1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Gutierrez Contract Extended Until 2015

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Cal., Sep 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Secret Ingredient

The Secret Ingredient Well-Known Member

i hope and pray i'll be able to change mine soon got one lined up,how does *the secret ingredient in the sultan of Brunei's pies is ****ing loads of money* sound :)

2. Jock McMagpie

Jock McMagpie Active Member

I am really happy he has extended his stay. I hope this is also a genius PR coup by Ashley to keep Colo. Its obvious he is going to offer Colo reduced terms as his wages are so high, hopefully now his big mate is here for the duration he will sign at a reduced rate. I could be wrong but I hope I am right.

3. Nick

Nick Member

Really pleasantly surpsied by this news!

Was expecting him to sort of run his contract out or be sold at the end of this season. Especially with Marveaux, Ben Arfa and Obertan being bought, having Ryan Taylor, Abeid & Gosling that can play there AND having Kazenga Lua Lua, Yven Moyo and Shane Ferguson coming through the academy... I thought this would have mean the eventual end of Jonas on tyneside and he'd be one player that i wouldnt hate if he left at that point.

I know he's always said he'd like to play in Italy at some point in his career.

Good news for us though :)

4. ullswatermag

ullswatermag Member

We had Joey for 4 years, three of which he was a complete and utter waste of space, and expensive into the bargain. Last year he played well. He owed Newcastle more than Newcastle owed him.

I'm no apologist for Ashley and Llambias, but this Saint Joey tripe is now getting on my ****ing nerves. He got a good offer and could have still been here either short term or long term, both were his decisions. The fact is, taken over the piece, his signing at an estimated cost of around £18m was one to forget. So lets do so eh.

5. Beatski

Beatski Well-Known Member

prefer the sultans of swing

6. Colly NUFC

Colly NUFC Active Member

This season gets better and better. Colo next please!

7. simonbh7

simonbh7 Active Member

Brilliant news.

8. BoomBoomCheickCheickTheRoom

Really hope so too. I want Colo to stay on for at least another 4 years. Defenders get better with age and with Colo's strength being his reading of the game and his calmness on the ball and not his pace, he has a great chance of playing for another 6 years!

9. why aye jims eye

Excellent news. Get Colo signed up as well

10. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

Everyone can do as they please for me, its just a forum. If my mentioning Barton's situation sits ill wit you, ust ignore it, no big deal.

11. ullswatermag

ullswatermag Member

Sorry, forgot to add how pleased I am about Jonas. Good player.

12. ullswatermag

ullswatermag Member

Have no problem with you having your views and airing them, just sick of the Joey show rearing its head again, especially on a good news thread. So aired my views.

13. Nolberto's Salsa Inferno

Nolberto's Salsa Inferno Well-Known Member

I do like your machiavelian thinking ...and I too hope you are right

Good news all round, even if the persistent worry that its only to maintain Jonas' re-sale value is there.

14. Cal.

Cal. Active Member

If someone signs a new contract its to have a higher transfer value, if they only have a season or two left they're getting sold for next to nothing or seeing it out and going for free. Yay positivity.

15. Jesus Was A Geordie

Jesus Was A Geordie Well-Known Member

This completely - I like Gutierrez and we play better with him in the team, but he is replaceable (Marveuax free, Obertan 3m) where as to get a player of Colo's quality, composure and ability would cost a perverbial McFuckload!

16. ModernEpic

ModernEpic Member

Difference between Barton contract and Gutierrez contract --

Barton bad mouthed the board, whinged about Nolan and Carroll leaving, said the clubs ambitions where gone and there was no reason for him to stay other than his love of the club.

Gutierrez - quote - "We don't care about the players who've left. They left for different reasons.

"We're happy for them because we know how football works, but we have to think of the players who have stayed. They are more important."

Gutierrez also admitted he is content with life at Newcastle and, although he is out of contract at the end of next season, the winger says he is very happy at the club.

"All I can say is that I'm happy here and just focusing on this season."

I think that sums it up for you two guys arguing over the barton saga in relation to this.

17. holystone

holystone Active Member

Like Shola!

18. Mr Wonderful

Mr Wonderful Active Member

Good news for Jonas let's hope he's given a role to which he can show his quality a bit more and a little more end product.

19. Colly NUFC

Colly NUFC Active Member

Perfectly valid to mention it, and more interesting than dozens of 'yay!' posts. For me it just sums up the difference between what we're prepared to offer a player who's consistently hardworking, rarely injured, suspended, or behind bars who isn't a disruptive influence on the rest of the team. Mentioning no names of course.

As many times as you can say, 'yeah, he's only got it because he isn't badmouthing the board', what do you expect? You don't constantly insult your boss, and if your own output is one good year in four you're in no position to expect super wages, and moving to QPR sums that up, alleged interest from Arsenal or not. Mentioning no names.

Yay, Jonas!

20. Oh Titus She Said No

Brilliant news, was worried he might go back to Spain or go to Italy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.