1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Great gesture

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Matthew Bound Still Lurks, Apr 2, 2020.

1. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

Delete further insert any

2. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

3. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

4. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

please log in to view this image

5. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

6. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

7. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

Took me a while to add those two posts.
    Maybe true maybe false.

My heart hopes it's fake.

daimungeezer likes this.
  8. Taffvalerowdy

Just looked on the Companies’ House website, and on The Independent’s website.

Found the following:

1) The Ingram-Moores are directors of this company.
    2) the name of Captain Tom’s grandson is Benjie Ingram-Moore.
    3) the Registered Office of the Company was changed on 20th April from The Coach House, The Green, Marston Moretaine to an Innovation Village in Coventry.
    4) the address given by the family for Captain Tom’s birthday cards is c/o the Post Master, Marston Moretaine.

I’ve no idea re the fee - if any - is payable to Maytrix, but it does appear that the Ingram-Moores do own the business, and why change the Registered Office on 20 April? The Company was incorporated in August 2010 - the Registered Office was unchanged throughout the period until last week......

DragonPhilljack likes this.
  9. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

My brother just sent me this message.Its from a mate of his who dealt with the company.....

They waived thier cut this time for Tom. We done it for cancer last year . Starvin bastards took nearly a quarter off it . Just for holiding it in an account & giving it back to us we wont be using them again

10. Taffvalerowdy

I’ve carried on digging - seems that this is ‘fake news’

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bedfordtoday.co.uk/health/coronavirus/bedford-veteran-99-raises-staggering-ps5million-so-far-walking-100-lengths-his-garden-nhs-2538926?amp

Last edited: Apr 28, 2020

11. Taffvalerowdy

12. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

Taffvalerowdy likes this.
  13. Taffvalerowdy

I would like to update current season ticket holders on the ongoing situation around the four outstanding home games of the 2019-20 campaign.

Like all football fans, the club has been awaiting developments and clarification on the resumption of the season under the current coronavirus restrictions.

With the squad due to return to training soon, there seems little doubt that if the season resumes then fixtures will be played behind closed doors.

I can confirm that if this is the case then all season ticket holders and hospitality members will be eligible for partial refunds – from a date to be confirmed - on their 2019-20 season tickets to take into account the loss of the four home games.

However, I am sure you will understand that clubs are facing a very uncertain financial future as regards to what football will look like going forwards - and we are no different. I would hope therefore, that our supporters will consider some other options that we are exploring as an alternative to claiming a refund.

One such option, which is by no means the only one, is the ability to stream all the club’s remaining fixtures into your own home. Another might be some form of discount on other club products.

The club estimates that the cost of partial refunds for 2019-20 season tickets and hospitality will amount to just under £1million, which will put even greater pressure on the club’s cash flow during these difficult times and for future operations.

I am acutely aware that many families are struggling financially during the pandemic - and all of us at the club thank fans for their patience.

We will therefore endeavour to finalise those options for supporters as soon as possible, but at the moment no refunds are available. Dates and options will follow as quickly as possible.

I will update fans with a further communication regarding season tickets for next season (2020-21) in due course once there is more clarity around the future direction of the football programme.

I am delighted to announce, however, that over 70% of supporters have already renewed their season ticket for next season, and I can’t thank everyone enough for their support in these unprecedented times.

Please keep well and stay safe.

Trevor Birch

Chairman

14. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Taff as there were no quotation marks in the statement do I assume that you're Trevor and can I claim my £5 ?<laugh>

15. Taffvalerowdy

Bloody hell ...... my cover is blown <laugh><laugh><laugh>

16. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

<laugh> I'm having thoughts that any games played will take on a surreal air about them

17. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

70% of what?

Taffvalerowdy likes this.
  18. Taffvalerowdy

70% of existing season ticket holders <cheers>

If the Club would have to repay c£1m for the remaining 4 matches of this season.

It would not be unreasonable to calculate that the club has banked already c£4m of equivalent season & hospitality monies for next season, ie

£1m owed for 4 matches to this year’s season ticket holders = £250k/game

23 games @ £250K = £5.75m, but only 70% have renewed.

So, £5.75m x 70% = c£4m

19. Taffvalerowdy

The Swans’ Trust notes the recent update from Swans’ Chairman Trevor Birch to season ticket holders regarding potential refunds relating to the remainder of the 2019/20, and upcoming 2020/21, seasons.

As the Trust commented in its recent statement, the football industry, like many others, has already, and will continue to be, significantly affected by the current Covid-19 crisis, particularly due to the financial implications of fans being unable to attend games, most likely for the foreseeable future.

We note that many fans are keen to assist the club during this time. As you would expect, particularly during times of crisis, the Trust’s Supporter Director is in frequent dialogue with the club’s management team. A working group has also been set up between the Trust and the Club which has already discussed potential initiatives, and would welcome the input of fans during this time. If anyone has any ideas that could help the club over the coming months then please contact the Trust via social media or email to [email protected] and we will raise them in our discussions.

We welcome the comment from Trevor Birch that any potential alternatives to refunds would be optional. We should remember that all sections of society are being impacted at this time, with many people facing their own financial difficulties and as such refunds of money paid must be available to those who choose to take that option.

Whilst we can always rely on the Jack Army to help the club in times of need, it would be unfair on the fans to be the only stakeholder group to do so, and that unique relationship must not be put at risk. We reiterate our call that reductions, not deferrals, to the wages of those earning far beyond the dreams of most fans are fundamental in ensuring the long term financial stability of our club, particularly as we enter a period when revenues are likely to be dramatically impacted.

We also reiterate our call to our fellow shareholders to work with us to find a solution to these, and other, issues. All parties need to work together to ensure our club’s survival in the coming months and beyond.

Swansea City Supporters' Trust

25th May 2020

20. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Will that appeal fall on deaf ears , I suspect so . Players and owners don't seem to care so its falls on those who can least afford it to contribute to keeping players and directors in the manner they accustomed to.