1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Grayson Best Leeds Manager Ever - FACT

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ristac, Jul 27, 2011.

1. Clivetime

Clivetime New Member

How do you explain Grayson never being able to match the level of perfromances we had under him and having 2 or 3 runs that were worse than the one that got him sacked?

McAllister has been a manager longer than he's been a coach, and with more success in terms of results, so you're just talking nonsense. No one has done any better at Coventry since he left, he did a fantastic job at Leeds and signed two of the best players we've had outside of the top flight, then when he took over for the last few games at Villa, they finished strongly and beat Arsenal and Liverpool.

It's pathetic the way people try to run him down to mask the fact that Grayson has been far worse.

2. Clivetime

Clivetime New Member

Also, Macca was 43 when he was sacked, which is only 2 years older than Grayson is now.

Everyone keeps saying we have to make allowances for Grayson being a young manager, why couldn't you make them for McAllister?

Hypocrites!

3. OLOF

OLOF Well-Known Member

How old was Grayson when he got us promoted?

4. Clivetime

Clivetime New Member

How old was he when he didn't get us promoted?

5. OLOF

OLOF Well-Known Member

How old do you have to be?

6. Clivetime

Clivetime New Member

I don't know, I'm not the one making excuses based on age.

7. Whiteyorkist

Whiteyorkist Active Member

Just go back from my Jollies!

You still on here Clive? I'm guessing you're not backing the legend that is Simon Grayson? I'm also guessing your arguments are total BS too.

8. OLOF

OLOF Well-Known Member

obviously<laugh>dumbass

9. Clivetime

Clivetime New Member

That's not me making excuses based on age.

10. Whiteyorkist

Whiteyorkist Active Member

Clive has actually started arguing with himself????

11. OLOF

OLOF Well-Known Member

<laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh>

Well, no one else will

12. leeds60

leeds60 Well-Known Member

I think you should ask Derby fans what they thought of Billy 3 in a bed Davies i believe he didn,t win a match in the premiership!

13. Best Fans

Best Fans Active Member

Clivetime, most of what you say is hypothetical - 'McAllistar might have got us promoted if he had a full season' etc.

The facts are:

Macca took over January 2008, with Leeds in 6th place. His first 4 games were a loss to Tranmere and draws with Crewe, Nottingham Forest and Northampton. We conceded 14 goals in 17 games after he took over and finished in fifth. He didn't get us promoted that season - something you say about Grayson in his first season - when the opportunity was there against a Doncaster team we were clearly better than. We finished 6 points off 2nd place - if he'd have won the games against Crewe, Northampton and Port Vale we'd have finished 2nd but we drew them instead.

His first 17 games in charge that season don't show much promise.

His second season, he was incharge for 21 games, in which we conceded 29 goals and if I remember correctly it was the constant pairing of Michalik and Marques in defense that was part of this poor record. When he was sacked we were in 9th place, had lost 9 games, 10 including the Histon FA cup loss.

Bates had no option but to sack him - the team had no confidence, were shipping goals like nothing and we even lost to a non league team. Our promotion hopes were diminishing.

Then Grayson took over, won 3 of his first 5 games and drew with Leicester (notice the difference with Macca's 1 win in 5). We went on to win our last 11 home games (equalling Don Revie's 40 year old club record) and finished 4th. We lost only 5 games in the 25 league games after Grayson took over, conceded 19 goals. He signed Naylor and Sodje who completely turned our defence round.

His second season we won promotion, and started the season 8 games unbeaten, and had a good FA cup run.

These are facts. They clearly show Grayson had a much better record as manager.

Grayson took over Leeds with half a season left and took us from 9th to 4th. Macca took over Leeds and took us from 6th to 5th.

Macca's team conceded 29 goals in 21 games in 08/09, Grayson's conceded 19 in 25 games.

There's no debate - Grayson isn't perfect but is clearly a better manager than Macca.

14. Clivetime

Clivetime New Member

That's not a fair and balanced assessment. You're trying to paint a negative picture of McAllister and a positive picture of Grayson.

Are you able to see the positives of the McAllister reign and the negatives of the Grayson reign?

15. I love Leeds United

Did Grayson bully you at school or something? Or did he shag your wife? Your obsession with him is worrying. Grow up you ****.

16. Clivetime

Clivetime New Member

It's almost as if he's a poor manager of the team I support.

17. Josh-LUFC

Josh-LUFC Well-Known Member

or its almost as if your a little ****. you say thats not a fair and balance assessment but it is, you provide some evidence like that, i dare you. You cant because it doesnt exist. We are better under grayson that macca that is a FACT as we are in a higher league

I cant believe you can accept defeat to histon and not to i dont know someone like preston who are at least a proffeisional club

18. Clivetime

Clivetime New Member

I've provided plenty of evidence, people just ignore it and tell me I'm talking rubbish.

Whatever your views of either manager it's absolutely ridiculous to suggest that McAllister did nothing right and Grayson has done nothing wrong.

I think Grayson is the worst manager of all time and even I can give him credit for Gradel, Kisnorbo and the tactics and performances in the cups.

Histon were only two divisions below us, just like we were only two divisions below Man Utd. Results like that happen in the FA Cup all the time.

19. OLOF

OLOF Well-Known Member

Yeah, and freak results like the Preston game never happen do they knobhead.

20. Clivetime

Clivetime New Member

You're right, they don't, that's why it was so bad!

It was the first time in our history that we conceded 6 goals at home.