1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

HANDY PARKING - PRIDE PARK - 05/03/2020

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by knabby crackers, Feb 20, 2020.

1. knabby crackers

knabby crackers Active Member

I hope this may be helpful to any United fans travelling to Derby by road for the FA Cup game on 5th March, there are ongoing roadworks approaching the stadium.

There is parking available for away supporters on 2 sites, 100 and 400 yards from the stadium, cars and vans are charged at £6 [sorry no coaches].

Assuming that most will travel via the M6, I would advise that you exit the M6 at the A50 and continue along it to the A6 and approach Derby via Alvaston.

When you reach the A5111 Ring Road/Blue Peter [pub] island go straight across in the left hand lane and like wise at the next island, this takes you into London Road.

Continue along London Road [the Navigation pub on the right hand side is away friendly] until you come to the island signed PRIDE PARK>>>, turn right here, go through the traffic lights and turn right at the next island [Merlin pub/Audi], go along the front of the stadium and straight across the next island into RIVERSIDE ROAD, the FRENGER SYSTEMS car park is about 60 yards along on the right hand side and is more suited to the elderly and less able supporters.

For those who may wish to eat/drink nearer the stadium continue along Riverside Road to the last unit on the left hand side, the PRIDE VETERINARY CENTRE car park is handier for away friendly hostelries on Pride Park [ask an attendant for details]. When leaving this car park turn left and left again at the island, go straight through the next island and then right at the Merlin/Audi island to take you back to London Road.

If you can allow extra time because of the road works, they have been causing severe delays at times and I would anticipate that 5th march will fall into that category.

I hope this helps, always remember 'patience is a virtue', have a safe journey.<ok> :emoticon-0105-wink:

cytrax, Diego, Stan and 1 other person like this.
  2. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Nice one mate, very thoughtful and sporting of you <ok>

3. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Why do you care, you'll be taking the canal.

Diego likes this.