1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Happy Days

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by PGFWhite, Nov 5, 2011.

1. PGFWhite

PGFWhite Well-Known Member

We are in the top half of the table after 11 games, which has included away trips to Man City, Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool.

Unbeaten at home and with Man U up next.

Bring it on :emoticon-0110-tongu

2. aswan_dam

aswan_dam Well-Known Member

The top 7 are pulling away but I don't think 8th place is beyond us from what I've seen so far <ok>

3. bongojack

bongojack Active Member

Worked hard for that point today..couple of weeks ago we might have lost that game but we are coming of age

4. Jager

Jager Well-Known Member

I agree ;) but its a damned shame gower didn't put that one away, and I'm not knocking him at all by the way

5. Norway-jack

Norway-jack Well-Known Member

Bongo- good point, we are looking like we are more comfortable every game we play , i wouldnt say that we are going to finish 8th or anything like that but survivial is looking more acheivable with every performance.

But, remember blackpool anyone?? we must keep improving if we are to stay up , this result today will improve the ego and confidence of our players and that will give them a masaive boost when they take on other prem teams, the 1pt is massive but just being able to outperform the likes of liverpool on their own patch may be worth more than just 1 point in the remainder of the season !!

we

6. swimaway

swimaway Well-Known Member

OK... I will then....the useless c*%t couldn't score in a brothel. We all know his record for scoring! Apart from that he played quite well but I felt he was the weaker of our midfield trio. If Agustien is to come back in I suspect it will be at Gower's expense.

7. neveroffsidereff

neveroffsidereff Well-Known Member

Jager was a shame that Gower missed, same range etc as Sinclairs miss last week.

8. swimaway

I'm gutted, as the 2 points lost today really dented our Champions League hopes. 9 points behind Chelsea now!

9. ThaiCanary

ThaiCanary Well-Known Member

Good point for you guys today, plenty of other team will come away from Anfield with nothing this season.
    Onwards & upwards <ok>

10. Crackerjack

Crackerjack Active Member

I've never been of the opinion that Gower would ever be a starter in the Premier League , not even in the Championship , but as a band-aid anywhere in the midfield in either league , he's proven himself over & over under 3 managers now . When someone needed to step in to a injury created hole in the midfield , he's been worth his weight in gold . His minutes will probably fall off after the break but he sure played an important part while we've been short & I for one am in awe of his versatility . He didn't have a great game today but everyone has bad games Cheers all ! .

11. Hit The Road

Hit The Road Member

Spot on. But successive managers seem to like Gower. He does a lot of good stuff (picking out a player with a good pass) but then screws it up with poor corners, free kicks and finishing. Agustien is a better all round player imo.

12. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

Well said Breezy, I know he didn't have a good game today, but Gower has been a good sticking plaster in the middle of the park, in fairness to the boy!..................
    please log in to view this image

13. swimaway

Don't get me wrong... I'm not knocking Gower for the good job he has done but I think we have better to come back from injury (Agustien and who knows......Bodde!). Shooting is not his strong point and this Swansea side deserves better.
    Let's be honest. Imagine it's the last minute of the season with one minute to go and Swansea need to score to get a point and stay up. A Swansea player breaks through to a one on one with Reina. I would rather see Allen, Britton, Dobbie, Agustien, Cotterill even Orlandi in that position before Gower and I suspect you all agree with me too!

14. Jager

Jager Well-Known Member

Thing is swimaway we have who we have, he's in our team and deserves the full backing of the fans when playing, despite my misgivings he has played his part and today done well the goal chance besides.

15. Norway-jack

Ive never been a fan of Gower but you have to say he has proved the doubters wrong these last few seasons , if Kemy can come in and move the ball quicker then mark will spend alot more time on the bench, im happy for him to get a new deal and he gives 100%

funny how he used to score so many goals for southend in a similar position :) never mind ,just really happy with a point today ,also happy that we didnt suck up to the liverpool lot as much as i thought we would .

16. Hit The Road

Hit The Road Member

It's not sucking up it's showing respect and acknowledging that we're the new kids on the block.

Nothing wrong with that imo. Humilty = class. Arrogance is an ugly trait.

17. Norway-jack

Arogance may be an ugly trait but most winners have it HTR.

In sport you show zero respect to the opposition if you want to win, never mind the bit when people say nice things in front of the camaras behind closed doors the attitude is different, i thought we showed that today and had an "arrogance" in our passing that showed we meant buisiness :)

As said above we are growing nicely , still a very long way to go though but to get something from anfield today will give our players that bit of an ego boost that they will need in the coming weeks

Arrogance= successful sportsmen .

18. Hit The Road

Hit The Road Member

True for the players.

In case you haven't noticed.....we are fans, not sportsmen. <doh>

19. Norway-jack

Arnt we talking about the players??? i thought thats the general idea of a football forum aussie!! we tend to talk about the players on here in case you hadnt noticed ;)

as i said "In sport"

Think your slowly losing your marbles aussie :)

20. Norway-jack

HTR- Please try and stay on thread, its getting silly now ;)