1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Haigh to get rid of GFH

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Aug 28, 2016.

1. FORZA LEEDS

FORZA LEEDS Well-Known Member

A football coach's dream

2. Chippy / Glory

Chippy / Glory Senior Member

We can see you bellmont....
    Prove you are for real and not just another ****er from gfh.....

3. Bellmont

Bellmont New Member

lol - sorry to disappoint, but nothing that exciting im afraid, just a regular old person from cold and wet England who is clearly not very adapt at using forums
    but I really appreciate the welcome though guys :)

I wish I was in the Dubai sunshine though - sounds good!

The court document is a court document - its fact and is recognised in the UK whether you agree with their law or not (and for what its worth I don't agree with their principles either)

We are also all free to read it and interpret it how we want to - its all public record after all.

Haigh has never denied that the bank accounts that all of that money went in to, were in his name (that's in the documents). His defence was that it was for "expenses and money owed" and Justice Giles decided that Haighs defence was “scarcely credible” and his conduct in defending the claim was “dishonest” and “inappropriate and unreasonable”. Haigh also offered no defence or had anyone represent him at the hearing it says.

conclude what you want to that - it doesn't bother me if you think he was guilty or innocent - I was just sharing something that I found interesting that I hadn't seen posted anywhere else.

its great that everyone has an opinion (and witty banter ) though

have a fantastic 2017 everyone :)

ellandback likes this.
  4. Chippy / Glory

I agree about ex rent boy agency owner Haigh but still puzzled why you trawled our site to post on an old thread rather than saying hello and starting a new thread, why your profile apparently says you are 16, and why you are hiding behind a proxy server showing your location as central London..... Although our spies are not the best so there may be a simple explanation....

Do you go to games? We are a friendly bunch and are happy to meet up over a pint assuming ur old enough...

5. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Evening Bellmont. Welcome to Not606.

Tell us about yourself pal?

6. ellandback

Forum Moderator

They are just cautious, as Whitejock explained earlier it was not long ago that Salem Patel from GFH was posting on forums just like this...

7. ellandback

Forum Moderator

And its much appreciated...

8. ellandback

Forum Moderator

To be fair peeps, we should be welcoming newbies to our board, not giving them the 3rd degree

He's explained himself. Let's not give him a hard time....

9. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Absolutely no problem Elland but you can't blame us for being cautious. As already mentioned, gfh had posters on waccoe. Given the ease at which some run to their solicitors, I'm sure nobody wants to have to watch every word we write. I've already backed off on debating with Haigh

10. Chippy / Glory

Backing off from haigh is dangerous. If he climbs on you aint going to be able to shift him with your short arms...

11. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

good old bellend or whatever bis name is, just surprised to see he hasnt posted about the Queen still having a cold. <laugh>

12. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

Story just seems to have broken now in the YEP. The article is worth a read, especially towards the end. GFH have come after Haigh, but he's taking them on. It's a story I'm keen to follow, as GFH have the upper hand atm, but there's the faint possibility it might swing Haigh's way. I guess I'm rooting for the underdog - that and the fact that I want GFH damaged as much as possible. Is it so wrong to hate an institution as much as I hate GFH?

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co....pay-gfh-4m-after-dubai-court-ruling-1-8315582

ellandback likes this.
  13. Chippy / Glory

Its a race to the bottom, they are shysters and he is a con man... Hopefully they bankrupt each other!

Whitejock likes this.
  14. Eireleeds1

The words blood from a stone spring to mind

Whitejock likes this.
  15. ellandback

Forum Moderator

by Justice4Haigh on 3rd January 2017 in Press
    The below is a statement from David Haigh on the orders of the DIFC Court of October last year, from a hearing held whilst David was an in patient for 7 weeks a the Priory hospital receiving treatment for the torture. David has requested permission to appeal.

“The entire process against me – from the time I was tricked by GFH into flying to Dubai to this latest biased judgement – has been an abuse of process and of my human rights.

Incredibly, this latest hearing was held during the seven weeks I was in The Priory Hospital in the UK being treated for post-traumatic stress disorder.

This was as a direct result of the abuse and torture to which I was subjected while being held in jail for almost two years in arbitrary detention in Dubai.

Because of this I was not present at the hearing. Even had I been fit, I could not have attended the hearing since the DIFC court refused to guarantee my safety and freedom were I to return to Dubai, which I had requested.

My lawyers were also not permitted to attend the hearing as the DIFC ignored requests to register them with the court and I was prevented from filing a full defence, including the expert reports and evidence which would prove my innocence at any fair trial.

Both GFH and the DIFC were fully aware of my situation following letters sent to them by my doctors and lawyers.

Interestingly, when the matter came before an English court just before this ‘judgement’ was handed down, GFH lost their application to serve papers on me in The Priory relating to the DIFC hearing. They were also ordered to pay costs.

I now look forward now to GFH seeking to enforce the orders made against me by the DIFC court in an English court where my lawyers and I are confident its judgement will be thrown out.

English courts, as the British government is aware, have made several recent rulings in other cases based on their belief that the Dubai courts lack independence and do not offer a fair trial.

We will also be taking action against GFH and their lawyers in the USA and in the UK, in whose judicial systems I have total faith.

While I cannot, like many UK judges, have any faith in the Dubai justice system I have also requested permission to appeal the DIFC judgement.

Meanwhile the actions of the UAE, the DIFC court and GFH are now before the United Nations.”

16. Chippy / Glory

He had total faith in the dubai courts ( and said so) till he lost!
    The priory... Ffs ...celebtity clinic for ****ers with nothing wrong with them...
    Cant he just quietly **** off and stop dragging our club into his tawdry life and corrupt dealings....

17. lifecheshirewhite

You and WJ are beyond belief on this one Elland,£4 million of our clubs funds[our money] found its way into his account,could have forced us into admin,and you guys are supporting him <yikes> I hope he burns in hell.:emoticon-0130-devil

18. Marcos Barber

Marcos Barber Well-Known Member

Live by the sword...

19. Chippy / Glory

Think he is lives by the battyboy light saber not the sword.

20. Eireleeds1

Both gah and him will eventually end up broke but with very wealthy legal teams. That'll be a sad day