1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Gutierrez Contract Extended Until 2015

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Cal., Sep 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beatski

Beatski Well-Known Member

<laugh>

p.s. <diva>

2. Shola's Scissor Kick

My thoughts exactly. Excellent news.

3. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

Everyone to their own but it all started with haggling over the number of years and wage cuts for me. We'd had no problems with him for a while prior to that. I think it all could have been avoided if this so called perceived policy of only offering maximum 2 or 3 year contracts is actually a complete falicy. I suppose it does probably come down to Barton being able to command higher wages than Jonas in the current marketplace, and the board not fancying him for that reason.

I don't think you can compare it to Jonas in terms of keeping mouths shut etc. He hasn't been asked to take a pay cut or only sign on for 3 years so the dynamics are very different. If he had been he may have been more outspoken. Indeed he made comment the other day about not thinking it was very good the players who left. Barton had kept his gob shut until they reached an impasse, had played well and was only making demands in keeping with his market value.

It coming down to personal hatred should never be part of it really when running a football club. You have to be bigger than that. I'm sure Man Utd have had plenty players down the years who the board hated. But if Ferguson wanted them they stay because football comes first. As I say it matters not really, what's gone is gone.

4. captainmycaptain

Happy day's.

5. The Secret Ingredient

The Secret Ingredient Well-Known Member

great news wonder if he took a pay cut as it's a new deal,wasn't his old wage above the wage cap.

6. Warmir Pouchov

No way of knowing. We don't know what any of them earn or what the wage cap may be. Fair enough really as I don't expect to even if I would be interested!

7. The mighty DeBOOSHy

The mighty DeBOOSHy Active Member

You still on about this? I though this had all blown over when we realised we were actually fine without him and team spirit seems to have almost improved...

Bad influence, good riddance, board did the right thing I reckon, just a shame we couldn't have got 2-3 mil for him.

8. The Secret Ingredient

The Secret Ingredient Well-Known Member

or just being a pain in the arse

anyway this is nothing to do with the QPR player and as he's signed .....happy days <party>

9. Beatski

I'm sure the whole, ASBO/injuries, 1 good season in 4 situation was at the back of their minds, which is in sharp contrast to the ever-present hard work of Jonas

10. G4rdToonArmy

G4rdToonArmy Well-Known Member

woohoo spiderman stays <ok> great servant to the club since he has arrived

11. Warmir Pouchov

I'll discuss anything I like thanks Demba. We're not all one person with the same opinion, so no YOU had decided that as have a few others. I on the other hand think we'd be even better with him. Great player, excellent influence and board did the wrong thing. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. If you dont like it, just ignore it. Otherwise this is the Sunderland board!

12. The mighty DeBOOSHy

Also didn't Ferguson get rid of van Nistelrooy cos of personal hatred? So that point about Man U is void.

13. Gutierrez's Right Boot

Gutierrez's Right Boot Well-Known Member

I dont have to change my username <diva>

14. expat_mag

expat_mag Member

Would you have Barton in our current midfield? I don't see where he fits in to be honest. He wouldn't displace Tiote, and Cabeye is something special. On the wings we are spoilt for choice with pace and trickery. Don't get me wrong, Barton is a good player - strength and depth and all that - but he was on big wages, he was a pain in the arse, and he would have been on the bench or only used in matches against stoke, wolves et al.

15. The mighty DeBOOSHy

Talk about it all you want - I didn't say you couldn't - just that it seems you're the only one left moaning about this.

16. Warmir Pouchov

That doesn't even make sense mate. Are you seriously suggesting that Ferguson has never been allowed to keep a player despite the wishes of the board? If so you're just plain wrong. There's a pretty obvious one who the board wanted out and he wouldn't allow it. Ferguson not liking players is completely different. He is the manager and if he can't get on with them, then yes they'll certainly go. It would be the same with Pardew.

17. Beatski

that's the most important thing <ok>

<diva>

18. Gutierrez's Right Boot

Gutierrez's Right Boot Well-Known Member

to bloody right <laugh>

19. Warmir Pouchov

Not moaning. Just pointing out that the main reason they withdrew their contract offer is because he wanted 4 years and the same wage, they saw it differently and didn't budge. His subsequent actions only hastened his departure not caused it. It seems to me it can only be down to the amount they earn but I could be wrong.

20. Kings Of Besty

Kings Of Besty New Member

Good news. Look a far more solid side with him in it. Now get Collo signed up please....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.