1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Hangeland

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Bigchazqpr, Jun 8, 2014.

1. Bigchazqpr

Bigchazqpr Active Member

2. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

QPR to move for out of contract cottager
    QPR to move for out of contract cottager

Fans Opinion

 Brede hangeland going to Qpr is insulting 

@ChrisBurt13

If Hangeland was such a disruptive influence as I keep reading. Y was he not stripped of the captaincy + dropped? #2sides #ffc #COYW

@Ifield74

Brede hangeland going to Qpr is insultingSo Hangeland is on a free but Villa decide to go for Senderos instead. This isn't funny anymore (it never was)

@martinlaurence7

What do you think?

Date: 8th June 2014 at 3:00 am
    Written by Daniel Eyre | Comments(0)

Share via email

QPR want to keep Brede Hangeland in the Premier League next season, and are ready to offer him a deal at Loftus Road.

The Norwegian will leave Fulham after failing to agree a new deal with the recently relegated side, with many reports suggesting the defender was told over e-mail that his contract would not be renewed. Other reports have stated that Hangeland has deliberately left on bad terms to manoeuvre a move to QPR.

The Hoops secured the place back in the Premier League after a dramatic victory over Derby County in the Championship Play-Off final, and want to add the experienced 32-year-old to their ranks, according to the Metro. Despite being rival clubs, Hangeland is reportedly ready to join Harry Redknapp’s side, in an attempt to keep his Premier League career going.

Hangeland spent 6 years at Craven Cottage, where he won a Europa League runners-up medal in 2010. But with the club’s future now in the Championship for at least one season, the centre-back will not be staying on.

Whilst QPR are looking to add Hangeland, they have also confirmed the departure of Yossi Benayoun, who has left London to return to his home country Israel, where he will play for Maccabi Haifa.

3. Hoops Eternal

Hoops Eternal Well-Known Member

I did rate him, but thought he looked a bit shaky last season. I'm always a shade dubious of signing players from relegated teams, it's those very players that got them relegated in the first place!

4. Flyer

Flyer Well-Known Member

He was great up until 2 years ago, the decline has been shocking since then.

He's a clown now, one who makes Dunne look spritely.

5. Ninj

Ninj Well-Known Member

wasn't he out injured for part of last season? If fit could be ideal experience if (1) there is no fee involved and (2) he isn't paid stupid wages.

6. NorwayRanger

NorwayRanger Well-Known Member

I'm not a fan but that is a bit harsh. To be fair to him he can't play in a high defensive line. He's very good at defending deep, much like Dunne, but totally useless playing with a high line like Martin Jol uses. Under Hodgson playing a deep laying defense he was excellent.
    If used right he could be an asset, used wrong and he's a big liability.

7. Kilburn

Kilburn Well-Known Member

I recall a few years back when Fulham were playing UEFA League that he was playing well and routinely stepped up for a few goals to turn losing positions around.

8. Surlyc

Surlyc Well-Known Member

There would be no fee. However, as Fulham would not be subsidising his wages and there would be no fee I would think he would be expecting a big pay packet.

Hangeland should have missed most of last season with his back/sciatic injury. He's a player for whom his jumping ability was an important asset and he has not been able to jump for the last year. In short it would be a big risk for QPR, especially if you sign Rio as well.

So go for it! ;)

9. Stroller

Stroller Well-Known Member

He's no better than Hill or Dunne now.

10. Flyer

Flyer Well-Known Member

I just hope the manager isn't thinking like that, he was great. The key is was, now he is a liability. We have two slow CBS already, we don't need another one. Pace is a must with a new cb.