1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Harris In.

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by Hilts24, Nov 26, 2020.

1. Hilts24

Hilts24 Well-Known Member

Still deserves time.

The squad needs major rebuilding.

He will keep us up probably mid table.

The alternatives are Lee Johnson , Gary Monk , Mike Flynn.

Please lets stop asking for Eddie Howe weve as much chance of getting Poch.

We will stay up.

2. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Really?

This major squad rebuilding is surely a myth - I thought everyone has been saying we have a hugely talented squad.

Keep us up????? Is that all you want?

There are other alternatives - Paul Cook for one.

The lack of ambition at the club from the top down will mean that Eddie Howe would be a huge long shot anyway.

Staying up? The height of ambition with over two thirds of the season still to play.

3. Hilts24

Yes.

I just want to stay up. The squad isnt good enough.

We need to attempt to get rid of players not good enough on good comtracts asap if we can.

Major rebuild needed with no money.

Let Harris get on with it.

4. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

I agree the squad isn't good enough despite the laughable assessments of the media - but then again, neither is Harris.

Harris is probably the right man to keep us up with what we've got because there's no guarantee that anyone could do any better, but..............

Isn't it worthwhile to admit past errors and start afresh now rather than fumble around in the lower reaches under this regime?

5. DaiJones

DaiJones Well-Known Member

Staying up is not good enough, anything less than last seasons 5th is a disaster.

6. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

Harris clearly lacks motivational skills and his deficiency in tactical nous means we are in for a bottom half dogfight in the New Year.

Yes, Howe is a pipedream but maybe we should try shopping at Tesco not Home Bargains?

Oldsparkey and clingo like this.
  7. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Given the time Harris and this "quality" squad have been together, and then add in Moore, Wilson and Ojo, the current end product is pathetic.

There should be no more than half a dozen teams in this division including the sides that came down that should give us problems. As it is, we struggle against virtually allcomers.

We lack the basics like passing the ball to one another, and having workable game plans that can be changed during matches to the extent that we're losing or dropping points at an alarming rate to sides we should outplay. Our position in the league table is not false.

That can only be down to management and a sheer lack of awareness of what to do about it. Apart from the reluctance to admit they were wrong, I can't understand why Dalman and Tan can't recognise the problem and act. Leaving things alone on the hope they will sort themselves out is not a plausible option.

I suppose a couple of decent home wins the next two games and the "I told you so's" will all come out. Drawing them, or dare I say it even losing at least one and we'll be a couple of games nearer the end of the season and no better off.

8. ninian opinion

ninian opinion Well-Known Member

It’s your final para which part of me obviously wants to happen but another part alarms me.

6 or even 4 points in next 2 games is what we should be expecting not hoping for, and if we do manage to get some points it to me will be a false dawn as we face much tougher tests in the remaining games of the year, which surely will be too much for this manager.

Oldsparkey and BluefromBridgend like this.
  9. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

I'm worried that the powers that be are going to wait to find that out rather than be proactive. Any more dross like that last night and we'll be looking over our shoulders at the results of those now below us rather than trying to achieve something - even if that's just mid table security for this season

Having said that, save for Warnock's arrival to take over from Trollope, there's little evidence to suggest they can make the right choice.

ninian opinion, Blue Sheep and clingo like this.
  10. Blue Sheep

Blue Sheep Well-Known Member

Kudos to @Hilts24 for an onion that differs. Southampton have reaped the benefits for sticking with a manager when every man and his dog were calling for his head <ok>

Oldsparkey likes this.

11. clingo

clingo Well-Known Member

It's a fair call Mr Sheep but I think Southampton were at least showing signs of moving forward at the time and seemed to have a strategy for their desired style of play. Regrettably, we are not showing any signs of that with every game now so predictable, you could write a script in advance. The only variant is wether or not we get the equaliser. I admire loyalty greatly but I fear that if we don't make a change now, we could be facing a real relegation dog fight. We're 18th in the league and even worse in the current form table.

12. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

That's fair enough Sheepy - there are no guarantees either way. <ok>

Any owner/board that sticks by their manager when he's under flak deserves credit when it comes off. However the problem can be greater when they ignore all the signs and fail to act in the hope it's the right policy rather than in true conviction.

We've no real idea of the situation behind closed doors at the CCS, but there must be rumblings at that level and not just amongst supporters.

clingo and BluefromBridgend like this.
  13. ninian opinion

ninian opinion Well-Known Member

I just feel that when a manager publicly questions whether the players have showed enough that they want to play for the club, that to me suggests there’s a problem between management and the players.

Warnock, faults aside, would make the players jump through hoops for him, the fans and the shirt.

To me it seems Harris hasn’t got that ability.

ccfcremotesupport and clingo like this.
  14. BluefromBridgend

I thought that was the case a few weeks ago. I would go as far to say he is losing support in the dressing room and this is manifesting in uninspiring performances on the pitch.

clingo likes this.
  15. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

Lee Johnson an alternative? <laugh>
    I can't believe any owner will get sucked in by Junior's football speak. I fear for Cardiff if you employ him.
    If you do change I think Paul Cook would be your best bet.

clingo likes this.
  16. BluefromBridgend

First suggestion RP - my reply concerns sex and travel.

Second suggestion, some on here have suggested him. Looked him up on Wiki yesterday. Been around a bit, did a good job at Wigan but still shopping at Home Bargains as far as I'm concerned.

Let's put the cat in the bag and go for Bellamy. Golf clubs will be hidden for training sessions at the Vale!!!

clingo likes this.
  17. Hilts24

Onwards an upwards.

Harris in!!!!!

Good to see the young lad thrown in.

Let Harris continue the rebuild. We need a few players out of the door in January and again this summer. Hopefully Mark Harris can save us a few quid as the 2nd striker.

18. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

I thought you'd be back after yesterday........<laugh>

Hilts24 and ccfcremotesupport like this.
  19. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Hilts - was this you after the game yesterday?......................<laugh><laugh>

please log in to view this image

20. Hilts24

Yesterday made up for the money lost on the horses.<laugh>

Oldsparkey likes this.