1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Hammers away next

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by Bigal2, Oct 3, 2024 at 1:10 PM.

1. Bigal2

Bigal2 Active Member

Very disappointing,we seem to let nerves get to us when expectations are high,just like the Southampton game.Whereas when we aren't expected to win we put in a more diehard performance.At least we're still outside the relegation spots!

COYB!!!

2. fieldmarshall

fieldmarshall Well-Known Member

Defensive mistakes and carelessness cost us goals against Man City, Southampton, Villa, and again today somethings not right, I realise that it's a huge step up and we have to find out who can make the grade and who cant but today's dreadful performance is worrying, ok we missed Tuanzebe and Johnson looks extremely average coupled to Hutch not really competing in this division so far.
    The one outstanding plus point is Delap but he is the only one scoring in the main

3. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Little bird tells me Delap will be off to Chelsea in January, don’t shoot the messenger <ok>

4. Bigal2

Bigal2 Active Member

5. Spanish

Spanish Well-Known Member

Wow, you can read!! What you meant to say is, I've seen, all over social media, that Chelsea might go after Delap....along with about 20 other strikers!! So your little bird is social media and as for don't shoot the messenger...it's old news!!

6. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

YorkieLancsHampyLondoner Well-Known Member

We can afford to get outplayed and beat 4-1 occasionally if we take our chances in the tight games but we are seven games in and we need to do more than stick to the process - at times McKenna needs to roll the dice.

7. itfcptc

itfcptc Well-Known Member

I think the thing which is most concerning after a generally positive start is that we've gone backwards in elements of our game. Is this because the players we've brought in aren't as good or is it because we've got a team full of new players....either is slightly concerning and maybe we've tried to integrate too many too soon.

8. Bigal2

Bigal2 Active Member

I stick by what I said earlier,our two worst performances were against the two sides we had the highest expectations of beating.Nerves,complacency,who knows??

9. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

YorkieLancsHampyLondoner Well-Known Member

We can’t put it down to that. We handed Man City and Villa goals on a silver platter too.

10. Bigal2

Bigal2 Active Member

But we showed more fight in both those matches.

11. fieldmarshall

fieldmarshall Well-Known Member

These errors are not happening now and again on the contrary, they are happening consistently and it is concerning, to say it's complacency and to be expected is evading the issue.