1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Harry now has a chance to be an example to Moddy and Bale!

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by Hoddle is a god, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

but he hasnt counted himself out either which to me suggests that he wants to join at the end of the season

2. What I'm reading suggests to me that Harry really hasn't made his mind up. If he is offered the England job, he'll only have the one chance to accept it, so he'll want to make sure that if he turns it down, it's the best decision for him. He'd be silly to rule himself out of anything, at the moment.

Having said that, I'm 75% sure he'll take the job, if it's offered to him, and I'm sure that it would be with great regret at leaving Spurs, which must be his dream club job.

3. notsosmartspur

notsosmartspur Well-Known Member

I only found out the other day, he was scouted by and started at Spurs. Bollox to the Hammer malarky, once a Spur always a Spur (I'll be letting that flange Zola have some of that next time he puts his ugly boatrace in ere!) He was overwhelmed by the fans at the Wigan game, and I suspect this saturday could top that. If at the end of the season we've succeeded beyond all expectation, I don't think he'll walk away from us, he'll know if he goes, the team will disband putting the club back to square one, I'm sure he won't want that. I think deep down he knows he isn't the long term solution, the FA have hinted considering that as one of their options which he clearly doesn't fit. Also Harry is a workaholic he'll get bored, he's admitted as much recently even during his health scare, there's not enough hands on from day to day in the England job. Dunno, the only thing nagging me is him not just ruling himself out....but I haven't ruled that out either yet!...its a funny ol game! :)

4. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

One theory doing the rounds is he'll take the England job for the Euros, before returning to Spurs after the tournament.

5. notsosmartspur

Contradicting reports from himself, that he doesn't think 2 jobs Hiddink style is a good idea at all, it wouldn't be fair on Tottenham to have his thoughts elsewhere. I think he will be now be aware of the gravity of his decision, its not just about his own thing anymore. Its a club defining decision, and I think he knows he's the only one who can keep Modric, and he won't be the only senior player quietly asking his intention. A result and a performance on saturday will speak volumes, so we'll see.

If Harry leaves, I can only think of a handful of managers that would have any chance of keeping our nucleus together, I really do think its that serious.
    :(

6. notsosmartspur

Most papers are using the same quotes today, so it looks like my previous post is a bit heart before head. :(