feels no pressure from club’s board
    • QPR v Manchester United match report

Harry Redknapp does not fear losing his job as manager at QPR, feeling no pressure from the board. Photograph: Shaun Boggust/Colorsport/Corbis
    Amy Lawrence at Loftus Road
    Sunday 18 January 2015 22.29 GMT
    Shares
    Comments

Harry Redknapp reacted to questions about his rumoured departure from QPR with a flash of gallows humour. “Who will Sky have to interview through a car window if I am not here on transfer deadline day?” he quipped, when the notion of how much time he would be given to turn results around hung in the chilly evening air.
    The QPR manager described suggestions he is on the verge of the sack as “a load of old bollocks”, adding that he doesn’t feel the pressure from board level. “I am not going to lose any sleep over it. I am not a 34-year-old manager trying to make my way in the game; I have been around a long time. I love what I do, I want to continue doing it, I work hard at my job.” He added that were the worst to happen, and Tony Fernandes and the rest of the QPR board decide to make a change on the back of five games without a win, he won’t give up on this vocation.
    “I am not an old man. I don’t feel like and old man. I haven’t got an old man’s brain. I have got a sharp mind and enjoy doing what I do. I don’t fear the sack but I take results home with me. And when I don’t win... I am no use to anybody because I get low. The day I don’t care, I will say, ‘Okay, I am not skint. I don’t have to go to work’. And I will go and play golf every day. But I care.”
    QPR are 19th in the Premier League and visit Stoke City next, having lost every away game this season.

10. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

HOPEFULLY WE WILL LOAN SOMEONE WHO IS FIT ENOUGH TO TALK ABOUT ON WINDOW DAY

11. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

Redknapp is being so ****ing cocky about all this. He knows he's been a big player and will simply never accept that he is on the wain or that anyone else could be right and him wrong! Aagh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

He's been told to 'show he cares', but he can't help throwing in the 'I don't need this' line. What a twat.

Here's the thing Harry. You do look like an old man, despite the weird thatch. Actually you look like a tired, ill and depressed old man. You may not have an old man's brain, because there isn't much evidence of you having a brain at all. A 'sharp mind' wouldn't still be using tactics from the 1960's, assembling poorly balanced and aging squads, and churning out pathetic excuses and paranoia.

13. daverangers

daverangers Well-Known Member

Exactly the problem, we need someone who does needs success, and is willing to give his all to get it.