1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Hammers. Can we nail them ?

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Chelsea Pensioner, Apr 3, 2018.

1. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

After our hammering by the Spuds, the word Hammer does not fill me with confidence. On the other hand, I no longer think we can get 4th place, so I would throw caution to the wind and discover if we really have any decent players hiding in the squad.
    Conte is in a no lose position. If he gets fired he walks with 9 million. If he leaves he signs with PSG for 11 million. So why wouldn't he have some fun in a very fun free season?
    So here goes.

Goalie 3rd choice who hasn't seen the pitch all year. West Ham rarely trouble any Goalie anyway. The snake Courtois should be ignored, Willy rested.
    Defence Moses, Christensen Rudiger ( Dave needs a rest, Moses needs to find something he can do well, Christensen needs to stop reading how good he is, Rudiger needs to keep improving.)
    Wing Backs Zappa and the new Italian ( Moses is again hopeless as a wing back, Zappa is inconsistent but has a cool tash, and the new Italian needs to play so I can remember his name)
    Midfield Bakayoko Luiz ( supposedly fit) . Baka can rise to the occasion or forever disappear. Kante can have a laugh.
    Front Pedro Giroud Hudson Odei. (Hazard is our Mesit Ozil, always missing when needed which he isn't in this game. Willian is pissed off with having to do it all by himself. Morata is a big girls blouse, great hair though )

Thoughts ??

BobbyD likes this.
  2. chelsea - over 100 years of history

I certainly think 2 or 3 fringe players should get some games now. Top 4 is gone and we need to plan for the fa cup game/s and next season. Tricky though when the manager wont be here come June. not sure about Moses in central defence though!

3. Chelsea Pensioner

Trying to find something he can do well 100, he seems like a nice bloke.
    Not sure about Bakayoko anywhere near the Bridge either, but he has to do something to earn his salary .
    Thought about playing the entire under 18s against Hammers, but they would all need to be home in bed before the game ends.

BobbyD likes this.
  4. chelsea - over 100 years of history

Yeah I like Moses but he's been pretty poor this season in both defence and attack. Not sure he does either job well enough to warrant inclusion. Alonso at least gives a real threat going forward and at set pieces. Right back is certainly an area we need to improve on. Zappacosta has also been inconsistent in that position but he's worth giving some game time IMO.

Hudson Odoi needs minutes as well.

5. Liquidator

Liquidator Active Member

Throwing caution to the wind seems to run counter to Conte’s basic instincts; however given we’ve virtually blown our chances of a top 4 finish and heading for the Europa Twilight zone we should give a few youngsters a runout to blood them - after all they’re younger, fitter and probably a darn sight hungrier than most of the present motley crew. As for the Spammers? Very much a treble chancer this one given our current instability and the Pikeys convincing win over our semi-final opponents.

6. Liquidator

Liquidator Active Member

Throwing caution to the wind seems to run counter to Conte’s basic instincts; however given we’ve virtually blown our chances of a top 4 finish and are heading for the Europa Twilight zone we should give a few youngsters a runout to blood them - after all they’re younger, fitter and probably a darn sight hungrier than most of the present motley crew. As for the Spammers? Very much a treble chancer this one given our instability and they are on a temporary high after dispatching our semi final opponents; if we have a smidgen of pride left we won’t let them do the double over us will we?

7. StanDMan

StanDMan Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Just for record, I trust Tony fully so went with Marko as my FPL skip

8. Gareth1808

Gareth1808 Well-Known Member

I think they'll park the bus and might even get a 0-0.

9. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Hammers were truly dreadful and there for the taking but we didn’t finish them off

Blueman likes this.
  10. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

Sums up the season, as TC says. Dominated the game but didn't kill them off, paying the price with the equaliser. So frustrating.

11. Chelsea Pensioner

I thought we were dreadful as well. Hazard played quite well but also gave the ball away a tremendous amount, Morata looked the liveliest I have seen him and Dave tried going forward again. Kante stood out as usual but in Rugby terms, as a team we always seem to go "one out"
    The finishing !!!!!!!! Utter dross, and the predictability, totally um....... predictable.
    Where were the subs to change things around ? Moses was useless, no Zappa, Alonso not too flash, no Emerson, no Callum Odei.
    We were a directionless mess with no power, firing blanks all night against a hopeless and hapless opponent. Keep reading we might rid up to 8 players in the summer, on this effort, might not be enough. .

12. Gareth1808

Gareth1808 Well-Known Member

Europa league next season, if we even manage that, could be interesting next season.

Chance to play the development team imo, give them a challenge of facing senior sides with a few fringe players and see how they get on. They rinse everybody they play at youth level so Europa is a perfect chance for them to get experience against senior pros.

13. BobbyD

BobbyD President

Didn't watch it as I was out but can imagine what you were saying as it's been like that all year really.

Conte just doesn't change things up too much

14. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Yep, 23 shots on goal shows how bad our finishing was.

West Ham scored with their third touch inside our penalty area.

15. Chelsea Pensioner

23 shots on goal and only one went in. Actually 3 went in but 2 were offside, one a bit unluckily. Not a great percentage for those who rate statistics.