1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Harry Maguire 'arrested' on Greek island

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by originallambrettaman, Aug 21, 2020.

1. Godrevy Buoy

Godrevy Buoy Well-Known Member

I find this account very reasonable and probably accurate. However I suspect that alcohol consumption also took place, probably in large amounts. I find this often clouds people’s judgement. I also accept that this may be judgemental towards footballers lots of whom never take a drink.

brownbagtiger likes this.
  2. BlackAndAmberGambler

BlackAndAmberGambler Well-Known Member

**** me, who's upset Ernest?

rovertiger and Ric Glasgow like this.
  3. Plum

Plum Well-Known Member

Seems Harry's a bit pissed off with his defence team, he didn't think anybody could defend worse then he could. :bandit:

4. The B&S Fanclub

The B&S Fanclub Well-Known Member

Was he out on the town with Ronnie Pickering?

Plum likes this.
  5. charon-the-ferryman

charon-the-ferryman Well-Known Member

'Arry got all his training to act like a nob from watching Ehab

6. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

He's retained the Man United captaincy for next season.

newlandcasual and brownbagtiger like this.
  7. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

John Ex Aberdeen now E.R. Well-Known Member

What has happened is more or less what I expected. Many years ago I was stopped in Greece by the police for an alleged speeding misdemeanour. Basically they were after money, and I wasn't speeding but they said I was. As it happened travelling to Africa a lot, I always kept $20 in my passport, so they asked for my passport and when I got to back the $20 had gone and I was told to move on, just watch my speed.

I am sure Harry would never say what was alleged, and that is why the Police were pissed off with him because he DIDN'T offer to pay them something, and this is their way of getting back at him. I guarantee that is what will have happened.

8. Phinius T Bookbinder

Phinius T Bookbinder Well-Known Member

Whatever happened I’m not buying the “ Do you know who I am”.. so cliched.

dennisboothstash likes this.
  9. newlandcasual

newlandcasual Well-Known Member

Watching his interview i believe him, think Greek ob have gone ott and not for the first time, kind of like most ob it seems except in the uk were perversely were to soft, most countries don#t get the correct middle ground.

10. TwoWrights

TwoWrights Well-Known Member

The OB here weren't too soft in the 70's and 80's if you were a football fan. West and South Yorkshire's finest, aka ****s.

The views expressed etc.

rovertiger and spesupersydera like this.

11. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

12. Phinius T Bookbinder

Phinius T Bookbinder Well-Known Member

I thought that the accusations just didn’t make sense. Grey areas on both sides but why would you start smashing known policemen all over the place when you are high profile footballer. We don’t know both sides yet but the press nail you straight away and the Hair knitting , guillotine crowd jump on .

13. Tickton Tiger.

Tickton Tiger. Well-Known Member

Too right, ( see what I did there), 3 months borstal if you stepped out of line on the terracing at City in the 70's. Remember one lad getting fined for wearing Doc Martins, judge said they were unsuitable footwear for the flat streets of Hull. Humbs finest have never been slow in cashing in on the football hooligan myth to top up their holiday funds and do everything to keep that myth alive and kicking even in todays snowflake society.
    Good examples are the sentence's handed out for the Walton Street car park ambush when the local lads hauled in should have received commendations, not jail. The 'ambushers' never received the early morning call.
    Then the Millwall incident, no-one arrested, that was left until they had all left town and the attention was turned on City fans drinking outside Spread Eagle instead, an hour after the game.
    Never felt at ease with West and South Yorks OB either, even now at my age but Humbs finest are not too far behind when it comes to dealing with City fans.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2020
    TwoWrights likes this.
  14. Godrevy Buoy

Godrevy Buoy Well-Known Member

Might be interesting for Harry to show pictures of the bruises from the terrible beating he had from the police. Also he might want to quantify exactly how many drinks he had that day up to that point. His mini bus twenty minutes late, maybe the driver didn’t know who he was. I personally found his responses a little bit unbelievable. He would be better off eating at Pizza Express.