1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Ground Development - Decision Expected in May

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by Cottager58, Apr 24, 2012.

1. Cottager58

Cottager58 Well-Known Member

The Fulham Supporter's Trust were giving out a flyer at the game on Saturday. It's a tad inaccurate in that the deadline for comments has passed but it includes a useful letter from Ali Mac confirming that a decision is hoped for in May (the next meeting of the H&F Planning Committee as I mentioned in another thread is on 15th May).

Interestingly, the CEO also mentions that planning permission has been given already for a new roof on the JH stand and MAF has put up the money for this to go ahead in the close season. However, so far as I understand, this is a straight replacement for fire and safety reasons but it confirms that the boss is still in there for us.

Ground Development.jpg

2. Super Brian McBride

Super Brian McBride Well-Known Member

I'd thought I read somewhere that in the close season they were going to put a
    new Roof on the Johnny Haynes Stand. probably because of the flares let off in the Europa
    League by the away fans.
    And there have been rumours that if they get the go ahead on Riverside Stand,
    that they have everything in place to do it also. But don't know how true that is.

3. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

Well, lets hope that is true and that the club gets to put its plans swiftly into effect this summer.

4. Cottager58

5. Cottager58

Nothing to report, although the Planning Cpmmittee Agenda for June should be published shortlly. However, following up on comments in the other thread about the benefits of expanding the ground capacity, here is a trot through some history about previous developments - it truly is the 'Good, the Bad and the Ugly'

[With thanks to Bill Plummer]

http://web.me.com/billplummer1066/Toofif/Craven_Cottage.html

6. Cottager58

Bad news again - the Club's application is NOT on the H&F Planning Committee's Agenda for their next meeting (13th June). Very frustrating and no obvious reason for dragging of heels.

7. silkship

silkship Well-Known Member

What is on the agenda?

8. Cottager58

9. Cottager58

Chelsea have been outbid by a Malaysian outfit for the Battersea Power Station site. Having been refused permission by Hammersmith & Fulham Council to develop a new ground at Earls Court, where does that leave them?

Just wondering if the delay in considering our application by the H&F Planning Committee has any connection ?

10. fulham traveller

fulham traveller Well-Known Member

i am always suspicious on this, time will tell, its a bit strange that rangers, chelsea trying to move and ffc looking to expand, me smells a rat

11. Cottager58

Does 'rat' = 'politics', traveller? The Council are desparate for development of the Lynford Christie "arena" in White City. Just a thought.

12. Cottager58

I was checking earlier whether there was any news on the H&F website - unfortunately not; 2 meetings of the Planning Application Committee are scheduled for July (10th and 31st) but as yet no Agenda. Co-incidentally I then did a bit of tidying up and came across this Benfica.jpg

Blimey, how time flies 40 years ago this year when the Riverside was opened. The forward inside the programme by Tommy Trinder has the interesting observation that "it has taken us ten years of planning and battling to get permission". Hopefully H&F are on an efficiency drive this time round.

13. Fulhaman

Fulhaman Well-Known Member

Blimey, Cottager, that brings back memories. I went to that match with my Dad when I was 11 years old. Seeing Eusebio and everything. Happy days. And look at the price of the programme. 10p.

14. Cottager58

15. roscafre

roscafre Active Member

I am surprised that the council are dragging their feet on this one,as a walkway
    forming part of this development,which i understand links the Middlesex riverside,
    from Putney to Hammersmith would be a benefit to the community in general.

16. silkship

silkship Well-Known Member

206 pages... it's going to be a long, boring, meeting.

17. FFC_Madness

FFC_Madness Well-Known Member

Excellent, looking forward to seeing it in September... Hopefully the net over our heads will go!

Going to miss the first game as it is right in the middle of holiday season again!!!

18. Cottager58

I know it's an old story that Chelsea failed in their bid for Battersea Power Station and that this post has nothing to do with the development of the Cottage. However it's the first time I've seen pictures of Chelsea's proposed 'stadium' and just couldn't resist. Oh my, oh my.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2169226/Chelsea-images-Battersea-Power-Station-stadium.html?ITO=1490

Co-incidentally QPR Chairman Fernandes announced today that they have identified 3 potential sites for a new ground but omits to say where they are.

19. Take Me Home Al Fayed

The Chelsea plans do look impressive. Personally I think its a shame they were turned down as it would have made a unique stadium.

20. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

I thought they looked ghastly.