1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Hamilton is currently the best F1 driver

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by Forza Bianchi, Jan 28, 2011.

1. El_Bando

El_Bando Can't remember, where was I?
    Forum Moderator

2. Ashbees Plums

Ashbees Plums Member

I remember that too. It's a shame for me that there is so much pettiness with the F1 fans sometimes, I mean I'm Ferrari through and through but without the other teams and drivers taking part there would be no F1. To be a bit controversial, I have the opinion that Hamilton will drive for Ferrari one day in any case, a lot of times in F1 when a driver falls out with his team he ends up at their arch-rivals, and it's been suggested in the past that Lewis doesn't always get on totally well with the Mclaren top dogs.

3. DouglasMcDouglasoftheKlan

I think it's unfair that Hamilton has come along and taken the shine of Alonso. If it wasn't for Hamilton not knowing his place in 2007, Alonso would not have had the indignities heaped upon him. Anyone would have left the team after that even if to a no hope team like Renault. Even then mighty Fernando managed a win in a Renault that was terrible showing his real class

Hamilton will never be better than Alonso for been so dishonest. Accepting the role of rookie then racing, outqualifiyng his WC teammate.

Because of him Alonso was not able to claim his 4 or 5 WCs like Scumacher. Even worse we now have Vettel and Kubica who won't allow the sweet Alonso to claim his titles.

Because of Hamilton even rookies like Petrov don't jump out of the way like they would have to Schumacher.

Because of Hamilton there natural order is gone and we have chaos. Anyone can drive fast but only Alonso can drive fast and still respect the law

Disgraceful, and only those who started watching F1 in 2007 think this is acceptable

4. Spanner82

Spanner82 Well-Known Member

I voted Vettel and I stick by that vote

5. nh-f1

nh-f1 Member

For once your right, i read from a post somewhere that they met one of the drivers and said they are completely different than on TV. as we saw at Silverstone 2010, they all get along fine enough. Unlike footballers, they always have respect for each and everyone of them, up or down the grid

6. allsaintchris.

allsaintchris. Well-Known Member

Hamilton has beaten all of his teammates in every year he has been in F1.

You are always measured aganist your teammates. OKay, lets discount Heikki as he is a bit rubbish, but to beat Alonso and Button does show a measure of speed and consistency.

The only thing he needs to temper is his ability to switch off and make mistakes or errors of judgement that have cost him a title or two.

I don;t think there is a single driver out there who is truly complete, Vettel makes errors, Alonso can be lose his head, in my view Hamilton is slightly better than the others.

7. Canary f1

Canary f1 Member

I voted Hamilton based on his potential. If there was an option to vote for both Alonso and Hamilton, I would have. I think there is little to choose between the two. I think Hamilton is slightly faster and a slightly better overtaker but Alonso is better under pressure ( makes a huge difference) which leads to better consistency. Alonso is more independent than Lewis, he is able to make big decisions himself whereas Lewis relies on his team too much and often panics when things aren't going his way which often leads to errors. Lewis also seems to get distracted too easily by events outside the paddock. When Alonso is in his groove he seems both unstoppable and fearless.

I think in time, Lewis will be an all time great and surpass Alonso but he hasn't yet.

When all said and done, they both need a good car to win championships. Hamilton or Alonso would have blitzed last year in the RB5.

The media invented this idea that Hamilton and Alonso hate each other. The simple truth is they don't!

8. Forza Bianchi

Forza Bianchi Well-Known Member

Thanks for all your comments everyone. I really do respect Lewis Hamilton's ability as a driver, just like Fernando Alonso does. I still think Fernando is slightly better, but all Lewis needs to do be aggressive at the right moment. This is something Alonso does very well. At times Alonso can be cautious ( start of the Abu Dhabi GP), but at times he can also be aggressive (start of Singapore GP). Alonso rarely gets involved with collisions as a result of overly aggressive driving. If Lewis were to improve in this part of his driving, he will be (in my view) the best driver on the grid.

9. DHCanary

DHCanary Very Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Canary f1 is talking sense. Two people liking each other will not sell newspapers. With all the top drivers, to an extend the machinery must dicate their performance, that and luck. Sure, Massa had a dip in form this year, but apart from that, from the likes of Kubica, Hamilton, Button, Alonso, Sutil, Rosberg, Schumacher, Vettel, Webber and Barrichello, can you really say that given the best car on the grid, they wouldn't win the championship? (I know some of them are from the same team, so both can't win).

10. Canary f1

Canary f1 Member

Nice to see a fellow Canary on the F1 boards!

11. DHCanary

DHCanary Very Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

^ Yep, OTBC!

12. JugglingJonah

JugglingJonah Member

any real story that could possibly happen is Lewis & Fernando wife swapping:smiley-finger007:

Both Alonso and Hamilton are professionals, they know they could not afford to let any personal issues get in the way of their ambitions, 2008 Alonso went back into the lions den and congratulated Lewis.

Nelson Piquet and Nigel Mansell off the top of my head was a good/funny pairing, no doubt Alonso and Hamilton will go down as team-mates who never got along but the relationship between Piquet and Mansell for me remains the best of the worst.

13. Ashbees Plums

Ashbees Plums Member

Piquet and Mansell really didn't get on at all, Mansell talks about it in his autobiography.

14. JugglingJonah

JugglingJonah Member

Not one for reading autobiographies Ash... care to dish some dirt/expand a little... a nice little titbit... quite a character is nigel and believe he is doing some mental marathon gig for charity, think I also read somewhere that his son is involved in motor racing?

15. allsaintchris.

allsaintchris. Well-Known Member

Nelson Piquet was pretty much scum when it came to personality.

He accused Ayrton Senna of being gay, Mansell of being a blockhead and saying Mansells wife was ugly, all in one single swipe before the start of a season (1988) I think.

He was a some what desperate attention seeking individual, this showed in the managing of Piquet jnr and the debalce that ensued at Renault.

A 3xWDC yes, but certainly no ambassador for the sport.

16. DouglasMcDouglasoftheKlan

any real story that could possibly happen is Lewis & Fernando wife swapping

Post by jugglinjonah
    ---------------------

How can this member police others and get FACTUAL posts deleted yet be allowed to post this perverted filth
    I am so disgusted by this

Can you imagine the heroically hirstute and bushy eyebrowed medallion wearing youngster Fernando with that curvy leather clad sinner Nicole?

17. GraymeadYNWA

GraymeadYNWA New Member

I think its a hard one to call,, they are both extremely talented drivers and the best two around at the moment in my opinion

I think Lewis is a better overtaker, and is certainly more aggressive than Alonso with his overtakes. But you cannot be perfect at Overtaking, and those risks Lewis takes cost him last year without a doubt.

Put it this way they are so close that any world championship battles between them will be decided by the quality of the cars they are driving and the number of DNF's they may get, as drivers they are neck and neck