1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Guthrie to put talks in hold with Newcastle

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Vuckic's Faces, Oct 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cal.

Cal. Active Member

2. Travelsick07

Travelsick07 Well-Known Member

I agree with pretty much all, except Ranger needs to go in january. Guthrie i have a feeling they will keep, because he'd be lost value, if he can't get games till january we should loan him out. He's still useful guthrie, but let's face it, he's too short to be a central midfielders. He also looks old for someone his age. But letting him go for free? I think we could get a fee for him from a championship club, which ultimately is his level.

I can't believe you want to let Harps go. Harps belongs to this club. And he isn't past it. He's a very good goalkeeper and he's unlucky not to be first choice. He's not set a foot wrong on or off the pitch.

Shola will play for us till he retires, he's bad with us, but he's even worse anywhere else, we've seen that. Remember his time at stoke? Not even league 1 clubs wanted him afterwards.

Smith...words fail me. How can we sign someone who played his last proper game in 2005. He played in that 7-1 thrashing of roma..because Ferguson was putting him in the shop window and we bought it. Allardyce bought it. Who actually believes Alan Smith is still a football? What's his position? He picks up 60 k a week. Have some decency man, retire, or if you want money, earn it, go play in australia and thailand, like robbie fowler if you love the game so much. But don't hang around the stands and rake in the money from those sitting around you. The alan smith situation is an embarassment to this football club.

3. NUFCaw

NUFCaw Active Member

I would like him to stay as he's adequete cover but you can't really blame him if he wants to go other where for first team football like alot of you have said.

4. Cal.

Cal. Active Member

Same height as Cabaye.

5. QWOP

QWOP Well-Known Member

Not as beautiful though..... We have an image to maintain!

6. NUFCaw

NUFCaw Active Member

I'm not sure height is very important at CM, its more about ability and physical attributes IMO (speed, balance, strength)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.